Pledge your loyalty to the US government on May 1st.

Anyone want to celebrate "loyalty day" on May first? It's the anti-labor version of the international Mayday celebration. Many authoritarian governments have instituted similar May first holidays in an attempt to supplant the populist message of the day. If you don't like OWS perhaps you can counter-demonstrate by reaffirming your loyalty to the United States government and the financial elite for which it stands.

Loyalty Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I've already sworn My loyalty and pledged My life to the Constitution. I'll never swear loyalty to a government.

"And to the republic for which it stands." How is "the republic" different from "the government"?

Anyone want to celebrate "loyalty day" on May first? It's the anti-labor version of the international Mayday celebration. Many authoritarian governments have instituted similar May first holidays in an attempt to supplant the populist message of the day. If you don't like OWS perhaps you can counter-demonstrate by reaffirming your loyalty to the United States government and the financial elite for which it stands.

I've already sworn My loyalty and pledged My life to the Constitution. I'll never swear loyalty to a government.

"And to the republic for which it stands." How is "the republic" different from "the government"?
Go back a READ the Federalists.

Buttrust.

Buttrust.

TL;DR maybe you can give us the cliff notes instead of just copping out like that. It should be simple for a super-duper patriot like yourself to explain it.

My question also; I do not read this as loyalty to an individual office holder, but as loyalty to our FORM of government.

My question also; I do not read this as loyalty to an individual office holder, but as loyalty to our FORM of government.

That's the right answer but to tell the truth the Pledge has always seemed like creepy government indoctrination, school kids say it by rote for years before they really know what the government is. There is no asterisk after that statement but all of us have a line where we would stop being loyal and resist the government. The words should be changed to "and the people for which it stands".

The republic? I didn't swear some childhood pledge of allegiance. I swore an oath when I entered the Military to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Against ALL enemy's, both foreign AND domestic.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Do you see a "to the republic' in there?

Last edited:

The republic? I didn't swear some childhood pledge of allegiance. I swore an oath when I entered the Military to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Against ALL enemy's, both foreign AND domestic.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

You didn't say the pledge when you were a kid or since? Does it not have any significance to you?

You didn't say the pledge when you were a kid or since? Does it not have any significance to you?
It did then. I've grown wiser and I have come to understand that the Constitution is where our loyalty and oaths must lay; for without it, the government is no better than King George with bigger, more modern weapons.

Our government is an evil that must be borne, but it neither deserves nor commands loyalty from us. It is a tool, to perform basic social services. Nothing more, nothing less.

Today's federal government is a grotesque, bloated leech that feeds on the host (citizens) to their detriment.

The T thinks Democrats shouldn't be allowed to make patriotic nationalist statements.

bullshit

Maybe, but the guy wraps himself in a dozen American flags and suddenly he considers himself an authority on what constitutes true patriotism while calling broad groups of American people commie traitors.

Buttrust.

TL;DR maybe you can give us the cliff notes instead of just copping out like that. It should be simple for a super-duper patriot like yourself to explain it.

I have my copy of the federalist papers handy, but scanning each page would destroy the book, it is getting worn. :eusa_angel:

Buttrust.

I have my copy of the federalist papers handy, but scanning each page would destroy the book, it is getting worn. :eusa_angel:

I'm sure it's online somewhere but it doesn't matter, it clear that hardly anyone takes the pledge seriously or considers it binding.

Last edited:

I'm sure it's online somewhere but it doesn't matter, it clear that hardly anyone takes it seriously or considers it binding.

It ISN'T "binding", but many Americans take the Federalist Papers SERIOUSLY! (Ok, my primary field of concentration was US history.)

I'm sure it's online somewhere but it doesn't matter, it clear that hardly anyone takes it seriously or considers it binding.

It ISN'T "binding", but many Americans take the Federalist Papers SERIOUSLY! (Ok, my primary field of concentration was US history.)

I edited my post for clarity above, I meant the Pledge of Allegiance.

I edited my post for clarity above, I meant the Pledge of Allegiance.

It should be taken seriously, and I have read of only ONE poster here that is alleged to have left the US; many, many more want IN, than want OUT. We have something going for us, that is certain.

American communists versus soviet communists. Big whoop. Commie's commie and not an American value but rather a chronic political disease.

Thankfully modern medicine may have found a cure.

Most of the time commies are not commies when the accusations come from people such as yourself.

The empirical evidence doesn't support your claim.

Conservatives, republicans, birchers, white supremacists, inbred hillbillies, ignorant rednecks, what's the difference? I don't have to think so hard to make distinctions if I just lump you all together and hate you equally.
And in the process proving my point that you are not a "political atheist" let alone have any concept of impartiality. I also didn't realize that racism and inbreeding were political schools of thought. Good to know.

:clap: Have a case of the clap.
This board really needs a sarcasm smilie.
So you're claiming to be a patch of astroturf for.... what? Your own personal entertainment? Is this how we're going to try and slide out of that corner you've put yourself in?

Forum List

Back