Zone1 Please define trolling....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately trolling has become very common on most message boards because of lenient moderators. The tough moderators are able to ban those people.

A post of mine was removed for "trolling" and I was also excluded from the thread.

IMO my post was satirical...but on 100% on topic.

Just so I and others don't fall afoul of this rule again...please define trolling as it applies to USMB.
Are you not capable of looking it up yourself? :badgrin:

Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others. In short: Trolling is when someone deliberately tries to upset others online. Trolling can lead to a pile on, when others join in the attack. Don't feed the trolls – responding is likely to make things worse.

Trolling is when someone post or comments online to deliberately upset others. In short: Trolling is when someone deliberately tries to upset others online. Trolling can lead to a pile on, when others join in the attack. Don't feed the trolls – responding is likely to make things worse.
Do you understand how subjective that definition is?

Unfortunately trolling has become very common on most message boards because of lenient moderators. The tough moderators are able to ban those people.
Doubly so when the Mods work directly with the trolls due to shared partisan politics.

Doubly so when the Mods work directly with the trolls due to shared partisan politics.
Any mod that favors somebody because of partisan politics should withdraw as a moderator. Their job is to be even handed with all members regardless of their political views.

Any mod that favors somebody because of partisan politics should withdraw as a moderator. Their job is to be even handed with all members regardless of their political views.
Yes, I certainly agree, but the most corrupt are the ones who cling to their power.

I have yet to encounter a mod who understands what the word trolling means. Heck, one of them indulged in a doozie of a troll post quite recently.

Trolling in internet parlance is taken after the fishing term. To troll in fishing is to cast out a wide net in hopes of scooping up whatever they can catch. In a similar vein, trolling involves crafting a post in such a way that people are offended into responding. They are usually hyperbolic, overly simplistic, Manichaean in nature and preemptively disdainful. There is a Welsh poster here who indulges in nothing BUT trolling posts as his o.p.s are filled with such derision and scorn that they guarantee that will elicit a response to the stupidity.
I always thought trolling was where you drop your line from a boat and slowly drive the boat forward.

5q0qd2.jpg

Apparently this meme triggers Progs and one mod who is on a Jihad to remove it

"Deliberately upset".

Mocking a groups hypocrisy is likely to upset them.

That doesn't make the thrust of the post any less valid.

• Thanks
Reactions: iku

I know of a board where you can get booted for calling someone a troll, although the place is so full of trolls it smells bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back