Pilsner, Lager, Ale, Stout, Porter, which do you like?

lennypartiv

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2019
Here's your chance to sound off on what types/flavors of beers you like and dislike. Do you have a favorite microbrewery in your hometown? Do you look forward to a trip out of town to quench your thirst?

I grew up drinking lager and still enjoy it. Being Irish, I do drink Stout now and then.

The one I'm giving up on is IPA. I've tried IPA from over two dozen microbreweries. I've tried to give it a chance, but it's just not for me.

Here's your chance to sound off on what types/flavors of beers you like and dislike. Do you have a favorite microbrewery in your hometown? Do you look forward to a trip out of town to quench your thirst?

simple answer is
YES,,,

I like the taste of hops, so IPAs work for me. Except for the ones that have lemon or whatever fruit flavor.

I drink less now, so it is usually a stout or a porter. Then I'll go to a music thing and end up downing a few PBRs like the good redneck I can be.

Michigander here, and yes we are awash in craft beer. Husband is a big fan. I hate the taste of hops, but do love a good stout or porter, especially the dessert ones. No Rules by Perrin is a favorite.

I grew up drinking lager and still enjoy it. Being Irish, I do drink Stout now and then.

The one I'm giving up on is IPA. I've tried IPA from over two dozen microbreweries. I've tried to give it a chance, but it's just not for me.
Just tried one called Dinner from Maine Beer Company...give it a shot its very good.
Double IPA I believe...

Michigander here, and yes we are awash in craft beer. Husband is a big fan. I hate the taste of hops, but do love a good stout or porter, especially the dessert ones. No Rules by Perrin is a favorite.
Tried any bourbon barrel porters??

I lean towards the porters, brown ales and stouts, as long as I'm not outside during the summer while drinking.

I lean towards the porters, brown ales and stouts, as long as I'm not outside during the summer while drinking.

When it's hot enough, I can also go for a good fruit beer. I know, I know, girlie. Well, I am a girl--or I was one. But really all women have an inner girl. :)

IPA has always been overrated hipster brew.

I go for lagers and pilsners....Old Style, Yeungling, Grain Belt and the other New Ulm Brewery offerings are my go-to.

IPA has always been overrated hipster brew.
Only after brewers started to see who could put the most hops in their beer rendering them almost undrinkable.
I go for lagers and pilsners....Old Style, Yeungling, Grain Belt and the other New Ulm Brewery offerings are my go-to.
Try Narragansett Lager if you can get your hands on some but, when finished, you must crush the can like Quint in Jaws.

Only after brewers started to see who could put the most hops in their beer rendering them almost undrinkable.

Try Narragansett Lager if you can get your hands on some but, when finished, you must crush the can like Quint in Jaws.
Drank that like water while in Newport, RI at OCS.

Stouts, Porters, and Scotch Ale.

Forum List

Back