Pilsner, Lager, Ale, Stout, Porter, which do you like?

Stouts, Porters, and Scotch Ale.
If you're ever in the midwest, try this porter:
O_Spritz_Smoke-e1464010736475.png

Here's your chance to sound off on what types/flavors of beers you like and dislike. Do you have a favorite microbrewery in your hometown? Do you look forward to a trip out of town to quench your thirst?

I like most beer..but it's kind of a context thing as to which I prefer..nothing tastes better than a cold Pilsner or lager--on a hot day.

But in the evening, I like a more robust style. I'm actually an Anchor Steam guy..so the recent closure cuts deep.

Wyncoop's Railyard Amber Ale is my favorite though.

This is great......cut 50/50 with Hard Cider

iu

Here's your chance to sound off on what types/flavors of beers you like and dislike. Do you have a favorite microbrewery in your hometown? Do you look forward to a trip out of town to quench your thirst?

IPA

IPA has always been overrated hipster brew.

I go for lagers and pilsners....Old Style, Yeungling, Grain Belt and the other New Ulm Brewery offerings are my go-to.
IPA has always been overrated hipster brew
Bullshit.

Learn how it got its name.

Lagers are for girls, pilsners can be satisfying on occasion....

First time I tried an Alexander Keith, thought I had died and gone to Heaven. But aint nothing like the drying of the palate and a sweet note that a high end hazy delivers...

Unless it is John Courage on tap.

---Good IPAs Ruined by Recipe Changes---

---A brief history of IPA---

---When ordinary beer wouldn’t survive the journey to India, a new pale ale was born---

---So what is IPA? The initials stand for India pale ale. It was the answer to the problem of providing beer for the British Empire in the east. It was too hot to brew in India, so what was needed was a beer that could survive the gruelling six-month journey from Britain intact. In the 1780s, a London brewer called Hodgson answered the call by sending out a strong, heavily hopped beer called October ale that would normally be aged like wine before drinking.---

---A brief history of IPA---

---When ordinary beer wouldn’t survive the journey to India, a new pale ale was born---

---So what is IPA? The initials stand for India pale ale. It was the answer to the problem of providing beer for the British Empire in the east. It was too hot to brew in India, so what was needed was a beer that could survive the gruelling six-month journey from Britain intact. In the 1780s, a London brewer called Hodgson answered the call by sending out a strong, heavily hopped beer called October ale that would normally be aged like wine before drinking.---

True story.
One of the little tidbits that go with that story is that the water used for the beer was from the Thames river..and a more polluted stream it would be hard to find. I've read mariner's journals that describe, 'floating islands of turds', larger than a small boat.

I guess they filtered it?

True story.
One of the little tidbits that go with that story is that the water used for the beer was from the Thames river..and a more polluted stream it would be hard to find. I've read mariner's journals that describe, 'floating islands of turds', larger than a small boat.

I guess they filtered it?
I assume some English soldiers in India liked it, while others didn't. But soldiers who are on a weekend pass will drink anything with alcohol in it.

I don't drink bacteria urine.

I like Elysian Space Dust IPA.

Owned by AB Inbev... but it is one of only four IPAs I've found that I like. The other's all come from Bell's Brewery... Two Hearted, Double Two Hearted, and Dark Hearted IPA. The Doubled Hearted isn't available all the time and the Dark Hearted has been retired.

I lean to brown ales, stouts, and porters.

The best brown ale I have found is Moose Drool out of Missoula Montana, unfortunately I can not buy it in my area... fuck you very much you purveyors of piss water - Moosehead. I have found one or two decent substitutes...

The local breweries here are doing some really good work... Holy City Pluff Mud Porter and Edmund's Oast Leather Jacket Stout are stand outs.

I favor Red Ales probably the most.
Bells Amber Ale is a pretty decent representation.
There is certainly better, but I don't like paying nearly $5 a bottle for only marginally better.
AmberAle_736px-1.png

Owned by AB Inbev... but it is one of only four IPAs I've found that I like. The other's all come from Bell's Brewery... Two Hearted, Double Two Hearted, and Dark Hearted IPA. The Doubled Hearted isn't available all the time and the Dark Hearted has been retired.

I lean to brown ales, stouts, and porters.

The best brown ale I have found is Moose Drool out of Missoula Montana, unfortunately I can not buy it in my area... fuck you very much you purveyors of piss water - Moosehead. I have found one or two decent substitutes...

The local breweries here are doing some really good work... Holy City Pluff Mud Porter and Edmund's Oast Leather Jacket Stout are stand outs.
Didn't know Elysian was InBev. Thanks for that. I like Moose Drool too. We have it in the stores here.

Forum List

Back