Pirates killed, Captain free. Good job.

What a heartbreak this must be for you lefties! The Navy rescued the captain AND sent three of your pirate compadres to the promised land forthwith. I suppose Obama will order a court martial against the Navy Commander for violating the pirate's civil rights - naturally, you will be in mourning for 13 days over this.

RWC

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha:lol:

i dont care how he escaped...he did and he lives...here is a man who followed the honored tradition of a capt...he was willing to give his life to save his crew...job well done....

I wasn't aware that he had given his life.

He offered himself to the pirates as a hostage to spare his crew. Since his life WAS in danger by doing so, I'd say that is as close to giving it up without dying as one can get.
I had somebody correct me via PM.
The key word was "willing".

Bullshit. The guy had already jumped once and you call the second jump unexpected? I had you figured for a little smarter than that Gunny. I promise you in the days to come you will hear about these guys being prepared for the case that he would jump again.

You're saying that after he already jumped once, no one expected that he might jump again?

Foolish.

Dude, clean out your fucking ears huh? And when do you get it through your grape that if you want to play nasty with me I'll hand you your fucking ass EVERY time?

I had YOU figured for being a little smarter than you are displaying in that you cannot differentiate between a coordinated plan for Phillips to jump again, and having shooters prepositioned to take advantage of any opportunity that presented itself.

They were prepared for ANY opportunity. That would include but not be limited to him jumping again, gomer.

Next time you presume to draw on me, try loading your fucking gun.

You said: "Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected....".

That's foolish. When you put your hand on the stove and burn it, is it unexpected when you do it again?

You're full of shit Gunny. You know damned well that if the guy jumped once before they surely expected that he might do it again. If they didn't they're as slow as you.
Peejay - if the hostage jumping was expected, how did the pirates allow him to get away with it ?
Maybe you should wait until you get more facts and understanding of the situation before you get into an argument over silly stuff. Phillips got away. The SEALS were in position at the ready.
It was over in a couple seconds. Why argue about it ?

i dont care how he escaped...he did and he lives...here is a man who followed the honored tradition of a capt...he was willing to give his life to save his crew...job well done....

I wasn't aware that he had given his life.

He offered himself to the pirates as a hostage to spare his crew. Since his life WAS in danger by doing so, I'd say that is as close to giving it up without dying as one can get.

Having listened to a conference from his Maritime Academy, the Admiral there said to the effect, 'the Captain from the get go, by his giving up himself in lieu of the crew, ensured the best possible outcome of the situation.' Indeed that seems to have been the case. Also sounds like the Boxer was involved in this Gunny, I heard some reporter echo what you said earlier, "Unless there's something else to do, these scenarios are practiced over and over again. The crews know what to do, when the opportunity arises.'

Just breaking, the ship captain held hostage by Somalia pirates has been freed. Reporting that 3 of 4 pirates have been killed.
Good job.
Now please, tell us how Obama gets credit or how he fucked up, depending on which way your retarded slant is.
Obama gets credit because:
A. He's the Commander in Chief.
B. He avoided a "Jimmy Carter" style military debacle.

God Bless our Navy!

Bullshit. The guy had already jumped once and you call the second jump unexpected? I had you figured for a little smarter than that Gunny. I promise you in the days to come you will hear about these guys being prepared for the case that he would jump again.

You're saying that after he already jumped once, no one expected that he might jump again?

Foolish.

Dude, clean out your fucking ears huh? And when do you get it through your grape that if you want to play nasty with me I'll hand you your fucking ass EVERY time?

I had YOU figured for being a little smarter than you are displaying in that you cannot differentiate between a coordinated plan for Phillips to jump again, and having shooters prepositioned to take advantage of any opportunity that presented itself.

They were prepared for ANY opportunity. That would include but not be limited to him jumping again, gomer.

That's foolish. When you put your hand on the stove and burn it, is it unexpected when you do it again?

You're full of shit Gunny. You know damned well that if the guy jumped once before they surely expected that he might do it again. If they didn't they're as slow as you.

I know what I said, and I stand by it. Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected. That's not only clear and simple, it's an obvious fact.

Use your own reasoning. If you burn your hand the first time, do you stick in the fire again expecting a different result? Phillips tried jumping once and it failed. There is no reason to expect he would attempt something again that already failed. Note that saying it was unexpected is NOT ruling it out of the realm of possibilities.

The fact is, had it been expected, the pirates could have prevented him from doing it.

As I stated, the shooters were stationed to take advantage of ANY opportunity. They were waiting for ANY kind of break and they took advantage when it came. That's their job and they're damned good at it.

What a heartbreak this must be for you lefties! The Navy rescued the captain AND sent three of your pirate compadres to the promised land forthwith. I suppose Obama will order a court martial against the Navy Commander for violating the pirate's civil rights - naturally, you will be in mourning for 13 days over this.

