CDZ Please explain to me, The term "undocumented" is this a PC term for "illegal immigrant"?

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico. I don't know if this is a PC term for illegal immigrants, a term to describe a specific situation for someone who had a VISA and it expired, or, one of the "dreamers" who was born in America because their parents were illegal, yadda yadda.

Can someone explain this term to me please? If it is just a politically correct term for "illegal immigrant", it needs to be wiped from the lexicon, it's an insult to the terminology.

I await any information that you guys could provide.
This is a politically correct term designed specifically to reduce the percieved threat that the word 'illegal' genders in people.

When people hear "illegal", they associate the term with criminal and therefore have less sympathy for the plight of the criminal.

Undocumented genders feelings of bureaucratic mistakes that happen (after all, we've all suffered from a government mistake, haven't we?) to a perfectly innocent person and we should be more forgiving by allowing them to stay and vote for democrats.

Being mean to a person who just happens to suffer from a government snafu is heartless. A ploy for an emotional response of sympathy.

Politically correct? Get out of here with that garbage! :p

Prove that our school system is bankrupt?
Or that we spend nearly $12,000 per student?
It's more like $16K but whatever.

In 2001, CPS spent close to $12,000 per student; in 2015, $16,432. Yet revenue has not kept pace: CPS per-pupil revenue has not matched per-pupil spending, with revenue falling short, on average, by $1,000 per pupil since 2001. More recently, the revenue gap has widened to nearly $3,000 per year.

Crain's Chicago Business

You're right! I was using older, statewide numbers. Thanks for the correction!
So they spend as much as for any other student

They have to spend more, since english is not their primary language, to make space for, and feed. All for a population that's not paying back into the system.
Exactly

If they were on temporary work visas they would be paying taxes

Zero critical thinking was applied in that post

If they came here legally they wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Again example of the left creating a problem, then offering the solution to the very same problem they created.

In 2001, CPS spent close to $12,000 per student; in 2015, $16,432. Yet revenue has not kept pace: CPS per-pupil revenue has not matched per-pupil spending, with revenue falling short, on average, by $1,000 per pupil since 2001. More recently, the revenue gap has widened to nearly $3,000 per year.

Crain's Chicago Business

They have to spend more, since english is not their primary language, to make space for, and feed. All for a population that's not paying back into the system.
Exactly

If they came here legally they wouldn't be a problem in the first place. Again example of the left creating a problem, then offering the solution to the very same problem they created.

The solution is offering them temporary work visas
Then you wouldn't moan about the cost of educating their kids

Crain's Chicago Business

Exactly

I understand that, why are you repeating yourself? Repetition doesn't make your point any more valid, especially when you fail to address the counter point. The problem is they being here illegally in the first place. We all know what happened with amnesty during the Reagan era, just encouraged even more illegal immigration. So are we to continually hand out work visa to anyone who ignores our laws? Laws set up for good reason, so we know who it is we are letting in, weather or not they're bringing in disease, weather or not they're a threat to security.

Not to mention you're naive to believe that they are just lining up eagerly to pay taxes. They have quite the nice set up now not having to pay them. I don't blame them, why would any elect to pay taxes, especially when their wages are that low.

Yes, after we deport the millions of current illegals, we should use temporary worker visas if we need farm workers, for example.

Come here for a few months, make your money, travel back home.

That's the way it was before we closed the border. Mexicans used to come for work and then return home offseason

Once we closed the border it was easier to stay

If we had closed the border, we wouldn't have more than 10 million illegal aliens.
If we allowed them to go home, we wouldn't have ten million here

What do you feel is stopping them from going home now?

Too difficult and expensive to go back and forth
If they had temporary work visas they would not be afraid to go home

Too difficult and expensive to go back and forth

You said we didn't allow it.

If they had temporary work visas they would not be afraid to go home

I agree, once we remove the ones here illegally, we should make it easier for temporary
workers to come and go.

