Picking the Right Jury

musicman

Mar 3, 2004
Ohio
Tom gets a telephone call in the middle of the night. It's his baby brother, Bill. Bill says, "I need your help, Tom. I'm in jail".

Tom: "No problem, brother. I'm on my way".

Bill: "Don't worry about coming down right now. The judge will set bail at 9:30 tomorrow morning. What I need you to do is find me an attorney ".

Tom: "Okay. What's the charge?"

Bill: "I'm charged with having sexual relations with a goat in public".

Tom: "Christ, Bill. Okay, I'll see you in the morning".

Tom bails Bill out the next morning. He says, " I've narrowed it down to two choices. One is the greatest legal mind in the state. The other is not nearly that bright, but he's a genius at picking juries".

Bill says, "Get me the second guy".

The trial begins. The prosecutor call his first witness, a sweet little old lady. She slowly makes her way up to the stand.

Gently, the prosecutor asks her:

"Mrs. Jones, can you tell the court what you saw on the morning of the fifteenth?"

Mrs. Jones answers, tearfully:

"I was on my way to church, when I saw that man (pointing to Bill), out in his yard, having sexual relations with a goat".

The prosecutor asks:

"Mrs. Jones, I know this is difficult-but can you tell the court what else you saw?"

Stifling a sob, Mrs Jones answers:

"As I was coming home form church, I saw the goat licking that same man's genitals".

The judge blanches. An audible gasp is heard from the spectators.

One juror turns to another and whispers, " You know, a good goat would do that".

Forum List

Back