Plan to Convert Roads to Gravel Begins Despite Pushback

Privatizing the roads would be a grand idea for Texas. Let capital work and the services will become exponentially better. If Texas privatizes its roads, Im moving there tomorrow.

Sure, that's a great idea. And then only people that can afford to drive privatized roads will drive on them. What could go wrong?

LOL

Nothing has gone wrong with toll roads so far.

Part of me cares not if you can afford to get to the market or work. And I certainly am not interested in subsidizing this or that oil company by paving their roads for them.

Just stop calling it a road 30 miles from their plant and let em use it like I use my driveway, at my own cost

I'll take the Texas business model over the Detroit, California or Illinois business failures any day.

80 miles of road reverting to gravel out of 300,000 miles of Texas roads. An issue? Really? That's all you got?

80 miles out of 300,000 are being torn up by heavy trucks. Why repave them to be torn up again? And again? Liberal logic: Throw money down the drain. Texans are (a little) more responsible with taxpayer money. What's going on is sorting out the revenue part of the equation first then implementing a plan. The price of rapid growth in Texas is an overload of the infrastructure. Growth, jobs and a thriving economy is a great problem to have unless you're a lib. Detroit and Cuba are their models.

The real issue is one of taxes and it's in the process of being worked out. It's been a very complicated fight and will be resolved soon by the voters of Texas:
Why Selling Next Year's Road Prop Could be Tricky | The Texas Tribune

I live in the DFW area and use toll roads extensively. They are nice and well maintained. I hope they turn a profit. I get where I'm going safely and fast.

Last edited:
Privatizing the roads would be a grand idea for Texas. Let capital work and the services will become exponentially better. If Texas privatizes its roads, Im moving there tomorrow.

Sure, that's a great idea. And then only people that can afford to drive privatized roads will drive on them. What could go wrong?

LOL

As opposed to those who pay nothing for the state run service now? And those who do pay and receive shitty fuckin' service? LOL

Yeah, privatize them.

Perhaps you spend too much time worrying about what other people are getting.

I don't know, so i'm asking . Would the keystone pipeline make difference?

It would make every bit of difference as the Obama/Hillary-touted and heralded Alberta Clipper pipeline. Exact same function and purpose.

Permit for Alberta Clipper Pipeline Issued

Only here we are four years later and all of a sudden, the very same scenario is playing out but to a different tune. Damned idiot Dumocraps.

It would make every bit of difference as the Obama/Hillary-touted and heralded Alberta Clipper pipeline. Exact same function and purpose.

Only here we are four years later and all of a sudden, the very same scenario is playing out but to a different tune. Damned idiot Dumocraps.
How much will Keystone reduce the cost of gasoline in America?

How much will Keystone reduce the cost of gasoline in America?

:eusa_eh:

What?

Did you read my link re: the Alberta Clipper Pipeline?

Excellent!

Why waste money repairing a road that is only going to get torn up again in a month or two.

Liberals...we in the sane states call this P-R-A-C-T-I-C-A-L-I-T-Y...look it up.

anyone else get tired of these lefties poking their nose into a state they don't live in?

HEY how about that Detroit...their upstanding elected people, Democrats, let the city go bankrupt so they DON'T have to worry roads now, do they

So, uh, all you rw's live in Chicago, right?

Excellent!

Why waste money repairing a road that is only going to get torn up again in a month or two.

Liberals...we in the sane states call this P-R-A-C-T-I-C-A-L-I-T-Y...look it up.

Republican politicians want us to pay higher taxes. What should they be spending our money on?

Excellent!

Republican politicians want us to pay higher taxes. What should they be spending our money on?

You seem to extract the quirkiest oddities from your rectal cavity.

Forum List

Back