Pink Thoughts

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I was wondering if we could change the color of those of which we cannot speak of, temporarily.

Maybe if members could somehow show a donation for Breast Cancer to admin, they could "earn" Pink for the month?

Just the beginnings of a thought......anyone is welcome to chime in with any fine-tuning ideas

:cool:

When will there be a "Prostate Cancer Month"?

When it comes to health care, men are second class citizens.

When was the last time you saw a 25k charity run for prostate cancer? When was the last time you saw a celebrity advocate charitable causes for prostate cancer?

When was the last time you saw NFL athletes wearing powder blue accessories to support research for prostate deaths?

Last edited:

Maybe men need to suggest it, push it. Write your Congressman.

Breast and Prostate Cancer are similar - in that they're both pretty bad.

When was the last time you saw a 25k charity run for prostate cancer? When was the last time you saw a celebrity advocate charitable causes for prostate cancer?

When was the last time you saw NFL athletes wearing powder blue accessories to support research for prostate deaths?

Because everybody loves Boobies

NOBODY likes a DICK
:fu:

NOBODY likes a DICK

Really? You wouldn't be here if that was true. And I don't mean here on this forum, I mean here in life.

:eusa_eh:

What is the good cancer to have?

I wish there was "fat cancer." I want someone to remove my love handles.

NOBODY likes a DICK

Prostate cancer doesn't occur in the "dick". Are you this ignorant?

:eusa_eh:

What is the good cancer to have?
"Good" is not necessarily always the opposite of "pretty bad" - Not any type of cancer is good , but if one is going to get cancer, and could choose which one, most would choose skin cancer or thyroid, over brain, cervical, breast or prostate.
Some cancers are easier to treat, bet you didn't know that from your comment.

Thyroid cancer of the papillary variety. It's one of the slowest spreading and most easily cured cancers, with a survival rate around 95%. Treatment usually involves surgically removing the thyroid gland (or sometimes just the relevant lobe), and remaining thyroid tissue using a treatment called radioactive iodine. In the case of a complete thyroidectomy, one will be placed on thyroid hormone replacement treatment for the rest of their lives, but recurrance risk is significantly reduced. One should note that absolutely NO cancer should ever be considered "safe", and thyroid cancer is certainly not without risks. The thyroidectomy surgery can cause severing of the recurrent laryngeal nerve (a medical emergency), infection, thyroid storm,
What is the least deadly cancer

Forum List

Back