Police agencies are desperate to hire. But they say few want the job.

Do your job, and you have a good chance of going to prison.

There are easier ways to make a living.
Exactly. And now they make them wear body cameras. There's no reason to make them wear cameras. In fact, they can do their job much better without cameras. Sometimes the inner city thugs need a beating in order to get a message across.

I can understand why.

When I got out of the army I was on my way to join the sherifs department. But a series of events led me down a different path and looking back I'm grateful my path changed. I can't recommend anyone join the military or the police in today's world.

The only way I'd be a police officer now is if I could be one in a small town, away from big cities, in a republican state, and with a primarily white or Asian population.

I can understand why.

When I got out of the army I was on my way to join the sherifs department. But a series of events led me down a different path and looking back I'm grateful my path changed. I can't recommend anyone join the military or the police in today's world.

The only way I'd be a police officer now is if I could be one in a small town, away from big cities, in a republican state, and with a primarily white or Asian population.

Then you wouldn't be worthy of such a position.

Forum List

Back