RWC

well chosen screen name, apparently.
:eusa_whistle:

Mark my words Gunny, in the coming days you will hear the exact word "expected" uttered by the folks that were involved, as in "we expected that he would jump again."

RWC

One of your so called "Lefties" is the RADM in charge of this operation.
Obama gave the green light to take whatever action was deemed necessary, the TF commander
RADM Michelle Howard, first black woman to command a US Navy vessel, the CTF 151 flagship USS Boxer, got SEALS and set the resources in her command in motion. The senior officer on scene, Cmdr Frank Castellano CO of the Bainbridge and his crew were incredible. They picked up one pirate, got a tow rope on the lifeboat, the SEALS were in place, and
took the pirates out when they poked their heads out.

You are such an emptyheaded tool. Predictable as a scratched up vinyl record, playing the same ridiculous 2 second noise. YOu are as valuable and as interesting as a piece of moldy bread.
When are you gonna break out of that rut ?

Mark my words Gunny, in the coming days you will hear the exact word "expected" uttered by the folks that were involved, as in "we expected that he would jump again."

Maybe the word will be "hope", as in "we hoped that he would jump again.".
Since it wasn't a change, it must be about hope.

Who Cares what words are used ? Phillips is safe. Standoff over.

Peejay - if the hostage jumping was expected, how did the pirates allow him to get away with it ?
Maybe you should wait until you get more facts and understanding of the situation before you get into an argument over silly stuff. Phillips got away. The SEALS were in position at the ready.

If they didn't expect him to jump again, why would they tie him up to try and prevent it?

It appears the Captain saved his own ass. Smart move on his part.

Gunny thinks the captain saved his own ass. I think that maybe the fact that the pirates were caused to be dead by the bullets fired into them may have contributed to his escape. Don't you?

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it.

here Gunny seems to acknowledge that the SEALS must have been prepared to do something.

There was no plan, numbnuts. Try reading, huh? Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected and killing the pirates seizing an opportunity. Contingency my ass.

But then he goes back to dumb luck. No plan? The guy had jumped once and they missed an opportunity and you think no one made the very simple observation of "hey....if this guy jumps again we will be ready." You know, a plan based on the simple knowledge that if he jumped once, it is reasonable to expect he may jump again.

And the contingency to which I spoke in the poll thread was utilized...

While I'm amazed that the Lord of the Idiots found the sack to utilize that contingency, I applaud that he managed to do so.

The Captain owes his life to the training and equipment which the US military enjoys from the former administration which sustained a powerful, readily trained, well equipped US military.

It can't be ignored that President Hussein has cancelled contracts for high speed Destroyers and other attack-crafts which are well suited to such missions. They're slashing special operation budgets, with many units ALREADY realizing cuts in billets for specialized training, such as jump, scuba and sniper schools...

Crews hijacked by Pirates, four years from now will not have such highly trained operators to depend upon; so let's celebrate that rescuing the Captain polled well... thus requiring the popularist King to react; but let's not forget that he is stripping the US military of the means to perform the same mission; for future hostages.

Another tiny insignificant person who can't prevent himself from throwing his thin diarrhea at Obama every second of his existence. Pretty sad little buglike critter.
And you freakin' lie everytime. What the hell is wrong with you ? Are you in an alternate universe ?
Read this:
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gates-forecasts-change-for-obama-pentagon-budget-2009-04-06.html

Meanwhile, Gates plans to boost the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance budget by $2 billion and grow the Special Operations forces by 5 percent, or 2,800 personnel. Special operators will also receive more lift aircraft and refueling capabilities.

Gates on Monday also announced efforts to boost the Pentagon acquisition workforce. Gates is planning to replace 11,000 contractors with 9,000 government professionals by 2015. He’s starting in fiscal 2010 with 4,100 additional government employees.

ROFLMNAO...

Well of course I'm only speaking ot the special operators I speak to every single day and their experience of exponentially declining budgets... They range in experience from command level NCOs and Officers down... in US Special Forces, USMC Recon And Force Recon, MARSOC and Navy Seals; who without exception, are ALL suffering substantial cuts in their operation budgets... But there can be no doubt that "The Hill" knows more about what's going on IN SPECIAL OPERATION UNITS, than do the men who ARE US MILITARY SPECIAL OPERATIONS.

And WHO could ever doubt the veracity of The Hill... So I concede to the authority of the nations leading propanda instrument and will let history play itself out...

Never let it be said that the history of Leftist administrations that the US Military budget pays the price of sustaining grandiose leftist policy failures and the 3 trillion dollars spent or projected to imminently BE SPENT... in deficit, by this President; will have NO EFFECT on Secretary Gates 'plans' to increase the SOCOM budgets...

ROFLMNAO...

Oh GOD that's precious...

If they didn't expect him to jump again, why would they tie him up to try and prevent it?

Gunny thinks the captain saved his own ass. I think that maybe the fact that the pirates were caused to be dead by the bullets fired into them may have contributed to his escape. Don't you?

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it.

here Gunny seems to acknowledge that the SEALS must have been prepared to do something.

