Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

U.S. Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) introduced the “Presidential Ballot Integrity Act,” aiming to bar electors from states that remove a major party’s candidate from the presidential ballot.

This bill would amend the Electoral Count Act of 1887, stating that the vote of an elector from a state shall not be counted if the state did not include the major party’s nominee for president on the ballot.

I still think more should be done to go after activist judges trying to manipulate and election.

Not good enough.

Try again.

This will for sure get passed in the House and Singed by the POTUS :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Also, the House is not even in session, has not been for weeks.

How did he introduce a bill when the House is not in session?

Sure, that'll pass no problem. :) Absolutely every chance in the world this will make it to Biden's desk.
Gawd, after almost 10 years, I gotta keep asking. What is it about this man that inflames so much passion, devotion, and loyalty when he's deserved none of it?
What is it that you people see in this man? What do you think he's going to deliver to you?

A mystery wrapped inside of a giant, steaming turd. :auiqs.jpg:

U.S. Rep. Clay Higgins (R-LA) introduced the “Presidential Ballot Integrity Act,” aiming to bar electors from states that remove a major party’s candidate from the presidential ballot.

This bill would amend the Electoral Count Act of 1887, stating that the vote of an elector from a state shall not be counted if the state did not include the major party’s nominee for president on the ballot.

I still think more should be done to go after activist judges trying to manipulate and election.

Not good enough.

Try again.
why are "major parties" singled out? who determines "major?" don't the greens and libertarians deserve a shot?

higgins may be looking forward to a one "major" party like in our own state. (though we do have a lower ballot access requirement than most. the reformistas still have ballot access and perot was what 30 years ago, )

Sure, that'll pass no problem. :) Absolutely every chance in the world this will make it to Biden's desk.
Gawd, after almost 10 years, I gotta keep asking. What is it about this man that inflames so much passion, devotion, and loyalty when he's deserved none of it?
What is it that you people see in this man? What do you think he's going to deliver to you?

i share your wonder that these people can dress themselves each morning, or how they ever get past the "robot test" to sign in.

if their lives are so empty that "burn it all down" is an attractive future for their children! i pity them, but such losers need reeducation madly.

what is it about trump that brings out all of the insecurities of your mundane 40 hr existence you loath

christ improve your own god damned worthless lives you time card punching nobodies....who would believe you if you have to live by an alarm clock

you poor suffering bastards

This is a good question. Nobody whines when a 3rd party is left off the ballot.

jill stein, and a few years earlier, nader were arrested as trespassers in the audience at the debates. now these guys want to talk as if candidates can shoot people on 5th ave with immunity?

That's because as of now, a third party candidate is irrelevant. Will that change in our lifetimes? Probably not.
Is it fair? No. But it's reality. Until the current crop of baby boomers and first run Gen-X'ers wind their way out of politics and die off, things won't change.
We get the leaders we are dumb enough to keep electing. ^Shrug^.

That's because as of now, a third party candidate is irrelevant. Will that change in our lifetimes? Probably not.
Is it fair? No. But it's reality. Until the current crop of baby boomers and first run Gen-X'ers wind their way out of politics and die off, things won't change.
i have dabbled in 3rd party politics, i even managed an indy congress campaign. as attractive as 3rd party ideas can be, change is only possible within the democratic party, where change will be resisted

They are irrelevant because the "major parties" make the rules to keep them that way.

Because a third party was not invited to the party.

You have the DNC run things and the GOP to take a knee to the DNC as they blame everything on them.

It's the best government money can buy.

This will for sure get passed in the House and Singed by the POTUS :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
I agree. There is no shot at democrats passing a bill to protect elections. The real solution will be to charge these people with insurrection when Trump is back in the White House. We can probably use some novel legal theories to get additional charges as well. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, then again, maybe Trump will be cool and forgive you guys for all youve done to him. Maybe he wont weaponize the DOJ. I wouldnt hold my breathe though. :dunno:

Not good enough.

Try again.

The DNC is on record that even something as elementary as an accurate voter database is an "existential threat"

They MUST cheat to win

I think Biden reminds him of their senile grandpa and he isn’t Trump, I don’t know if he deserves devotion and loyalty.

Forum List

Back