Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Injured Anyway

Have you ever noticed how in the armed fantasy land, surprise never works. No employee carrying a gun would be shocked if someone came in that they had no reason to fear and started shooting people.

Surprise works for every other violent situation I know of. Ambushes are all about surprise.

But not in fantasy gun land. When that shooter walks in and pulls his gun, no one would freeze, no fear for YOUR life would kick in, no surprise at all. They would all immediately pull their weapons and with laser accuracy and large caliber weapons.............. start shooting at each other.

Yep. These people have watched too many westerns and action films.

Automobiles are not designed to kill.

That does not change the fact that the connection between guns and gun violence is the same as the connection between automobiles and drunk driving deaths.

But you have argued against guns on several threads. What is your answer to the problem? What do you want (regardless of whether it is politically feasible) to happen to change things?

WTF are you talking about? I bought my guns with the INTENT to be able commits a violent act (shooting someone or something.) That was the intention and purpose of me buying guns.

Did you buy your car or truck with the INTENT of killing someone while you were driving drunk? Hell no.

But you did buy your guns for the same reason I bought mine. And that makes it much different than cars or trucks. Or any other inanimate objects you gun nuts like to trot out to show how those items can kill, you know; hammers, shoes, screwdrivers, golf clubs etc etc.

None of those other items were made expressly to kill. Not one.

That still does not change the connection between guns & gun violence is the same as the connection between cars and drunk driving deaths. The drunk certainly went out drink and had the intent to drive home drunk.

I have probably bought, sold, and traded 100 guns in my life. Never once did I buy one with the intent of going out and killing someone. Never once have I been even remotely tempted to shoot an unarmed person.

That does not change the fact that the connection between guns and gun violence is the same as the connection between automobiles and drunk driving deaths.

But you have argued against guns on several threads. What is your answer to the problem? What do you want (regardless of whether it is politically feasible) to happen to change things?

WTF are you talking about? I bought my guns with the INTENT to be able commits a violent act (shooting someone or something.) That was the intention and purpose of me buying guns.

Did you buy your car or truck with the INTENT of killing someone while you were driving drunk? Hell no.

But you did buy your guns for the same reason I bought mine. And that makes it much different than cars or trucks. Or any other inanimate objects you gun nuts like to trot out to show how those items can kill, you know; hammers, shoes, screwdrivers, golf clubs etc etc.

That still does not change the connection between guns & gun violence is the same as the connection between cars and drunk driving deaths. The drunk certainly went out drink and had the intent to drive home drunk.

I have probably bought, sold, and traded 100 guns in my life. Never once did I buy one with the intent of going out and killing someone. Never once have I been even remotely tempted to shoot an unarmed person.

Oh bullshit. The point is ridiculous. Driving home drunk is not the equivalent of opening up a hail of bullets on hapless victims. The argument is patently absurd.

Now you just want to parse words. Because you never went out and bought a weapon specifically to kill someone does not mean that you don't own weapons for the intent of killing someone IF THE NEED AROSE.

That is the entire case that gun nuts make for everybody carrying a weapon. If the need arose to shoot someone, you would have your gun available to do that.

And what does the shooting an unarmed person have to do with anything in this discussion?

And tell yourself whatever but guns are for one true purpose only. Killing someone or something. Why in the hell would a self described gun nut be trying to hide behind words to disguise the purpose of the objects of his affection? Guns are for killing. Cars and other things are not made just for killing. Admit it and lets move on.

So much for Wayne Lapierre's theory about the good guys with guns. Ain't working in his idea of Utopia:

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun

A gunman opened fire Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Georgia. Six were shot, with their injuries ranging from minor to two in critical condition. Authorities report that the gunman is dead.
The Georgia facility is located in Kennesaw, near Atlanta, a quiet suburb unique in the U.S. for mandating every household own at least one gun. The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent. When the law was enacted in 1982, Kennesaw had only 5,000 residents. Today, it has a population of 30,000.""

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun | ThinkProgress

FedEx facilities are usually posted No Guns.
ThinkProgress fails again. And you along with it.

I'm tired today. So that......

Have you ever noticed how in the armed fantasy land, surprise never works. No employee carrying a gun would be shocked if someone came in that they had no reason to fear and started shooting people.

Surprise works for every other violent situation I know of. Ambushes are all about surprise.

But not in fantasy gun land. When that shooter walks in and pulls his gun, no one would freeze, no fear for YOUR life would kick in, no surprise at all. They would all immediately pull their weapons and with laser accuracy and large caliber weapons.............. start shooting at each other.

