Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

No, it doesn't. This is exactly how police agencies investigate sales to underaged minors. They have individuals POSE as an underaged minor with either fraudulent or no identification, and determine whether the bar serves them or not. If the bartender serves the person who is acting in an underaged role, he/she can be fined in the thousands of dollars.

In this instance, the reporter, who probably looked quite young, gave a false age and story to determine how the planned parenthood staff handled her. This is an entirely valid way to test their compliance with the mandatory report laws, and their professionalism.

For the record: EPIC FAIL.

do they also edit the video when they go into court to present their findings? We have no idea what was edited out or spliced together to make it appear different than reality.

I'm not saying the premise of going undercover is bad. I'm saying present the unedited version of the video and allow people to judge for themselves.

I'm not saying the premise of going undercover is bad. I'm saying present the unedited version of the video and allow people to judge for themselves.

Yes. The editting is obviously done to make a certain "truth" appear to be evident.

What you say sounds good and a lot of people believe it but I have a different view and maybe you'll see some truth in it. Since you're new you don't know me so let me tell you I'm 18 and come from a Baptist family. I grew up in Kansas which is probably as conservative as any place.

I had a strong parental influence. I went to church and did many family-based activities. I have never set a foot in daycare, my mother stayed home with us kids. We didn't have a lot of stuff. My dad still drives an old truck, my mom has a newer car but it's not flashy, she only has it because the old one finally died and couldn't be revived.

I think a lot of the problem is that by 13-14 your body is completely functional and you can't wait to use it. It doesn't matter that you're told not to. I had most of my early sexual experiences at church functions. I don't know what the solution is but I can tell you that warning kids of the consequences won't do anything. The only kids it's going to stop weren't going to do anything anyway.

you are very bright and articulate for an 18 year old. and it's very true, the only kids who are stopped by warnings are the ones who wouldn't have done it anyway. You generally can't scare kids out of making their own mistakes. It's how they learn and grow and find things out for themselves.

I do find it amusing that most of your sexual experiences happened at church functions....makes me glad my daughter doesn't like church :tongue:

you are very bright and articulate for an 18 year old. and it's very true, the only kids who are stopped by warnings are the ones who wouldn't have done it anyway. You generally can't scare kids out of making their own mistakes. It's how they learn and grow and find things out for themselves.

I do find it amusing that most of your sexual experiences happened at church functions....makes me glad my daughter doesn't like church :tongue:

I think I come off better online. In person I can never put together 3 words of my own without sounding stupid. I'm lucky that even though my job is talking on the phone most of what I have to say is scripted and I've said it so many times I have it all memorized.

But yeah, church was where I was at a lot so that's where most things happened. I never did anything in the main church, it wasn't sacrilegious or anything, but there was other places like the fellowship hall or empty sunday school rooms. All you had to do was leave the lights off and no one would come looking to see what was going on... usually. :tongue:

But even when we were caught nothing really changed except where we'd go.

Sequelae of Abortion

REQUIREMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TREATMENT:
In a study of post-abortion patients only 8 weeks after their abortion, researchers found that 44% complained of nervous disorders, 36% had experienced sleep disturbances, 31% had regrets about their decision, and 11% had been prescribed psychotropic medicine by their family doctor. (2) A 5 year retrospective study in two Canadian provinces found significantly greater use of medical and psychiatric services among aborted women. Most significant was the finding that 25% of aborted women made visits to psychiatrists as compared to 3% of the control group. (3) Women who have had abortions are significantly more likely than others to subsequently require admission to a psychiatric hospital. At especially high risk are teenagers, separated or divorced women, and women with a history of more than one abortion. (4)

Since many post-aborted women use repression as a coping mechanism, there may be a long period of denial before a woman seeks psychiatric care. These repressed feelings may cause psychosomatic illnesses and psychiatric or behavioral in other areas of her life. As a result, some counselors report that unacknowledged post-abortion distress is the causative factor in many of their female patients, even though their patients have come to them seeking therapy for seemingly unrelated problems. (5)

POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER (PTSD or PAS): A major random study found that a minimum of 19% of post- abortion women suffer from diagnosable post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Approximately half had many, but not all, symptoms of PTSD, and 20 to 40 percent showed moderate to high levels of stress and avoidance behavior relative to their abortion experiences. (6) Because this is a major disorder which may be present in many plaintiffs, and is not readily understood outside the counseling profession, the following summary is more complete than other entries in this section. PTSD is a psychological dysfunction which results from a traumatic experience which overwhelms a person's normal defense mechanisms resulting in intense fear, feelings of helplessness or being trapped, or loss of control. The risk that an experience will be traumatic is increased when the traumatizing event is perceived as including threats of physical injury, sexual violation, or the witnessing of or participation in a violent death. PTSD results when the traumatic event causes the hyperarousal of "flight or fight" defense mechanisms. This hyperarousal causes these defense mechanisms to become disorganized, disconnected from present circumstances, and take on a life of their own resulting in abnormal behavior and major personality disorders. As an example of this disconnection of mental functions, some PTSD victim may experience intense emotion but without clear memory of the event; others may remember every detail but without emotion; still others may reexperience both the event and the emotions in intrusive and overwhelming flashback experiences. (7)

Women may experience abortion as a traumatic event for several reasons. Many are forced into an unwanted abortions by husbands, boyfriends, parents, or others. If the woman has repeatedly been a victim of domineering abuse, such an unwanted abortion may be perceived as the ultimate violation in a life characterized by abuse. Other women, no matter how compelling the reasons they have for seeking an abortion, may still perceive the termination of their pregnancy as the violent killing of their own child. The fear, anxiety, pain, and guilt associated with the procedure are mixed into this perception of grotesque and violent death. Still other women, report that the pain of abortion, inflicted upon them by a masked stranger invading their body, feels identical to rape. (8) Indeed, researchers have found that women with a history of sexual assault may experience greater distress during and after an abortion exactly because of these associations between the two experiences. (9) When the stressor leading to PTSD is abortion, some clinicians refer to this as Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS).

A LIST OF MAJOR PSYCHOLOGICAL SEQUELAE OF ABORTION

This still proves nothing. PTSD can be gained from many things, homelessness causes PTSD, financial failings does as well, even work can. The connection is still unconfirmed because you would have to know all the details of their lives before. Also another thing that can cause it is anti-abortionists screaming and threatening you. Most military members have PTSD, even those related to them, especially at a time of war. It's not a viable basis of comparison. The other 'disorders' are common for anyone who receives any surgery, so again, not viable evidence.

[YOUTUBE]hLDGFzdPjBU[/YOUTUBE]

wow,, lying to cover up a felony???? say it ain't so Joe!

A college student posing as a pregnant 13-year old was told at a Planned Parenthood clinic to lie about the age of her baby's father to skirt Indiana laws on parental consent for abortion and on reporting child sex abuse.

According to a report in the Washington Times, Lila Rose, 20, went undercover as a 13-year old named "Brianna," who said she was pregnant by a 31-year old man. Rose, president of a pro-life organization at UCLA, recorded the interaction with a hidden camera; the video has been posted on YouTube.

Click here to see the video.

The video shows "Diana," a nurse at Planned Parenthood in Bloomington, Ind., telling Brianna that she is required to report the pregnancy to Child Protective Services, because it "could be reported as rape." But she goes on to tell Brianna that if she lies about the age and identity of her baby's father, she can avoid turning him in.

"I didn't hear the age. I don't want to know the age," Diana says in the video.

FOXNews.com - Planned Parenthood Tells 'Teen': Lie To Get an Abortion - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

What would have happened if Planned Parenthood hard reported this – and the girl was called to testify. “Um. It was only a test. I lied to Planned Parenthood.”

Wouldn't have happened, she would have walked out and not posted on you tube. Get real.

This still proves nothing. PTSD can be gained from many things, homelessness causes PTSD, financial failings does as well, even work can. The connection is still unconfirmed because you would have to know all the details of their lives before. Also another thing that can cause it is anti-abortionists screaming and threatening you. Most military members have PTSD, even those related to them, especially at a time of war. It's not a viable basis of comparison. The other 'disorders' are common for anyone who receives any surgery, so again, not viable evidence.

You read that whole thing? Good for you. I think eots must give himself PTSD just being eots.

mattskramer wrote:

I would be thrilled, because it would demonstrate that this Planned Parenthood was following the law.

Why is it that when someone does an expose of something that people don't support, are suspicious of already, etc - they are heroes speaking truth to power, shedding light on an important issue, etc. etc.

