Physicists Just Achieved The First-Ever Quantum Teleportation Between Computer Chips, information passed between chips

So why exactly is it that so many are denying these breakthroughs and flat out claiming that no information can and is being sent using entangled particles?

There may be a confusion between transferring information versus communication. No information exists in simple entangled particles since both are in an indeterminate state (a superposition of two possible states.) Measuring the state of one particle immediately fixes the state of the other particle. In that sense particle state information transfer is instantaneous.

Suppose you want to communicate instantly to Bob going to Alpha Centauri. You start out by entangling a particle pair. Then send one particle to Alpha Centauri with Bob. You want Bob to instantly tell you if he has enough fuel to get back. Particle spin +1 means “yes” spin -1 means “no”.

In order to communicate a specific state, +1 or -1 Bob has to force his particle's entangled state to the one that is consistent with the message he wants to send. The act of forcing the particle's state causes decoherence – Bob's particle state is what he wants, but your particle state is still a superposition of the two states – no information is communicated.

Summary:
Simply measuring one particle's state changes the other particle's state – both states are opposite (because of entanglement) but a random message is instantaneously sent.

Bob's can force his particle's state, but entanglement is aborted and leaves your state indeterminate.

The teleportation of a qubit is not new, but doing it on a single chip is a great technological achievement. Thank you.

The long answer:
The Real Reasons Quantum Entanglement Doesn't Allow Faster-Than-Light Communication
The only confusion is yours as communication is the transfer of information, this is true no matter what the medium used for the transfer such as amplitude or frequency modulation radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible light, fiber optic, sound frequency's or digital info carried via any of these mediums. When computers consisted of mountains of vacuum tubes they were inefficient and cumbersome, yet with the conglomeration of minds that saw the potential if the tubes could be shrunk, the modern microchip was born. You lack the required vision to move ahead as you persist in using the words can't be measured and you believe in arbitrary speed limits set by a man incapable of combing his own hair and who never in his entire life did a single experiment which is why Hubble destroyed Einsteins ignorant hypothesis that the universe was not expanding. Hubble experimented with and came to a different conclusion the newest measurements have entire galaxies moving at 5 times light speed something that you again say can't be happening.

Well there is no can't be with the universe, because there is no definition of what the universe is, where it came from or where it is going, all we have are observations that do not match with any set of physical values whatever. The same is true of quantum entanglement which is currently in a similar state as what tubes were in the 40's and 50's. Do you think you could get a job saying that it can't be done?

You stay there canting your life away, I'm still moving ahead and not slowing for squat
Your response is a Gish Gallop of non-sequitur. If you don't want to stick with the laws of physics then yes, you can dream of wondrous universes with new laws of physics that can do anything you want. Everyone will have ESP and can be beamed to Alpha Centauri on weekends. To me those sorts of dreams are cheap. The manifestations of the dreams are where the glory is.

Your OP gives a small step in the manifestation of computers that will leap frog Moore's Law. That's great. I am talking about what we can do right now with entanglement, not some dream of what we may do with unknown new laws of physics. You seem to turn every science topic to your dream land and not to where we are going right now. Right now FTL communication is not possible with what we have. Period.

Your ideas would be better respected if you would understand the dividing line between dreams and current realities, and not launch caustic attacks on people concerned with the manifestations of future technology.

So why exactly is it that so many are denying these breakthroughs and flat out claiming that no information can and is being sent using entangled particles?

There may be a confusion between transferring information versus communication. No information exists in simple entangled particles since both are in an indeterminate state (a superposition of two possible states.) Measuring the state of one particle immediately fixes the state of the other particle. In that sense particle state information transfer is instantaneous.

Suppose you want to communicate instantly to Bob going to Alpha Centauri. You start out by entangling a particle pair. Then send one particle to Alpha Centauri with Bob. You want Bob to instantly tell you if he has enough fuel to get back. Particle spin +1 means “yes” spin -1 means “no”.

In order to communicate a specific state, +1 or -1 Bob has to force his particle's entangled state to the one that is consistent with the message he wants to send. The act of forcing the particle's state causes decoherence – Bob's particle state is what he wants, but your particle state is still a superposition of the two states – no information is communicated.

Summary:
Simply measuring one particle's state changes the other particle's state – both states are opposite (because of entanglement) but a random message is instantaneously sent.

Bob's can force his particle's state, but entanglement is aborted and leaves your state indeterminate.

The teleportation of a qubit is not new, but doing it on a single chip is a great technological achievement. Thank you.

The long answer:
The Real Reasons Quantum Entanglement Doesn't Allow Faster-Than-Light Communication

This is stuff you said last year, but it's been solved before last year.

Evolutionists are usually wrong.