Jeez, you really are stretching the bounds of reality.

No one says that armed good guys would stop all murders. But what would very likely happen is that there would be fewer injured and fewer dead.

Do you think this would be news if one guy shot another guy, then got shot?

So what are you all saying? And what are you basing your idea that there would be less injured or killed. Are you just "guessing" because your "guess" supports your desire for everyone that wants to be armed to be armed.

This shooter killed himself, again. After shooting whoever he intended to shoot. You shoot a lot, how long you think it took for this entire scene to happen? 30 seconds? A minute?
What would you have done to change the outcome?
"

Plenty of "Good Guys with Guns" But 6 Dead Anyway

Where were there "Plenty of good guys with guns"?

Most FedEx facilities have signs saying "No guns allowed". Which means that law-abiding citizens won't be carrying, inside.

And lo and behold, some self-styed Rambo idiot took advantage of a place where he was sure no one would be able to shoot back, and started blowing people away.

Sounds like little noteapartypleez is doing his usual lying and dissembling.

So much for Wayne Lapierre's theory about the good guys with guns. Ain't working in his idea of Utopia:

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun

A gunman opened fire Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Georgia. Six were shot, with their injuries ranging from minor to two in critical condition. Authorities report that the gunman is dead.
The Georgia facility is located in Kennesaw, near Atlanta, a quiet suburb unique in the U.S. for mandating every household own at least one gun. The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent. When the law was enacted in 1982, Kennesaw had only 5,000 residents. Today, it has a population of 30,000.""

Shooter Injures Six In Georgia Town Where Everyone Is Required To Own A Gun | ThinkProgress

FedEx facilities are usually posted No Guns.
ThinkProgress fails again. And you along with it.

Many mass shooting sites had armed people there but we've seen unarmed people stopping shooters.

More guns are not the answer to any question.

Most FedEx facilities have signs saying "No guns allowed". Which means that law-abiding citizens won't be carrying, inside.

And lo and behold, some self-styed Rambo idiot took advantage of a place where he was sure no one would be able to shoot back, and started blowing people away.

Sounds like little nutball is attributing his own motives to the heads of those he doesn't know.

Jeez, you really are stretching the bounds of reality.

No one says that armed good guys would stop all murders. But what would very likely happen is that there would be fewer injured and fewer dead.

Do you think this would be news if one guy shot another guy, then got shot?

So you think in the dark movie theater if multiple people had started shooting there would be less dead? With lots of people running for the door in front of your line of fire? I think it unlikely.

^^ Post 147

^^ Post 151

The memory is the second thing to go....

This was also in the article.

The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent.

Also while it is not the case with ever business I have noticed the majority of the larger ones post they are gun free zones or that concealed handguns are prohibited.

The law is not enforced, so the Kennesaw gun ownership rate hovers around 50 percent, according to its police chief. That’s still higher than the average rate of gun ownership in the U.S., estimated to be about 34 percent.

Yet it's still on the books. And I'm still waiting for an artful poster to reconcile Kennesaw's law requiring citizens to buy something with the ACA ... requiring citizens to buy something.

Yet it's still on the books. And I'm still waiting for an artful poster to reconcile Kennesaw's law requiring citizens to buy something with the ACA ... requiring citizens to buy something.

So you're trying to pretend that cities and states must do the same thing the Fed govt does... even though the Constitution says otherwise?

Liberals can be so futile sometimes.

So a massacre happens at a business that doesn't allow firearms and this somehow proves that people having the ability to defend themselves doesn't stop massacres?

Sometimes I wonder why we bother trying to talk with people so clearly irrational.

I don't.

I ridicule them and move on.

So you're trying to pretend that cities and states must do the same thing the Fed govt does... even though the Constitution says otherwise?

Sometimes?

TeaTard is a blithering idiot all the time.

Ooops...

/thread

your little picture stories aren't smart enough to close any thread.

so let me guess... because welfare fraud occasionally occurs, there shouldn't be any welfare regulation?

that where you're going?

poor baby

How about we get rid of welfare and let parasites like you starve to death?

There would be a lot less of a demand for guns after that.

There are many laws on the books not all are enforced as far as this law and the ACA go are the people of Kennaesaw being fined, taxed or otherwise punished if they don't have at least one gun as people are under the ACA are if they don't buy health insurance? That would be your difference and I suspect if someone chooses to challenge the Kennaesaw law it would be struck down.

Should I answer this post, or wait four posts until you post the same thing again?

I said nothing about "cities", "states" or "Constitution". I posed a question on the reasoning. Nice try.

Forum List

Back