There was no plan, numbnuts. Try reading, huh? Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected and killing the pirates seizing an opportunity. Contingency my ass.

But then he goes back to dumb luck. No plan? The guy had jumped once and they missed an opportunity and you think no one made the very simple observation of "hey....if this guy jumps again we will be ready." You know, a plan based on the simple knowledge that if he jumped once, it is reasonable to expect he may jump again.

Your problem seems to be that you cannot read and comprehend from one statement to the next. Nothing I have posted contradicts anything else I have posted, and in fact my posts support each other.

I'd say you need to learn to read, but the sad truth is you are WAY over your head trying to engage in a game of semantics and you aren't good at it.

Until Phillips did something, what rescue plan was in motion? Oh yeah ... none. In that regard he DID save his own ass and the SEALS did what they were trained to do and took out the pirates the second the opportunity presented itself.

Without him jumping in the water, the standoff would have remained.

I guess you don't buy your own logic then. Is that it? You know, if you burn your hand once are you going to stick it back in the fire expecting a different result?

The simple fact is, what you are trying to call a plan was shooters prepared to take advantage of an opportunity if one arose. THAT was all that was "planned." That was NOT a plan for Phillips to jump in the water again.

About time we all got some good news.

About time the pirates had to pay for a change.

Kudos to the US Navy!

Your problem seems to be that you cannot read and comprehend from one statement to the next. Nothing I have posted contradicts anything else I have posted, and in fact my posts support each other.

I'd say you need to learn to read, but the sad truth is you are WAY over your head trying to engage in a game of semantics and you aren't good at it.

Until Phillips did something, what rescue plan was in motion? Oh yeah ... none. In that regard he DID save his own ass and the SEALS did what they were trained to do and took out the pirates the second the opportunity presented itself.

Without him jumping in the water, the standoff would have remained.

I guess you don't buy your own logic then. Is that it? You know, if you burn your hand once are you going to stick it back in the fire expecting a different result?

The simple fact is, what you are trying to call a plan was shooters prepared to take advantage of an opportunity if one arose. THAT was all that was "planned." That was NOT a plan for Phillips to jump in the water again.

They were expecting that he might jump again and had a plan for that.

Simple enough.

And the contingency to which I spoke in the poll thread was utilized...

While I'm amazed that the Lord of the Idiots found the sack to utilize that contingency, I applaud that he managed to do so.

The Captain owes his life to the training and equipment which the US military enjoys from the former administration which sustained a powerful, readily trained, well equipped US military.

It can't be ignored that President Hussein has cancelled contracts for high speed Destroyers and other attack-crafts which are well suited to such missions. They're slashing special operation budgets, with many units ALREADY realizing cuts in billets for specialized training, such as jump, scuba and sniper schools...

Crews hijacked by Pirates, four years from now will not have such highly trained operators to depend upon; so let's celebrate that rescuing the Captain polled well... thus requiring the popularist King to react; but let's not forget that he is stripping the US military of the means to perform the same mission; for future hostages.

Another tiny insignificant person who can't prevent himself from throwing his thin diarrhea at Obama every second of his existence. Pretty sad little buglike critter.
And you freakin' lie everytime. What the hell is wrong with you ? Are you in an alternate universe ?
Read this:
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gates-forecasts-change-for-obama-pentagon-budget-2009-04-06.html

Meanwhile, Gates plans to boost the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance budget by $2 billion and grow the Special Operations forces by 5 percent, or 2,800 personnel. Special operators will also receive more lift aircraft and refueling capabilities.

Gates on Monday also announced efforts to boost the Pentagon acquisition workforce. Gates is planning to replace 11,000 contractors with 9,000 government professionals by 2015. He’s starting in fiscal 2010 with 4,100 additional government employees.

ROFLMNAO...

Well of course I'm only speaking ot the special operators I speak to every single day and their experience of exponentially declining budgets... They range in experience from command level NCOs and Officers down... in US Special Forces, USMC Recon And Force Recon, MARSOC and Navy Seals; who without exception, are ALL suffering substantial cuts in their operation budgets... But there can be no doubt that "The Hill" knows more about what's going on IN SPECIAL OPERATION UNITS, than do the men who ARE US MILITARY SPECIAL OPERATIONS.

And WHO could ever doubt the veracity of The Hill... So I concede to the authority of the nations leading propanda instrument and will let history play itself out...

Never let it be said that the history of Leftist administrations that the US Military budget pays the price of sustaining grandiose leftist policy failures and the 3 trillion dollars spent or projected to imminently BE SPENT... in deficit, by this President; will have NO EFFECT on Secretary Gates 'plans' to increase the SOCOM budgets...

ROFLMNAO...

Oh GOD that's precious...
The voices in your head are special operators giving you top secret information that only you can hear ? You are funny, in a sad lonely disturbed sort of way.
Lily_Tomlin_telephone_operator.jpg

Forum List

Back