But when someone does an expose of something that people support - then they're just little liars deliberately setting out to make innocent people look bad?

If you do some research you will see that Planned Parenthoods all over the nation are frequently shown to be more than willing to help young women receive abortions under less than legal circumstances, more than willing to accept money from bigots for "abortions on black women," willing to lie or "not hear" about rapes, molestations, etc.

Now...I'm perfectly willing to give the nurse in this video, and the Planned Parenthood employees the "benefit of the doubt" and state that they genuinely believe that they are helping these girls...rather than simply profiting off of their abortions...but that doesn't change the fact that Planned Parenthood is earning a reputation for being more interested in helping women get abortions under any circumstance, then it is about following the laws of the states they are in.

I support a woman's right to get an abortion...but I also support laws that are their to protect children from rape and abuse...both need to be recognized and supported.

I'm pro-life, with the exceptions of 'rape, incest, and life of the mother', (notice not 'health of the mother?') With that said, I agree with all of above that meshes with my pov. As Gem said earlier, the nurse, doctors, counselors, teachers, police, are all MANDATED reporters of child abuse.

I'm pro-life, with the exceptions of 'rape, incest, and life of the mother', (notice not 'health of the mother?') With that said, I agree with all of above that meshes with my pov. As Gem said earlier, the nurse, doctors, counselors, teachers, police, are all MANDATED reporters of child abuse.
So you are okay with killing innocents because they didn't choose their father? IMO, there is no position more hypocritical than yours.

Nice judgement call as well. The tape is heavily edited, but amazing that you can see the truth. Not.

"Planned Parenthood Tells 'Teen': Lie To Get an Abortion"

Sounds like business as usual.

Ravi Wrote:
So you are okay with killing innocents because they didn't choose their father? IMO, there is no position more hypocritical than yours.

Since my feelings on abortion seem to be similar to Annies, I wanted to address this idea. I would like to see abortion made illegal in all but cases of rape, incest, life of mother (not "health" of mother), and during the 1st trimester.

This would only be hypocritical if I was somehow implying that I thought that it was "not killing a human" under these circumstances, but was under any other circumstance. That isn't the case...I believe that life begins at conception and that an abortion stops human life in its earliest stages...I believe that if a woman who is pregnant due to a rape gets an abortion - she is killing a human in its earliest stages.

Therefore, there is nothing hypocritical about the opinion, I believe that all abortion is ending a human life - but that in some cases, the mother should have the right to make that decision...not hypocritical, just a difficult decision and an opinion you might not like very much.

I think that we make judgment calls in our society everyday where we say that some horrible things are not as horrible under some circumstances as they are under others. If you hit and kill a child in your car because you were fiddling with the radio we all understand that that is a VERY different scenario then you hitting and killing a child because that child darted out in front of your car and you could do nothing to stop from hitting him. If you shoot an intruder who is threatening your family we all understand that you are a hero...if you shot a man who walks through your backyard without permission at noon we all understand that you're a triggerhappy nutcase. :)

Now - you may not feel that a woman who has been violated in one of the most intimate and unimaginably horrible ways possible deserves to make the decision as to whether or not she goes through with an amazingly intense and intimate process of a pregnancy...but I, and many other people do.

If she chooses not to...I believe that she is killing a human in its earliest stages. I wish she would not make that choice. And, because I support EDUCATED choices, I would like her to receive counseling about the number of women who have chosen to carry the babies conceived from rape to term and the healing they found through that process, just like I would like them to receive information about their choice if they choose to abort. But...I think she should have the choice. Again...its not hypocritical to want a woman to have that choice...its just a difficult choice that I feel women should have the right to make.

Nice judgement call as well. The tape is heavily edited, but amazing that you can see the truth. Not.

Again, since Annie was agreeing with me...I wanted to repeat what I stated earlier...that even if this video was a phony - which we have yet to have any proof that it is - Planned Parenthoods have been found guilty of doing this in numerous other locations...and, in my opinion, it is often an example of a kind-hearted nurse, doctor or other employee who genuinely thinks that they are helping the girl "more" by ignoring the law. My problem with this is, of course - what is the point of these laws that are supposed to protect young women - if the medical providers who are supposed to be the responsible parties aren't following them?

Forum List

Back