Pie Wars

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Pies made in Britain will be banned from export to the EU if their ingredients do not come from an “approved” farm or factory, trade experts have warned MPs.

A new Brussels food safety regulation – to come into force in March next year – is alarming companies that fear Brexit will impose further barriers to sales, an inquiry heard.

Another casualty of the disastorous Brexit farce. It is shit on so many levels. The citizens of the EU would like to know where there food comes from. The UK has been desperately signin deals with the likes of Australia where they inject their livestock with all sorts of shit.

Its probably not a huge hit to the country economy but it will hit home in Northern Ireland which is considered to be a nominalpart of the EU under the Brexit deal. British producers will need to jump through many hoops in order to sell UK pies to the province and many will think its not worth the bother.

Pies are an important part of British life and this may be a step too far for the proddy population. I do have some sympathy with them on this matter.

A great example of "taking back control" after the lying brexit campaign.

Why would anyone in the EU want a British pie? ... that doesn't make sense ... the British are world famous as being the worst cooks alive ... I can see why using stuff usually considered "human food" in the EU is a requirement ... and why British pies are banned ... unless they can document only "human food" went into the pie in question ...

If I lived in Croatia ... I'd be eating French pies ... just saying ...

the British are world famous as being the worst cooks alive ...

gordon-ramsay-768x432.jpg

Don't let Gordon hear you say that, he'll kick your ass!

Its probably not a huge hit to the country economy but it will hit home in Northern Ireland which is considered to be a nominalpart of the EU under the Brexit deal. British producers will need to jump through many hoops in order to sell UK pies to the province and many will think its not worth the bother
My bet is there won't be a real border in the Irish Sea.

Pies made in Britain will be banned from export to the EU if their ingredients do not come from an “approved” farm or factory, trade experts have warned MPs.

A new Brussels food safety regulation – to come into force in March next year – is alarming companies that fear Brexit will impose further barriers to sales, an inquiry heard.

Another casualty of the disastorous Brexit farce. It is shit on so many levels. The citizens of the EU would like to know where there food comes from. The UK has been desperately signin deals with the likes of Australia where they inject their livestock with all sorts of shit.

Its probably not a huge hit to the country economy but it will hit home in Northern Ireland which is considered to be a nominalpart of the EU under the Brexit deal. British producers will need to jump through many hoops in order to sell UK pies to the province and many will think its not worth the bother.

Pies are an important part of British life and this may be a step too far for the proddy population. I do have some sympathy with them on this matter.

The Welsh voted to leave the EU. Funny because Wales was receiving huge sums of welfare from the EU.

Now that the English have failed to compensate Wales for their loss and the welfare is drying up, Wales is returning to the poverty stricken dump it once was.

Get a job Tommy and stop relying on welfare.

"The £373 million lost by Wales is more than double that of Scotland (£125m) and most of the English regions that have previously received European Union support."

"Labour say the figures, which show more than £1 billion lost, ‘make a mockery’ of the UK Government’s claims to be ‘levelling up’ the UK."

Why would anyone in the EU want a British pie? ... that doesn't make sense ... the British are world famous as being the worst cooks alive ... I can see why using stuff usually considered "human food" in the EU is a requirement ... and why British pies are banned ... unless they can document only "human food" went into the pie in question ...

legend has it during WW2 when Great Britain faced the onslaught from German U boats ..... they fell dangerously short of sea going mines to protect the coast line. Immediately one day at the brunch table while on her second slice, the Queen herself came up with a grand plan. From there on, the Brits lined the English Channel with British Pies..... they took out more of the German navy with those puppies than at any other time of the war..... and any German survivors who came into contact WITH a British Pie.... swam straight to the bottom of the channel for safety.

True Story!!!

Northern Ireland is in the EU as part of the Brexit deal.Their access to British pie is now under threat. Nobody wants fancy french pie with their chips and gravy. Its perverse.

It must go somewhere. Where do you suggest ?
Well, basically nowhere certainly. I think the British will be sending the bulk of their goods to NI without any customs procedures and allow the goods from the Republic go freely to the North.

I doubt the Republic will dare to impose strict control on the border as the response. As to the EU, it will impose some retaliatory measures on British goods, but after all the UK and the EU countries are WTO members, so their response will also be limited to its rules.

legend has it during WW2 when Great Britain faced the onslaught from German U boats ..... they fell dangerously short of sea going mines to protect the coast line. Immediately one day at the brunch table while on her second slice, the Queen herself came up with a grand plan. From there on, the Brits lined the English Channel with British Pies..... they took out more of the German navy with those puppies than at any other time of the war..... and any German survivors who came into contact WITH a British Pie.... swam straight to the bottom of the channel for safety.

True Story!!!

I think you're confusing that with the Franco-Prussian War ... Marie Antoinette was told that the French Navy wasn't receiving enough ammunition so she was quoted as saying they should use cake ... instead ...

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

The top ten British pies.

The Top 10 British Pies - British Corner Shop

Britain did absolutely the right thing leaving the EU and no longer being governed by Brussels...taking back control of its own country/ries.
Open borders...with terrorists waltzing into Britain from the EU...baaah!

EU won't buy British pies?
No worries, tell em to stick their European cars up their French pies and German beer festivals.
Japanese cars are better anyway, and Japan has joined the coalition to stand against China, unlike it seems has the EU, whom Britain and Australia fought to save from Germany.

No 'mad cow' in Aussie cattle.

Last edited:
Tainted Tommy would obviously prefer that he and his countrymen be ruled over by a distant, unaccountable government that has no allegiance to his nation nor to the inhabitants thereof; rather than have a more local government, that is better able to represent him and his countrymen and is accountable thereto.

He wishes that the EU would oppress him, and rule over him, the same way that he wishes that his nation was able to rule over and oppress us Americans, as it once tried to do, and for which it got its ass seriously kicked, twice.

The top ten British pies.

The Top 10 British Pies - British Corner Shop

Britain did absolutely the right thing leaving the EU and no longer being governed by Brussels...taking back control of its own country/ries.
Open borders...with terrorists waltzing into Britain from the EU...baaah!

EU won't buy British pies?
No worries, tell em to stick their European cars up their French pies and German beer festivals.
Japanese cars are better anyway, and Japan has joined the coalition to stand against China, unlike it seems has the EU, whom Britain and Australia fought to save from Germany.

No 'mad cow' in Aussie cattle.
Your post is a throwback to the drivel spouted in 2016. Thanks for that , it made me chuckle.

Forum List

Back