Pirates killed, Captain free. Good job.

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it. Good job on both parts. The Captain for not waiting around for diplomats to save his ass and the shooters for seizing the opportunity.

Ummmm...yes? He jumped, the SEALS fired and killed all three pirates in the lifeboat. Remember the last time he tried that without any help? They jumped in and caught him. The SEALS killed them. The captain didn't.
I just read that he didn't jump, and that one of the pirates had left the lifeboat this morning. The other three were killed in the rescue of the captain. Either way, I think everyone did a great job and I'm glad it worked out.

It is reported that the sole surviving pirate was on board the ship, negotiating for ransom. I haven't heard anything about him not jumping. Maybe they opened fire first and then he jumped? Doesn't seem likely unless there was clear seperation inside the boat.

Ummm ... no? He jumped. The SEALS or whoever opened fire were sitting there waiting for an opportunity and exploited it. Good job on both parts. The Captain for not waiting around for diplomats to save his ass and the shooters for seizing the opportunity.

Ummmm...yes? He jumped, the SEALS fired and killed all three pirates in the lifeboat. Remember the last time he tried that without any help? They jumped in and caught him. The SEALS killed them. The captain didn't.

And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?

Need to check your facts.

First time he jumped in the water, one of the pirates fired his weapon. They aren't sure if he fired into the air or into the water next to him.

Out-swimming a pirate wasn't the case.

And the contingency to which I spoke in the poll thread was utilized...

While I'm amazed that the Lord of the Idiots found the sack to utilize that contingency, I applaud that he managed to do so.

The Captain owes his life to the training and equipment which the US military enjoys from the former administration which sustained a powerful, readily trained, well equipped US military.

It can't be ignored that President Hussein has cancelled contracts for high speed Destroyers and other attack-crafts which are well suited to such missions. They're slashing special operation budgets, with many units ALREADY realizing cuts in billets for specialized training, such as jump, scuba and sniper schools...

Crews hijacked by Pirates, four years from now will not have such highly trained operators to depend upon; so let's celebrate that rescuing the Captain polled well... thus requiring the popularist King to react; but let's not forget that he is stripping the US military of the means to perform the same mission; for future hostages.

There was no plan, numbnuts. Try reading, huh? Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected and killing the pirates seizing an opportunity. Contingency my ass.

Had the Navy just attacked, Phillips would more than likely have been killed.

I wonder how much you'd like that plan of yours if YOU were the hostage? Chickenhawk.

I'm LMAO here. It appears the Captain saved his own ass. Smart move on his part.
And there were shooters assigned to be at the ready, their sights trained on the lifeboat, ready to act. If they had not been aimed and ready, the hostage would have been shot or retaken by the pirates still on the boat.
How long would it take to lift and aim and hit if the pirates went after the hostage ?
The shooters were trained on that boat, fingers on the trigger.
Somebody played this right and gave the right orders to the right people on scene, and on deck.

According to sky news out of England the US Navy did not move in, the US Navy did not move in.

The Captain jumped into the ocean again forcing the US Navy to act.

I am in Spain and Sky news keeps repeating that the pirates at best commited a crime and the boat is a crime scene and law enforcement officials will investigate.

They handling of this as a crime is what we should be screaming about. We treated Osama Bin Laden as a criminal during Bill Clinton's time as president, treating Osama like a criminal led and caused 9/11.

Hillary Clinton called this a crime.

Obama did not interfere in something that was merely a crime.

Sky news is calling this a crime.

The US Navy has no jurisdiction. Its a crime.

Obama is enlarging AmeriCorp to 300,000 troops. Obama says the will be just as powerful as our military and have more funding.

World police, new world order, your fancy car is gone, no more big screen TV's, no fancy computers.
The way the media covers this story world wide, the way Obama was silent shows our president is BOWING to a power who will rule over the president of the USA and all its people. The world will rule us which will make our liberals happy. Look at how they treat us in these threads, they hate us, look at the vile they speak, look how rotten they are if they disagree.

The New World order disagrees and hates the conservative christian americans.

How Obama handled this does not show inexperience. It shows that our presidents can be bought the same as the 100,000,000 payoff to Bill Clinton. Clinton treated Obama as a criminal, Obama is treating terrorists as criminals, it is now up to the New World order to protect our citizens.
What do the stooooooooopid shitheads who take
every
single
event
and twist it into another chance to throw their verbal poop at BUSH
hope to accomplish ?
Krotch - You are seriously deranged in your lopsided obsession. It OWNS you.

Obama had little to do with this hostage situation. He did the right thing; left it up to the professionals on scene to handle this standoff.