Exactly

I understand that, why are you repeating yourself? Repetition doesn't make your point any more valid, especially when you fail to address the counter point. The problem is they being here illegally in the first place. We all know what happened with amnesty during the Reagan era, just encouraged even more illegal immigration. So are we to continually hand out work visa to anyone who ignores our laws? Laws set up for good reason, so we know who it is we are letting in, weather or not they're bringing in disease, weather or not they're a threat to security.

Not to mention you're naive to believe that they are just lining up eagerly to pay taxes. They have quite the nice set up now not having to pay them. I don't blame them, why would any elect to pay taxes, especially when their wages are that low.
So what?
They are here, they are working......might as well have them pay taxes

They don't pay taxes now, but have to look over their shoulder
You ain't paying taxes, you ain't working
Contingency on work visa

Here in Chicago, we pay nearly $12,000 per year for every illegal alien student in our bankrupt school system.
Prove it.

Crain's Chicago Business

Yes, they spend money they can't afford that isn't covered by taxes paid by the illegal alien parents.
Also, ESL and other classes mean they end up costing more than the average student.

Crain's Chicago Business

Exactly

And they'd receive fewer government benefits, like schooling for children who'd remain in the home country.

Crain's Chicago Business

Exactly

Correct. Workers coming here for a few months wouldn't be allowed to bring children.

You will hear a lot of BS from the Right on this, but "Undocumented" simply means someone who can not produce proof that he is in this country legally, BUT, has not yet been convicted of being an "illegal alien" in a court of law. In spite of the Right wanting to skip the person's right to a trial, a person is simply not an "illegal alien", until he has been convicted of that in court.

Only American citizens have a right to a trial. They are illegal aliens. Fact.

You will hear a lot of BS from the Right on this, but "Undocumented" simply means someone who can not produce proof that he is in this country legally, BUT, has not yet been convicted of being an "illegal alien" in a court of law. In spite of the Right wanting to skip the person's right to a trial, a person is simply not an "illegal alien", until he has been convicted of that in court.

Only American citizens have a right to a trial. They are illegal aliens. Fact.
Idiot

Exactly

So what?

Contingency on work visa

Again completely ignoring they shouldn't be here in the first place, and make up the largest group receiving welfare benefits. They came here illegally...that's problem #1, them not paying taxes is problem #2. Excusing problem #1 makes problem #1 worse, which in turn make #2 worse. How is what you suggest a solution??

I keep hearing this being used to describe illegals from Mexico. I don't know if this is a PC term for illegal immigrants, a term to describe a specific situation for someone who had a VISA and it expired, or, one of the "dreamers" who was born in America because their parents were illegal, yadda yadda.

Can someone explain this term to me please? If it is just a politically correct term for "illegal immigrant", it needs to be wiped from the lexicon, it's an insult to the terminology.

I await any information that you guys could provide.
Jeeze shockedcanadian here I was going to ignore this thread however you are one of my favorite posters.

Can you please keep the spam to a minimum then.

I get that you could not resist this time.

Why do you care about the wetbacks up there in O Canada anyway ???

They are not running dope into your country like down here in ours.

Crain's Chicago Business

That's the average cost per student. It doesn't say anything about children of un-documented immigrants. For all we know, they could be paying their way and its the American kids' parents who are dropping the ball?

Crain's Chicago Business

Exactly

the solution is deporting them; they serve no purpose other than making their employers richer and American labor poorer. that has always been the case. There is no entitlement to unlimited supplies of cheap labor for businesses.

Exactly

So what?

Contingency on work visa

Again completely ignoring they shouldn't be here in the first place, and make up the largest group receiving welfare benefits. They came here illegally...that's problem #1, them not paying taxes is problem #2. Excusing problem #1 makes problem #1 worse, which in turn make #2 worse. How is what you suggest a solution??
The only thing illegal is lack of paperwork

That can be resolved with a stroke of a pen

Exactly

the solution is deporting them; they serve no purpose other than making their employers richer and American labor poorer. that has always been the case. There is no entitlement to unlimited supplies of cheap labor for businesses.
They pick our crops.....something Americans won't do

Forum List

Back