Summary:

The long answer:
The only confusion is yours as communication is the transfer of information, this is true no matter what the medium used for the transfer such as amplitude or frequency modulation radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible light, fiber optic, sound frequency's or digital info carried via any of these mediums. When computers consisted of mountains of vacuum tubes they were inefficient and cumbersome, yet with the conglomeration of minds that saw the potential if the tubes could be shrunk, the modern microchip was born. You lack the required vision to move ahead as you persist in using the words can't be measured and you believe in arbitrary speed limits set by a man incapable of combing his own hair and who never in his entire life did a single experiment which is why Hubble destroyed Einsteins ignorant hypothesis that the universe was not expanding. Hubble experimented with and came to a different conclusion the newest measurements have entire galaxies moving at 5 times light speed something that you again say can't be happening.

Well there is no can't be with the universe, because there is no definition of what the universe is, where it came from or where it is going, all we have are observations that do not match with any set of physical values whatever. The same is true of quantum entanglement which is currently in a similar state as what tubes were in the 40's and 50's. Do you think you could get a job saying that it can't be done?

You stay there canting your life away, I'm still moving ahead and not slowing for squat
Your response is a Gish Gallop of non-sequitur. If you don't want to stick with the laws of physics then yes, you can dream of wondrous universes with new laws of physics that can do anything you want. Everyone will have ESP and can be beamed to Alpha Centauri on weekends. To me those sorts of dreams are cheap. The manifestations of the dreams are where the glory is.

Your OP gives a small step in the manifestation of computers that will leap frog Moore's Law. That's great. I am talking about what we can do right now with entanglement, not some dream of what we may do with unknown new laws of physics. You seem to turn every science topic to your dream land and not to where we are going right now. Right now FTL communication is not possible with what we have. Period.

Your ideas would be better respected if you would understand the dividing line between dreams and current realities, and not launch caustic attacks on people concerned with the manifestations of future technology.
The laws of physics as understood now do not permit for galaxies traveling faster than light, yet the observations show exactly this which has some physicist such as Tyson questioning the real universe in favor of a simulation. So traditional physics requires 85 percent more mass and energy in the universe than there is, so the longer dark and mysterious matter remains missing the longer it exist only as the product of a totally flawed equation.

Moors law does not exist as it is really a business related postulate that so far has held correct. Google announced Wednesday it designed a machine that would take only 200 seconds to solve a problem that the world's fastest computer would need 10,000 years to compute. ... Quantum computers have been touted as a way to solve problems that the Earth currently does not have enough computational power to tackle. That said quantum computers do not necessarily imply entangled communications.

I am positive that you would have laughed at Von Brauns thesis where he said that it should be possible to shoot the moon.

Von Braun, unlike you was a man who refused to take the easy way out and say it can't be done.

Summary:

The long answer:

This is stuff you said last year, but it's been solved before last year.

Evolutionists are usually wrong.
Everything evolves including Gods best work which can evolve or re-evolve to any quasi Earth like planet or transport vehicle anywhere, if one dares try

Last edited:
The laws of physics as understood now do not permit for galaxies traveling faster than light, yet the observations show exactly this which has some physicist such as Tyson questioning the real universe in favor of a simulation. So traditional physics requires 85 percent more mass and energy in the universe than there is, so the longer dark and mysterious matter remains missing the longer it exist only as the product of a totally flawed equation.

Moors law does not exist as it is really a business related postulate that so far has held correct. Google announced Wednesday it designed a machine that would take only 200 seconds to solve a problem that the world's fastest computer would need 10,000 years to compute. ... Quantum computers have been touted as a way to solve problems that the Earth currently does not have enough computational power to tackle. That said quantum computers do not necessarily imply entangled communications.

I am positive that you would have laughed at Von Brauns thesis where he said that it should be possible to shoot the moon.

Von Braun, unlike you was a man who refused to take the easy way out and say it can't be done.
Space is expanding. We knew about inflation a few decades ago. Yes it leaves early galaxies out of sight.

Of course Moore's law is just a heuristic model.

Yes, I know what quantum computers do. I don't see your point in bringing that up.

Von Braun solved technical problems that did not require new ideas in quantum theory.

Thanks for the little chat.

Space is expanding. We knew about inflation a few decades ago. Yes it leaves early galaxies out of sight.

Of course Moore's law is just a heuristic model.

Yes, I know what quantum computers do. I don't see your point in bringing that up.

Von Braun solved technical problems that did not require new ideas in quantum theory.

Thanks for the little chat.
Quantum entanglement communication impossible 740,000 results on Google

Quantum entanglement communication possible 1,950,000 results on Google

Are you going to invest in the past of can't or the future that will?

I was told I couldn't once, heck I even believed it for about 20 minutes

True story I could tell you, but you know the protocol, I would have to kill you

And you are way too funny to off

So in general terms how much faster would a quantum computer be?

