Police Officer: "Move So I Can F*ck You Up!"

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Mad Scientist, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    This was reported back in November of last year but I've just now found out.

This is why the Police don't want you filming them:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9-DcYbbep6o#"]Cop On Steroids? 17-Year-Old Learns Why You Should Never Resist Arrest - YouTube[/ame]!

2. Politico

Politico Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Yo yo bro I knows you gettin' ya neck broke. But I gotsa get my You Tube on feel me?

3. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    Unfortunately, this is typical - not the exception.

4. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    We don't have any cops here, do we? At "another forum" where I posted for five or six years before coming here, we had two or three cops who posted daily. Without exception, they were all total jerks - authoritarian bullies who were the Internet posting equivalent of the piece of shit in this video.

5. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    That video is not typical but it happens. As one who was responsible for IA investigations it is my opinion that each and every person who witnessed this apparent abuse of power is interviewed twice before a decision is made regarding discipline, up to termination.

Officers are trained when engaged in 'ground fighting' to survive. I'd like to know the full event before rendering judgment.

6. George Costanza

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
    I deal with cops on a daily basis. I have cross examined thousands of them over the years in preliminary hearings and trials. I know just about every cop on our local police force personally. I have listened to thousands of defendants talk about what they sustained at the hands of cops. I have photographed their injuries and subpoena'd their medical records.

The video is typical.

Now, having said that, no - of course police officers don't act like this with everyone they arrest or come into contact with. Most of the time, it isn't necessary, because the suspect cooperates. But if the suspect does not cooperate, things change in a big hurry and this is what I am talking about. This video is quite typical when we are talking about a non-cooperating suspect.

And, in fairness to the police, they are trained to be highly aggressive in the face of even the slightest lack of cooperation or resistance from a suspect. After all, their lives are on the line all too often.

The problem area is where an officer overreacts, i.e., becomes highly aggressive when it really is not necessary to do so. Looks like this video is one of those cases.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,726
    Geez, you sissies expect the Police to enforce the law and now you are worried about vulgar language? They say that all the time on police TV shows. What's the big deal?

8. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,155
    I agree. The second officer was out of control. The first officer, actually engaged, was not. What I would do is interview everyone, twice, read the reports and review dispatch records and get as much detail as possible from each participant/witness on what they saw and heard before, during and after the video. My gut response - and I have no evidence to support a feeling - is officer #2 saw, or thought he saw, the subject attempt to take the gun from officer #1.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    What fucking evidence do you have that this video is not typical? Police routinely use force in situations that do not require it because they are trained to hit before they think.

10. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    No, we expect them to obey the law, not break it. I guess we could go back to the days where they could beat the crap out of you for giving them lip, but I prefer to evolve.