Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Planned Parenthood isn't in the business of making and testing condoms.

I think the Vatican was though at one point. :lol:
I recall some scandal in the 80's with the Vatican Bank and investments.

No matter what side you take on the abortion issue, this is just WRONG in so many ways.

How could she not report a 13 year old girl being pregnant by a 31 year old man? I know it was a set up, but what if it hadn't been?

If that would have been my 13 year old daughter I had BETTER be informed, as should the law! That is child molestation!

I know as an educator if I didn't report something like that I could be liable by law. What happened to the nurse?

Educators are mandatory reporters.

Doesn't matter. If they put their name on the condoms, they are just as liable.

They may or may not be liable for failed condoms depending on the rest of the details. I haven't seen the study. Was it four out of five Mormons agree or anything like that??? :lol:

I think you're missing the point. A company that is in the abortion business sold condoms which had a poor rating. That's unethical.

I don't think they sell them. I'm pretty sure they just give them away. And I'm also pretty sure they're a non-profit org so they would be relying on donations and grants and things. I think just the point that condoms are available from them shows they aren't all about abortions.

I don't think they sell them. I'm pretty sure they just give them away. And I'm also pretty sure they're a non-profit org so they would be relying on donations and grants and things. I think just the point that condoms are available from them shows they aren't all about abortions.

Doesn't matter if they paid them to take them. They put people at risk when they think they are safe.

Wait until you have a 13 year old daughter, you'll think different.

Maybe. It wasn't that long ago that I was 13, I remember it pretty well. I know a lot of girls don't have a good relationship with their parents. I mentioned it before in another thread (I think... :confused:) about a friend I had that got pregnant when se was 15 and she lost the baby because of the beating she got when she told her parents. That kind of thing sends a scary message. You don't think the PP workers hear all kinds of crazy things? Could you knowingly set a girl up like that by getting the police involved? You know she's going to face consequences at home if you do it and she's already feeling alone and scared.

Planned Parenthood is in the abortion business. They will do whatever they need to do to grow their business, including selling sub-standard condoms that are prone to break. This story is not surprising. It's funny how the same people who complain about big oil support Planned Parenthood.

Planned Parenthood is in the business of women's reproductive health care--which includes contraception as well as STD and pregancy testing and counseling.

If this OP story is true, the woman should be fired. I would be interested in interviewing the woman for her rationale to not report to CPS. That was a bad call on her part. It's possible she smelled something fishy about it and misread the signals.

Why are anti-abortionists exploiting 13 year old girls to get the goods on Planned Parenthood? What fanatic parent put her kid up to that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I could watch the video now (can't watch youtube at work) so I checked it out. I feel even more strongly now that the nurse was trying to do what she could to help the girl. It's also hard to completely believe something that has been edited as much as that clip had. Obviously, they think the nurse did a terrible thing and they are trying to present it that way. Anyone that's ever seen a Michael Moore movie knows how that works.

I just realized I could watch the video now (can't watch youtube at work) so I checked it out. I feel even more strongly now that the nurse was trying to do what she could to help the girl. It's also hard to completely believe something that has been edited as much as that clip had. Obviously, they think the nurse did a terrible thing and they are trying to present it that way. Anyone that's ever seen a Michael Moore movie knows how that works.

Sometimes, the 31 year old in a 13 year olds life that got her pregant is her father or step-father.

How old was the parent who put the 13 year old in this position to make this film?

Who made the film?

Planned Parenthood in my county are highly trained professionals. They offer an excellent healthcare service for lost cost.

And you think they did it on purpose so they could do more abortions? :confused:

I don't know... If it's found to be that, close them all down. If they are still giving them out, now that this is known, would be more telling of intent.

Oh look what I found...

Planned Parenthood - Ask Dr. Cullins: Birth Control

Looks like they are and care more about thickness, texture, etc etc than if it holds things in it.

Sometimes, the 31 year old in a 13 year olds life that got her pregant is her father or step-father.

How old was the parent who put the 13 year old in this position to make this film?

Who made the film?

Planned Parenthood in my county are highly trained professionals. They offer an excellent healthcare service for lost cost.

I think that's a good point, we aren't ever told who the guy is. Going to the police doesn't always solve everything. It's a really nice thought, but I know better. In the right town some people can't get in trouble with the law. Getting the law involved would only make what she faced much, much worse.

IIRC the "girl" wasn't 13, she was a woman.

Who made the film? Obviously people that are so much against abortion that they don't care if they hurt other people in the process.

And you think they did it on purpose so they could do more abortions? :confused:

From the article in the link posted above:

January 5, 2005
The not-for-profit group Consumers Union on Tuesday released a report published in the February issue of its Consumer Reports magazine on 17 contraceptive methods, including top U.S. brands of condoms that underwent "vigorous testing," Reuters reports. The group used "standardized tests" -- including filling condoms with air -- to rate the products it examined, according to Reuters. Durex Extra Sensitive Lubricated Latex scored the highest marks on strength and reliability, followed by Durex Performax Lubricated, Lifestyles Classic Collection Ultra Sensitive Lubricated and TheyFit Lubricated (Fox, Reuters, 1/4). Planned Parenthood Federation of America's Honeydew and Assorted Colors condoms scored the worst of the 23 condoms tested. The Honeydew condom, which scored "poor" ratings in strength and reliability, has since been redesigned, according to Long Island Newsday. The Assorted Colors condoms received "poor" marks for strength but "excellent" marks for reliability, according to Newsday.

Planned Parenthood has resubmitted the Honeydew and Assorted Colors condoms -- as well as its Lollipop condom, which was ranked 14th -- for independent testing, and the condoms received "excellent results," according to Karen Pearl, president and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Nassau County in New York. Pearl "criticized" Consumers Union for performing only air-inflation tests, which she said favors thinner condoms, according to Newsday. However, Geoffry Martin, the magazine's director of consumer sciences, said that other tests, such as measuring water leakage, are not as useful, adding, "We have found that the air-bursting, air-pressure test is the one that will distinguish the truly strong from those that are less strong" (Phan, Long Island Newsday, 1/5).

Comparing Contraception
Consumer Reports also included a "Guide to Contraceptives," which discusses and charts 16 other contraceptive choices, including birth control pills, intrauterine devices and vasectomy (Consumer Reports, February 2005). The report says that IUDs, oral contraceptives and emergency contraception have become "safer than in previous years," according to Reuters. However, Consumers Union said in a statement that "[c]ondoms remain the only family planning and pregnancy prevention method that can help prevent sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV, which causes AIDS" (Reuters, 1/4).

Back to other news for January 5, 2005 :eusa_whistle:

PP helped me get my first birth control. They were great and affordable too since I had no insurance.

Actually yes... When I was in college (16-19yrs old). I found they where cold and impersonal. They just shuffled me through. I was no more than a check to them as far as I could tell.

I had a completely different experience from you. I was in college too and had previously had a disasterous experience at a gynecologists. These women were warm, comforting, and knowledeable. Of course, I was a late bloomer. I wasn't seeking birth control until I was 21.

I found Planned Parenthood a wonderful resource for health care as a young woman, and I find them the same way as a now middle aged woman.

Forum List

Back