What would be some other projected benefits of a quantum computer?
This is not really about quantum computers at this point, we are at the same point now as we were when a single vacuum tube was a single transistor. So there is no way to truly know what the future holds, especially since quantum properties seem to run in the face of conventional physics. The things being done are threatening to upend as much science as they open. Speed may actually be inconsequential if one can move backwards or forwards at will. I have often said that our future is our past, this may be about to unfold
are you saying that info was transferred instantly from one object to another ? if thats what you are saying then it is also outside of what we know about time and space ! that would be a big big deal !
Some are saying the transfer or entanglement is in fact instant with no wires needed. Others say they have measured a speed of 10000 times light speed or 10,000 * 186,000 miles per second or 1,860,000,000 miles per second which for all points on planet Earth is effectively instant to any human observer. Yes you are correct, scientist are in agreement that observations are contrary to some or all of established physics. Some researchers are now even questioning the existence of the universe because mathematically Newtons and Einsteins gravitational models are impossible.
i may be wrong but its my understanding that scientist arent really sure what gravity really is or something like that .

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chador...doesnt-allow-faster-than-light-communication/
quantum entanglement communication impossible - Google Search
quantum entanglement communication possible - Google Search

True story I could tell you, but you know the protocol, I would have to kill you

Ah, a careful choice of key words. I agree that quantum entanglement communication is possible since it is used to demonstrate hack free communication. However, I looked at the first dozen sites that came from your robust scientific search.

9 sites said FTL communication is not possible. (contrary to what you think.)
2 sites are not applicable to the subject.
1 site thought it was possible. (a science writer; some science writers think that.)

My argument is that the use of entanglement will not lead to faster than light communication. You used key words that were not relevant to the FTL issue.

My search may be different than yours because I use duckduckgo.com search engine. It does not bias searches using previous tracked information. I also disabled all tracking on Google. I want unbiased results for searches rather than confirmation bias based on previous searches. Everybody should do that; but they don't.

i may be wrong but its my understanding that scientist arent really sure what gravity really is or something like that .
Scientists can only know computational models in physics. These are successful except on the galactic scale and larger. Things like what gravity "really is" falls under metaphysics. Science often does answer the metaphysical questions with new theories, but they are left with a new metaphysical level to ponder.

Scientists can only know computational models in physics. These are successful except on the galactic scale and larger. Things like what gravity "really is" falls under metaphysics. Science often does answer the metaphysical questions with new theories, but they are left with a new metaphysical level to ponder.

No it doesn't. We don't understand gravity because we haven't made the instruments necessary to help define it.

Claiming it is the realm of meta physics is a cop out.

quantum entanglement communication impossible - Google Search
quantum entanglement communication possible - Google Search

Ah, a careful choice of key words. I agree that quantum entanglement communication is possible since it is used to demonstrate hack free communication. However, I looked at the first dozen sites that came from your robust scientific search.

9 sites said FTL communication is not possible. (contrary to what you think.)
2 sites are not applicable to the subject.
1 site thought it was possible. (a science writer; some science writers think that.)

My argument is that the use of entanglement will not lead to faster than light communication. You used key words that were not relevant to the FTL issue.

My search may be different than yours because I use duckduckgo.com search engine. It does not bias searches using previous tracked information. I also disabled all tracking on Google. I want unbiased results for searches rather than confirmation bias based on previous searches. Everybody should do that; but they don't.
Now you agree that I am correct that quantum entangled communication is possible and happening after claiming how many times that it is impossible.

Everyone sees it my way eventually, not that they are all happy when they do.

Again the speed of entanglement ranges from instant which is a time not really compatible with human thought processes, to 10,000 times light speed which for any 2 points on Earth is effectively instant anyway. Since entangled info has already been sent and received faster than light communication is already achieved.

I could play Hubble and you could play Einstein and be wrong about expansion and admit your blunder, as you just did

Hubble%2BEinstein.jpg

So in general terms how much faster would a quantum computer be?

What would be some other projected benefits of a quantum computer?
This is not really about quantum computers at this point, we are at the same point now as we were when a single vacuum tube was a single transistor. So there is no way to truly know what the future holds, especially since quantum properties seem to run in the face of conventional physics. The things being done are threatening to upend as much science as they open. Speed may actually be inconsequential if one can move backwards or forwards at will. I have often said that our future is our past, this may be about to unfold
are you saying that info was transferred instantly from one object to another ? if thats what you are saying then it is also outside of what we know about time and space ! that would be a big big deal !
Some are saying the transfer or entanglement is in fact instant with no wires needed. Others say they have measured a speed of 10000 times light speed or 10,000 * 186,000 miles per second or 1,860,000,000 miles per second which for all points on planet Earth is effectively instant to any human observer. Yes you are correct, scientist are in agreement that observations are contrary to some or all of established physics. Some researchers are now even questioning the existence of the universe because mathematically Newtons and Einsteins gravitational models are impossible.
Gravity is predictable, but yes it is not fully understood, especially when scaled up to universal size it fails to be powerful enough to be creating the increasing expansion speeds now observed, this is the reason that dark matter was created. It's actually sad that physicist believe that everything is correct when nothing adds up in any way. Dark matter is actually an extra number added out of no where to make an equation work, imagine if you did that on an exam adding another number that made the product correct. LOL you would fail, might even get expelled

