Pink Username

On the home page, on the bottom, it shows that admins are in red, "super mods" blue, mods yellow/orange.

And now, banned members in pink. It may change, as CK is trying to find the best fit:)

what is the difference between super mods and mods?

:confused:

That is a great question .... for @cereal_killer ;)

Essentially it is that mods are restricted to specific forums and have no access to the settings, while supermods have the range of the whole board and limited access to the settings. Admins, on the other hand, can screw everything up.

I'm using the X-Men model. There are Superheroes...and then there are X-Men Superheroes.

And for the record, I am not, have not been, and have no desire to be an actual mod. Being in management on a message board takes all the fun out of posting. I prefer to have "no responsibilities whatsoever" to anything other than my own enjoyment.

i figured that is what you meant and i'm with you, never ever want to be a mod. it is for some people, but not for me. they pretty much do a thankless, however, necessary job. they deserve kudos, save for the power hungry wannabes that treat modship as their first real taste of "power".

If I'm ever a mod it will be on my own forum. But I can't really imagine a life that would be boring enough for me to want to do that.

It is fun on a small forum.

I'm loving all these colors!!!!! they are so seasonal so summery!!!!! Luv'em:D:D:D I do!

You know whose would be better in a nice shade of
pukingsmiley.gif

I'm not allowed to say who because she is B A N N E D. But you know who.

Oh, I know who you mean. And she's is the opposite of a mental genius.

i figured that is what you meant and i'm with you, never ever want to be a mod. it is for some people, but not for me. they pretty much do a thankless, however, necessary job. they deserve kudos, save for the power hungry wannabes that treat modship as their first real taste of "power".

If I'm ever a mod it will be on my own forum. But I can't really imagine a life that would be boring enough for me to want to do that.

It is fun on a small forum.

Too much responsibility. I've tried it a couple of times on small forums, and then when my work got crazy, the board hegemony would get upset that I wasn't online enough.

Just as I dislike it when real life interferes with my message boarding, I equally dislike having message boarding interfere with my meatspace life.

I've been admin and mod somewhere else. I wouldn't go back to doing it. Too much responsibility. Free is best.

Now..about the best Over The Rainbow..my nod goes to Iz...may he rest in peace (the end of the vid makes me smile...and be sad all at the same time) :

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my Lord... you like sumo wrestling Gracie? or are you travelling to Samoa or Tahiti or something?

wow...just wow!

wow :disbelief:

I've been admin and mod somewhere else. I wouldn't go back to doing it. Too much responsibility. Free is best.

Now..about the best Over The Rainbow..my nod goes to Iz...may he rest in peace (the end of the vid makes me smile...and be sad all at the same time) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k

so answer us...are you going to Tahiti? Yes? No?

You like Sumo wrestling then

don't wanna answer ? awwww LOL

ok cool no problems :D

No, I am not going anywhere.
Iz was a beautiful man and had a beautiful soul and voice.

No, I am not going anywhere.
Iz was a beautiful man and had a beautiful soul and voice.

Who is Iz dear?

Never heard of him.

I will look him up online....thank you for answering Gracie.

It's in the link. He was hawaiian and much beloved. His death was...painful for us all.

The most popular entertainer in Hawaii until his tragic death in 1997, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole formed the traditional Makaha Sons as a teenager in the mid-'70s, went out on his own in more of a contemporary style by the 1990s, and released four immensely popular recordings before passing away just after the release of 1996's N Dis Life. Born in the Honolulu suburb of Kaimuki, Kamakawiwo'ole later moved to nearby Makaha. In allegiance to his new home, Israel formed the Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau with brother Skippy plus Louis "Moon" Kauakahi, Sam Gray and Jerome Koko. The Makaha Sons recorded No Kristo in 1976 and released five more albums during as many years, though Skippy's death of a heart attack in 1982 came as quite a blow to his younger brother. The group soldiered on, and became Hawaii's most popular traditional group with breakout albums like 1984's Puana Hou Me Ke Aloha and its follow-up, 1986's Ho'ola.
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole decided to begin recording on his own with 1990's Ka 'Ano'i, which became the most popular Hawaiian album of the year. Though he continued his solo career, by 1991 he had recorded with the Makaha Sons of Ni'ihau again, and that year's Makaha Bash 3 set still more records in Hawaii, thanks in part to the single "Broken Promise." Another Makaha LP, Ho'oluana, appeared in 1992, though it was the last with Israel. His second solo effort, Facing Future, appeared in 1993, and 1995's E Ala E featured a reunited duet with Skippy, thanks to studio technology. Israel continued to win awards and sell very well with 1996's N Dis Life, but his ballooning weight problem (at times, he weighed over 750 pounds) caused his early death at the age of 38. ~ John Bush, Rovi

RIP Iz.

Forum List

Back