Planned Parenthood Exposed - New Undercover Video

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Angel Heart, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    [youtube]yr-cJZrBlzE[/youtube]

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,884
    Was she really pregnant? Because if she wasn't, this story smells.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    No matter what side you take on the abortion issue, this is just WRONG in so many ways.

How could she not report a 13 year old girl being pregnant by a 31 year old man? I know it was a set up, but what if it hadn't been?

If that would have been my 13 year old daughter I had BETTER be informed, as should the law! That is child molestation!

I know as an educator if I didn't report something like that I could be liable by law. What happened to the nurse?

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,884
    If true, sure it is wrong. Unless the "girl" pretended her parents would force her to give birth. But I find it odd that the PP nurse would even say anything before finding out if she was actually pregnant.

5. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Planned Parenthood is in the abortion business. They will do whatever they need to do to grow their business, including selling sub-standard condoms that are prone to break. This story is not surprising. It's funny how the same people who complain about big oil support Planned Parenthood.

6. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    What would have happened if Planned Parenthood hard reported this – and the girl was called to testify. “Um. It was only a test. I lied to Planned Parenthood.”

7. Amanda

Amanda Calm as a Hindu cow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,006
    I don't blame the nurse for following her conscience. If she truly thought what she was doing was right and intended no harm how can there be wrongdoing? I wouldn't hesitate to break a law if I thought it served a higher purpose.

And FWIW, I don't think of PP as being in the abortion business. I've visited a PP office and they were very heavy on giving info and trying to prevent pregnancy in the first place. Maybe if you show up after the fact and you're pregnant they take a different tact, but pushing abortion didn't seem like their thing to me.

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    Did they give or sell you any PP condoms that Consumer Reports rated 'Worst in Performance'?

9. random3434

random3434 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Honey, a 13 year old girl and a 31 year old man is no harm done?

Again, I would have to borrow Gunny's gun to go get the bastard if that was my daughter..........

( I know it was all a set up, but again, what about the times they AREN'T set ups? THAT is child molestation! )

10. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    mattskramer wrote:
    I would be thrilled, because it would demonstrate that this Planned Parenthood was following the law.

Why is it that when someone does an expose of something that people don't support, are suspicious of already, etc - they are heroes speaking truth to power, shedding light on an important issue, etc. etc.

But when someone does an expose of something that people support - then they're just little liars deliberately setting out to make innocent people look bad?

If you do some research you will see that Planned Parenthoods all over the nation are frequently shown to be more than willing to help young women receive abortions under less than legal circumstances, more than willing to accept money from bigots for "abortions on black women," willing to lie or "not hear" about rapes, molestations, etc.

Now...I'm perfectly willing to give the nurse in this video, and the Planned Parenthood employees the "benefit of the doubt" and state that they genuinely believe that they are helping these girls...rather than simply profiting off of their abortions...but that doesn't change the fact that Planned Parenthood is earning a reputation for being more interested in helping women get abortions under any circumstance, then it is about following the laws of the states they are in.

I support a woman's right to get an abortion...but I also support laws that are their to protect children from rape and abuse...both need to be recognized and supported.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3