Big earthquake in Italy, people died. Quick, make up something to say it was OBAMA'S FAULT !!!
A kid dies in a traffic accident in Idaho. .".... OBAMA ...!!!!!"
Unbeeeleeevabul.

:eusa_whistle:

I just read that he didn't jump, and that one of the pirates had left the lifeboat this morning. The other three were killed in the rescue of the captain. Either way, I think everyone did a great job and I'm glad it worked out.

Everything I've read so far says he did. The pirate who was not killed was on board the USS Bainbridge apparently. One report said he surrendered, one said he was negotiating. Not sure how that works since most reports agree that negotiations had broken down.

Unlikely the Navy would have attacked without a clear opportunity.

And now that the captain has escaped with his life, I will say what I was thinking the first time he jumped from the boat.......you got out-swam by a black guy?

First time he jumped in the water, one of the pirates fired his weapon. They aren't sure if he fired into the air or into the water next to him.

Captain Phillips managed to leap overboard but the pirates jumped in after him and hauled him back on board.
Radio New Zealand News : Stories : 2009 : 04 : 11 : Brief escape bid by captured captain

Hadn't read anything about a weapon but figured they probably shot at him. Thing is, even high powered weapons are nearly useless on swimmers. The captain could swim underwater at just a few feet and he couldn't be shot. Of course, coming up for air would be a real gamble.

I'm LMAO here. It appears the Captain saved his own ass. Smart move on his part.
And there were shooters assigned to be at the ready, their sights trained on the lifeboat, ready to act. If they had not been aimed and ready, the hostage would have been shot or retaken by the pirates still on the boat.
How long would it take to lift and aim and hit if the pirates went after the hostage ?
The shooters were trained on that boat, fingers on the trigger.
Somebody played this right and gave the right orders to the right people on scene, and on deck.

I've pretty much said that.

Captain Phillips managed to leap overboard but the pirates jumped in after him and hauled him back on board.
Radio New Zealand News : Stories : 2009 : 04 : 11 : Brief escape bid by captured captain

Hadn't read anything about a weapon but figured they probably shot at him. Thing is, even high powered weapons are nearly useless on swimmers. The captain could swim underwater at just a few feet and he couldn't be shot. Of course, coming up for air would be a real gamble.

Around midnight local time, Phillips jumped off the lifeboat and began swimming, according to Defense Department officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk about the sensitive, unfolding operations.

One of the pirates then fired an automatic weapon, the officials said, although it was not clear if the shots were fired at Phillips or into the air, and he returned to the lifeboat.

Pirates recapture captain after escape attempt - USATODAY.com

While I'm amazed that the Lord of the Idiots found the sack to utilize that contingency, I applaud that he managed to do so.

The Captain owes his life to the training and equipment which the US military enjoys from the former administration which sustained a powerful, readily trained, well equipped US military.

It can't be ignored that President Hussein has cancelled contracts for high speed Destroyers and other attack-crafts which are well suited to such missions. They're slashing special operation budgets, with many units ALREADY realizing cuts in billets for specialized training, such as jump, scuba and sniper schools...

Crews hijacked by Pirates, four years from now will not have such highly trained operators to depend upon; so let's celebrate that rescuing the Captain polled well... thus requiring the popularist King to react; but let's not forget that he is stripping the US military of the means to perform the same mission; for future hostages.

There was no plan, numbnuts. Try reading, huh? Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected and killing the pirates seizing an opportunity. Contingency my ass.

I wonder how much you'd like that plan of yours if YOU were the hostage? Chickenhawk.

Bullshit. The guy had already jumped once and you call the second jump unexpected? I had you figured for a little smarter than that Gunny. I promise you in the days to come you will hear about these guys being prepared for the case that he would jump again.

You're saying that after he already jumped once, no one expected that he might jump again?

Foolish.

He seems to be pretty smart. He probably went for depth his second try.

Another tiny insignificant person who can't prevent himself from throwing his thin diarrhea at Obama every second of his existence. Pretty sad little buglike critter.
And you freakin' lie everytime. What the hell is wrong with you ? Are you in an alternate universe ?
Read this:
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gates-forecasts-change-for-obama-pentagon-budget-2009-04-06.html

Meanwhile, Gates plans to boost the intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance budget by $2 billion and grow the Special Operations forces by 5 percent, or 2,800 personnel. Special operators will also receive more lift aircraft and refueling capabilities.

Gates on Monday also announced efforts to boost the Pentagon acquisition workforce. Gates is planning to replace 11,000 contractors with 9,000 government professionals by 2015. He’s starting in fiscal 2010 with 4,100 additional government employees.

What excellent news.

Kudos to whomsoever is responsible for the guy getting out of this pickle alive.

Now that this situation has our attention.. what to do? what to do?

