Piers Morgan interviews Ahmadinejad on CNN

I've got it set to come on....i can't stand Morgan, and this whole interview should pretty well piss me off, but i guess i'm a glutten for punishment! In the meantime, i'll finish watching THE VOICE. Best show on!!! :)

I've got it set to come on....i can't stand Morgan, and this whole interview should pretty well piss me off, but i guess i'm a glutten for punishment! In the meantime, i'll finish watching THE VOICE. Best show on!!! :)

I'm not sure who I hate more, Piers or Ahmadinejad lol.

Have noticed Ahamdinejad is a Soviet at heart.

He forgets that we dealt with the Stalinists all through the Cold War...

... and look what happened to their non-cooperative, obfuscating, evasionist society...

... obviously he has failed to learn from their mistake.

What a dolt.
:rolleyes:

The only reason a journalist (or conversely, a "pundit") would want to interview this guy (or any other zealot with power) is for the event to be a feather in their political cap, a resume enhancer. Everyone knows he's lying about pretty much everything.

It's like trying to have an honest conversation with an American partisan ideologue. You know they're just playing games, and it can be a little insulting to the intelligence. Not worth much effort.

Piers Morgan is actually a brilliant interviewer IMO...very intelligent and insightful.

220px-Piers_Morgan_-_2011_cropped.jpg

Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

On Wednesday evening, Piers Morgan sat down with "New York Times" columnist Nicholas Kristof who gave his feedback on Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's address to the U.N. General Assembly. "I think that he has been under pressure at home, frankly, for this wackiness. A lot of Iranians are just embarrassed," surmised Kristof regarding Ahmadinejad's unusually "more reasonable" speech as described by Morgan.

"And he's almost out of time," continued Kristof. "He'll be out of office in a year from now. He's also - he's losing power within the country. So I think he's a declining force.

Clips From Last Night: Nicholas Kristof on Ahmadinejad and Nate Silver on the U.S. presidential election – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Ahmadinejad's speech took place on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish year. The Israeli delegation was not present while the Iranian leader spoke.

The U.S. delegation also was not present. A spokeswoman for the U.S. mission said it decided not to attend the speech because Ahmadinejad was using his trip to "spout paranoid theories and repulsive slurs against Israel."

At U.N., Ahmadinejad Lays Out Vision Of New World Order : The Two-Way : NPR

Statement by Erin Pelton, Spokesperson, U.S. Mission to the United Nations, September 26, 2012

Ahmadinejad's speech took place on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish year. The Israeli delegation was not present while the Iranian leader spoke.

The U.S. delegation also was not present. A spokeswoman for the U.S. mission said it decided not to attend the speech because Ahmadinejad was using his trip to "spout paranoid theories and repulsive slurs against Israel."

At U.N., Ahmadinejad Lays Out Vision Of New World Order : The Two-Way : NPR

Statement by Erin Pelton, Spokesperson, U.S. Mission to the United Nations, September 26, 2012

In something of a swan song, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad used his eighth — and likely final — appearance before the U.N. General Assembly to elaborate on his vision of a new world order and criticize what he calls the world's "hegemonic" and "expansionist" powers.

In general, the Iranian leader took a less confrontational tone than in previous years.

Unlike last year, for example, when he characterized the Sept. 11 attacks as "mysterious" and a "pretext [for the U.S.] to attack Afghanistan and Iraq," Ahmadinejad this year referred to the "tragic incident of Sept. 11" and described Osama bin Laden as "the culprit."

Update at 12:01 p.m. ET. Iran Under Threat

Forum List

Back