Now you agree that I am correct that quantum entangled communication is possible and happening after claiming how many times that it is impossible.

Again the speed of entanglement ranges from instant which is a time not really compatible with human thought processes, to 10,000 times light speed which for any 2 points on Earth is effectively instant anyway. Since entangled info has already been sent and received faster than light communication is already achieved.

I could play Hubble and you could play Einstein and be wrong about expansion and admit your blunder
You got things backwards. I always knew communication with entanglement has been done with many experiments over the past years, and I always knew the communication was never faster than light. You thought communication with entanglement was faster than light. I'm glad you now admit your blunder.

The Chinese satellite experiment tried to verify that the entangled state was changed instantaneously. Their measurement said it was at least 10,000 times faster than lightspeed. The reason that it was not published as infinitely fast is because of the finite instrument resolution. The instrument resolution put a lower, not an upper limit on entanglement state change.

No it doesn't. We don't understand gravity because we haven't made the instruments necessary to help define it.

Claiming it is the realm of meta physics is a cop out.
I disagree. Instruments don't define a physical concept. They are used to gather data. The most useful instruments to that end are telescopes that record effects of gravity on celestial motions.

I could play Hubble and you could play Einstein and be wrong about expansion and admit your blunder
You got things backwards. I always knew communication with entanglement has been done with many experiments over the past years, and I always knew the communication was never faster than light. You thought communication with entanglement was faster than light. I'm glad you now admit your blunder.

The Chinese satellite experiment tried to verify that the entangled state was changed instantaneously. Their measurement said it was at least 10,000 times faster than lightspeed. The reason that it was not published as infinitely fast is because of the finite instrument resolution. The instrument resolution put a lower, not an upper limit on entanglement state change.

Again everyone sees it my way eventually, though my record for making people like you happy is actually pretty poor which suits me and mine just fine.

Again any entangled communication is faster than light, in fact it may be instant which upends physics. All you really need for communication anyway is a single entanglement. No entanglement means no, an entanglement means yes, or no entanglement stay, or entanglement launch

Rather simple actually

Without all that crap of above, with a simple home made experiment I can prove without doubt that you observe the entire universe in its current and present status.

I discovered the Law of Perception which rules that we and our instruments perceive the universe in its present only.

This is telling you that regardless of distance and without the need of considering any speed for light, you are receiving the present information of what is happenming right now in the cosmos from any place of the universe.

With this Law of Perception, the superfluous idea that we observe galaxies as they were in their past, is a debunked idea invented because ignorance.

I can see that finally my great discovery is being backed up. This Law I discovered was also registered for copyrights at the Library of Congress.
You discovered that observing instruments only observe the present.

If um you um say um so..............um

I invented an external quick swap hard drive once, you should have seen it, made with the old erector set that my Dad bought me as a kid, pulled it out of the attic and proceeded to make everyone happy, I miss those old IDE cables

!

Last edited:

Again everyone sees it my way eventually, though my record for making people like you happy is actually pretty poor which suits me and mine just fine.

Again any entangled communication is faster than light, in fact it may be instant which upends physics. All you really need for communication anyway is a single entanglement. No entanglement means no, an entanglement means yes, or no entanglement stay, or entanglement launch

Rather simple actually
You now think Bob on Alpha-Centuri can answer a question for Alice on earth instantly and not 4.4 years?? Now I'm really disappointed in you. The science is so clear, and yet...

Rather simple actually
You now think Bob on Alpha-Centuri can answer a question for Alice on earth instantly and not 4.4 years?? Now I'm really disappointed in you. The science is so clear, and yet...

Not clear as of yet, all in due time though.

Alpha and Proxima Centauri are only referenced because they are the closest stars to Earth. Proxima actually orbits closer to the Earth. That said the closest star has no real implications as planetary systems are more favorable unless we can invent an orbital craft to position near a random star that is safe, dependable and habitable, then another star might matter, however if we can do that we could orbit the current star and leave all the useless dog eaters behind

LOL how would one entangle a star better yet wouldn't Bob get a sunburn on Alpha Centauri

he he he

Pretend away

Last edited:

Forum List

Back