I'm slowly getting up to speed on this nightmare of a place thanks to the CIA.

Did you know the median age in that place is 17 years old? Life expectency? About 50. To compare the median age in the USA is 36 with a life expectency about 75.

Let's recap shall we?

This place offers:

NO recognized central government;

NO intrusive laws, but traditional Somali customary law, or Sharia (Islamic) law, (AKA traditional family values);

NO annoying liberal regulators to stifle creative capital formation;

NO schools overrun by liberals and dominated by teachers unions;

JUST lots of decentralized semiautomanmous regions controlled by strong men with...;

...PLENTY of guns to help keep the people free of intrusive busybody nanny-state goverment; and

AND ALL THE FREEDOM needed to allow pirates to carve out their place in that libertarian tropic sunshine.

I don't know about you guys, but I think we've finally found that mythical place called Libertopia.

I wonder if John Galt lives there?

Last edited:

Around midnight local time, Phillips jumped off the lifeboat and began swimming, according to Defense Department officials speaking on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to talk about the sensitive, unfolding operations.

One of the pirates then fired an automatic weapon, the officials said, although it was not clear if the shots were fired at Phillips or into the air, and he returned to the lifeboat.

Pirates recapture captain after escape attempt - USATODAY.com

Conflicting reports on whether or not the pirates jumped in after him to bring him back to the boat. I surely don't doubt that they fired.

He seems to be pretty smart. He probably went for depth his second try.
If his hands were tied, it was a very gutsy move. I'm betting he spotted the guns covering, or got a signal to jump clear. We'll find out all the details.

This is going to be huge news all week. This guy will get treated like Sully. And much like Sully, he will deserve it. I hope they throw him a parade.

He should be treated as a hero because he got captured and held hostage?
I thought that dubious honor was only reserved for Mr McCain for being a loser.

Your comments about McCain are both disrespectful and irrelevant here. Shame on you, you prick.
I shoulda left out the loser part.
I stand corrected.

Bullshit. The guy had already jumped once and you call the second jump unexpected? I had you figured for a little smarter than that Gunny. I promise you in the days to come you will hear about these guys being prepared for the case that he would jump again.

You're saying that after he already jumped once, no one expected that he might jump again?

Foolish.

Dude, clean out your fucking ears huh? And when do you get it through your grape that if you want to play nasty with me I'll hand you your fucking ass EVERY time?

I had YOU figured for being a little smarter than you are displaying in that you cannot differentiate between a coordinated plan for Phillips to jump again, and having shooters prepositioned to take advantage of any opportunity that presented itself.

They were prepared for ANY opportunity. That would include but not be limited to him jumping again, gomer.

Next time you presume to draw on me, try loading your fucking gun.

Foolish.

Dude, clean out your fucking ears huh? And when do you get it through your grape that if you want to play nasty with me I'll hand you your fucking ass EVERY time?

I had YOU figured for being a little smarter than you are displaying in that you cannot differentiate between a coordinated plan for Phillips to jump again, and having shooters prepositioned to take advantage of any opportunity that presented itself.

They were prepared for ANY opportunity. That would include but not be limited to him jumping again, gomer.

Next time you presume to draw on me, try loading your fucking gun.

You said: "Phillips jumping overboard was unexpected....".

That's foolish. When you put your hand on the stove and burn it, is it unexpected when you do it again?

You're full of shit Gunny. You know damned well that if the guy jumped once before they surely expected that he might do it again. If they didn't they're as slow as you.

What excellent news.

Kudos to whomsoever is responsible for the guy getting out of this pickle alive.

Now that this situation has our attention.. what to do? what to do?

I'm slowly getting up to speed on this nightmare of a place thanks to the CIA.

Did you know the median age in that place is 17 years old? Life expectency? About 50. To compare the median age in the USA is 36 with a life expectency about 75.

Let's recap shall we?

This place offers:

NO recognized central government;

NO intrusive laws, but traditional Somali customary law, or Sharia (Islamic) law, (AKA traditional family values);

NO annoying liberal regulators to stifle creative capital formation;

NO schools overrun by liberals and dominated by teachers unions;

JUST lots of decentralized semiautomanmous regions controlled by strong men with...;

...PLENTY of guns to help keep the people free of intrusive busybody nanny-state goverment; and

AND ALL THE FREEDOM needed to allow pirates to carve out their place in that libertarian tropic sunshine.

I don't know about you guys, but I think we've finally found that mythical place called Libertopia.

I wonder if John Galt lives there?
Somalia a RWN Utopia. Ironic and Fitting. Couldn't write this stuff.
When's FOX going to announce their support for the Muqdisho Tea Party ?

Forum List

Back