Police in Canada can now demand breath samples in bars, at home. Onus on you to prove you are sober

I know guys who won't fish in Canada anymore since some provinces don't allow any open container within the boat. Passengers can't even drink.
Alcohol, Drugs & Boats | Pat's Boating in Canada
If drinking outside of an ice fishing house you may be ticketed for public drinking.Legal Rules about drinking on the ice
Way to wreck fishing Canada.
In America fishing is the excuse for guys to get away and drink with friends.
Buzz Killington award goes to Canada.
The problem with it all, is the generational change in society at large. Once upon a time there was a majority of people who were decent good people who were raised in this way. They respected the land, the people, the laws, themselves, and their communities.

Now we have those who are indecent, rabble rousers, rebellious, and just trouble making it bad for everyone else in society.

Of course the liberal response to it all (you know the mentality of the liberals who figure that everyone should get a trophy, inclusiveness, diversity at all cost crowd), well they want to punish everyone so that the trouble makers won't feel to bad in life when they see that happen.

You know how the military works, as with in order to punish a soldier in basic training, that you punish the whole platoon for one soldiers actions right ??? This way instead of the Sargent having to do a one on one with the soldier, he just makes it where the platoon will do the job of reeling the bad habbits in for him, and thus embarrass the soldier instead of him doing it. Never agreed with the concept, and I sure don't agree with it out in our civilian society at large.

The Demon-crats love casting the responsibility to correct the bad onto all citizens by punishing all instead of making the law apply to the bad person while always rewarding the good people for being good.

It's time to recognize this, and change this back to what it should be in America. We had the right philosophy in the past, but as the generation's changed, it went bad for all.

Wonder where they got the idea from, oh yeah the US...

Is this true? Which states?

When America is adopting it, that's scary. If it were an immediate situation, I can understand, not two hours after, and, the onus shouldn't be on the driver to prove anything, that's the Crowns job.

All of them. Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal. The Police can seize your property and you have to sue to get it back. You have to prove that you were not using it for criminal activity, or did not gain it through criminal means. When the Feds charge you with a crime, they like to seize your bank accounts and assets, thus making it impossible for you to mount a defense, since you are broke and homeless while they have nearly unlimited assets to prosecute you. Guilty, until proven innocent.

Example after example exists, if you are willing to see it. Canada has merely taken this trend and extended it to DUI’s.

Thing is.
So much enforcement during late night bar hours.
During rush hour, complete lack of enforcement while distracted phone obsessed commuters create carnage at reckless speed.
Frankly, I feel safer at 2am on the roads than during peak hours.
You know the drunks are at least attempting to look at the road.

A new law says that 2 hours AFTER you've been driving. Police can show up at your home, force you to do a breathalizer and charge you with drunk driving.

Had a long day at work in the Summer and headed home for a nice BBQ and a beer? You better hope you don't drink too much or you could be charged with drunk driving, AFTER you've gone home and are unwinding, even if you didn't have a drop of alcohol in your system when you were on the road.

I don't drink much at all, so this doesn't effect me. This, however, is the microcosm of more to come.

Police in Canada can now demand breath samples in bars, at home

It may sound unbelievable, but Canada’s revised laws on impaired driving could see police demand breath samples from people in bars, restaurants, or even at home. And if you say no, you could be arrested, face a criminal record, ordered to pay a fine, and subjected to a driving suspension.

You could be in violation of the impaired driving laws even two hours after you’ve been driving. Now, the onus is on drivers to prove they weren’t impaired when they were on the road.

This is a result of that outfit called MADD. They started all this MADDness. They have been allowed to push their hatred of people who drink to new levels now. MADD has been trying for decades to pretty much have everyone charged for drinking and driving even if they only had one beer. This is police state tactics now. This will be challenged when some judge or lawyer gets charged for D & D or some lucky guy gets a smart thinking judge who thinks that this law is nothing more than an ass and it is a law that is against citizen's rights and freedoms under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. This law has to be challenged otherwise no one is safe anywhere from some over zealous cop trying to push is weight and badge around. Imagine coming out of a restaurant and some silly ass cop decides to come up to someone and demands a sample of your breath? This is going too far in Canada. This law needs to be thrown out the door and into the garbage can.

It is good that such a law has been passed. The certain backlash will not only see such a Draconian action reversed, it will also serve as a wake up call to voters and law makers to be more reasonable.
Otherwise, the future is dim indeed.
What is happening in Canada?

Canada is fast going for a big shit with the help of our shitty politicians who are being allowed to shit all over Canadians whenever they feel like it and they are trying to make Canada one big shit hole. I have heard enough shit about this silly ass shitty law and now I think I will go and have one. LOL.

Forum List

Back