Police State: CA Approves $500 Fines For 'Wasting Water'...

I hear ya. But i am interested in how Big Brother plans to enforce this. Round-the-Clock surveillance? And what if the Fines aren't paid? Will there be arrests & imprisonment?

Its typical of most laws like this, they hope passing it makes people comply, and they go around and watch people. if they find people watering their lawns excessively, they issue a summons.

Doesn't sound good. Next, Big Brother will probably encourage neighbor & family to rat each other out. Maybe Homeland Security will have to get involved too. I suspect the Water-Wasters will be labeled 'Terrorists' any day now.

NYC has had drought regulations for decades. These are nothing but the same thing.

Water Use Restrictions

If you are paying a state or county utility for your water then what you do with it is your business.

If you have a private well then no one has the right to tell you what to do with the water.

Its typical of most laws like this, they hope passing it makes people comply, and they go around and watch people. if they find people watering their lawns excessively, they issue a summons.

Doesn't sound good. Next, Big Brother will probably encourage neighbor & family to rat each other out. Maybe Homeland Security will have to get involved too. I suspect the Water-Wasters will be labeled 'Terrorists' any day now.

NYC has had drought regulations for decades. These are nothing but the same thing.

Water Use Restrictions

'These are nothing?' Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. How and who decides what 'Excessive Water Use' is?

Water Use Restrictions

'These are nothing?' Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. How and who decides what 'Excessive Water Use' is?

NYC lays it out pretty clearly. Also, there are two other periods before Drought Emergency, a watch, and a warning. in those preliminary cases, its actually only government agencies that first have restrictions applied to them.

Water Use Restrictions

NYC lays it out pretty clearly. Also, there are two other periods before Drought Emergency, a watch, and a warning. in those preliminary cases, its actually only government agencies that first have restrictions applied to them.

Very Slippery-Slopes. How long before more 'Government Restrictions' are forced on the People? Maybe one day, Homeland Security will monitor how many times a day you flush your toilet? Infractions will result in heavy fining and possible imprisonment. I know most will say that's insane and far-fetched, but is it really?

I hear ya. But i am interested in how Big Brother plans to enforce this. Round-the-Clock surveillance? And what if the Fines aren't paid? Will there be arrests & imprisonment?

I find it hard to believe, but I suspect that you will make even sillier statements further on in this thread. I think the real answer is to issue a warning once, then shut off the water to the people that are wasting it.

Very Slippery-Slopes. How long before more 'Government Restrictions' are forced on the People? Maybe one day, Homeland Security will monitor how many times a day you flush your toilet? Infractions will result in heavy fining and possible imprisonment. I know most will say that's insane and far-fetched, but is it really?

The restrictions make sense in a drought condition. Honestly the benefit is from the vast majority that follow the restrictions voluntarily. Enforcement here and there keeps the rest in line.

I find it hard to believe, but I suspect that you will make even sillier statements further on in this thread. I think the real answer is to issue a warning once, then shut off the water to the people that are wasting it.

How and who decides what 'wasting' is? And your solution is preposterous.

boy oh boy, I don't who would want to live in some police state that Commiefornia has become

Lived there back in the 90's you couldn't PAY me to live there today

So tell me if I lived in a place that fines people for water use would I be fined if I went to a private supplier like Poland Springs and bought a tanker truck full of water and then used that water to keep my lawn an unnatural shade of green?

Should I be fined for that at all?

I bought and paid for that water didn't I?

So who the fuck are you to tell me what I can and can't do with it?

The restrictions make sense in a drought condition. Honestly the benefit is from the vast majority that follow the restrictions voluntarily. Enforcement here and there keeps the rest in line.

'The rest in line.' Wow, sounds too loyal Goose Stepper for me. When will you people say enough is enough on overreaching Government abuse? Sadly, I suspect many of you never will.

Last edited:
boy oh boy, I don't who would want to live in some police state that Commiefornia has become

Lived there back in the 90's you couldn't PAY me to live there today

Yeah, the Communists/Progressives are out of control there. It's a mess.

So tell me if I lived in a place that fines people for water use would I be fined if I went to a private supplier like Poland Springs and bought a tanker truck full of water and then used that water to keep my lawn an unnatural shade of green?

This is just another sad example of a dangerous Slippery-Slope. How and who decides what 'Excessive Water Use' is? How does Big Brother enforce these edicts? What if citizens don't pay these fines? Will they actually be imprisoned? These are questions most don't want to take the time to contemplate. They just sheepishly follow and go along instead.

C'mon, it's not rocket science. Call out all the redskins in CA and parts west, bang the tom-toms, and get 'em hoppin' and skippin' and raindancing their asses off if it's getting a little too dry.

'The rest in line.' Wow, sounds too loyal Goose Stepper for me. When will you people say enough is enough on overreaching Government abuse? I suspect many of you never will.

This isn't someone being forced to bake a cake for someone, or being forced to condone a certain behavior, its to have people comply with regulations of a publicly owned utility during a time of emergency. You have to be able to punish people not following the rules, and these are not arbitrary rules, they are in place to protect health, safety, and the integrity of the water system.

I know Rigid Aristotelian logic can be comforting, but it is no way to go through life.

'The rest in line.' Wow, sounds too loyal Goose Stepper for me. When will you people say enough is enough on overreaching Government abuse? I suspect many of you never will.

This isn't someone being forced to bake a cake for someone, or being forced to condone a certain behavior, its to have people comply with regulations of a publicly owned utility during a time of emergency. You have to be able to punish people not following the rules, and these are not arbitrary rules, they are in place to protect health, safety, and the integrity of the water system.

I know Rigid Aristotelian logic can be comforting, but it is no way to go through life.

I'll ask again...How and who decides what 'Excessive Water Use' is? How does Big Brother monitor and enforce these edicts? More people need to examine these type of Government edicts more closely.

the NYC laws explicitly state public water. If you brought in your own tanker, you can do what you will.

The provider of the water, the utility, has government backing to enforce usage laws when a drought is declared. Its to protect not only people to conserve water, but also the system as low levels can lead to catastrophic damage. it is done as an alternative to shutting off the water entirely.

I'll ask again...How and who decides what 'Excessive Water Use' is? How does Big Brother monitor and enforce these edicts? More people need to examine these type of Government edicts more closely.

In NYC, if they see you watering outside the designated times, its a fine. if they find you filling a pool during a stage II, its a fine. If a resturant gives out water without being asked, its a fine. If you wash your car during a stage I, its a fine.

Read the regs, they are quite clear.

In NYC, if they see you watering outside the designated times, its a fine. if they find you filling a pool during a stage II, its a fine. If a resturant gives out water without being asked, its a fine. If you wash your car during a stage I, its a fine.

Read the regs, they are quite clear.

So how does Big Brother monitor and enforce these edicts?

They shouldn't need to fine anyone. If they need that, we have serious problems because it should be common sense not to waste water during a drought.

Forum List

Back