Philly Sports- the Dynasty for the next ten Years

All the teams are set up nice for at least a decade or so.
Flyers prospect pool depth at defense and Goalie are already shutting teams down,
Eagles seem to have found the franchise Quarterback, drafted well, and replenished their draft picks. Sixers will be an unusually tall big muscle rebounding machine even in the usual small positions. They will literally run over small ball teams.
They have exciting gifted talent and depth, and perfect set up to draft their one need next year. Phillies starter and rookies pool looks promising & have no payroll and can spend on free agency right as superstars come available the next 2 years and enough money to fill any gaps with vets.
Don't let the Phills record fool you, most of the season was wasted to picking up free talent in the rule 5 draft that were not ready for the pros, which means they were forced being used or they'd had to surrender them back.

It don't matter if the cubs win the world series this year the world will go on fire...

You said
Yesterday at 5:25 PM
the Eagles haven't played anyone
then began to call me stupid while you changed your words later to "away" team
(which we play better against).
Seems to me you Dallas fans have short term memories and fly off the cuff real easy for reasons us civilized folk without chewing tobacco in our mouths don't seem to understand. :p

Catcher: Rupp - Alfaro challenge
1rst: Joseph 2018 challenge Hoskins
2nd: Hernandez 2018 challenge Kingery
3rd Franco
SS Galvis 2018 challenge Crawford
OF Alther/Herrera/Quinn challengers Williams/Randolph/Cozens/Moniak/Goeddel

P Eickhof/Nola/Velasquez/Thompson/Eflin 2017 challengers Ascher/Morgan/Appel
BP Neris and a fluid mess

About half the Phillies team are place holders who can try to hang on for the next couple of years. 2018 or more realistically 2019 are when they should consolidate and become contenders. They should stay out of the free agent market until the end of next year to see what develops. They will probably need an outfielder with a good OBP. a starter and BP help.

Last edited:
Not enough power in the OF until 2 years from now. We have guys we can't protect, so we might have to trade for a 1-2 year rental vet. Trade excess pitchers like
David Buchanan and excess non power hitting OF prospects or 3rd baseman Asche for a tripple A power hitter or an aging power hitting vet with 1 year left on contract or who's over paid that a team needs to unload.
Wish they would sign Hellickson which could be used for a trade asset next year if we fall out of contention.
Is Morton still on contract and coming back?

You said
Seems to me you Dallas fans have short term memories and fly off the cuff real easy for reasons us civilized folk without chewing tobacco in our mouths don't seem to understand. :p

So because the eagles beat Pittsburgh that means they won't ever lose again

I see you one of those stupid mutherfuckers

Eagles are off to a quick start but I'm not drinking that koolaid yet. And I wouldn't get too excited about the Phillies and Sixers.

SF Giants and GS Warriors have won championships recently. The Niners are hopeless but the Raiders have a chance to complete the Bay Area trifecta of domination. I don't care about hockey or the Sharks even tho they made it to the finals.

3rd Franco

About half the Phillies team are place holders who can try to hang on for the next couple of years. 2018 or more realistically 2019 are when they should consolidate and become contenders. They should stay out of the free agent market until the end of next year to see what develops. They will probably need an outfielder with a good OBP. a starter and BP help.
This years free agent class is deep though. I wouldn't sit it out if there's someone you have to have

3rd Franco

This years free agent class is deep though. I wouldn't sit it out if there's someone you have to have
That's kinda the point. The Phillies don't yet know what they have and don't have. They can wait a year to see what develops as they have prospects everywhere and are not going to be in contention next year anyway.

Not enough power in the OF until 2 years from now. We have guys we can't protect, so we might have to trade for a 1-2 year rental vet. Trade excess pitchers like
David Buchanan and excess non power hitting OF prospects or 3rd baseman Asche for a tripple A power hitter or an aging power hitting vet with 1 year left on contract or who's over paid that a team needs to unload.
Wish they would sign Hellickson which could be used for a trade asset next year if we fall out of contention.
Is Morton still on contract and coming back?
I believe Asche is a free agent and none of those guys will bring in much. Morton and Hellickson likely won't be coming back. Save money and kick in a year down the road.

You said

So because the eagles beat Pittsburgh that means they won't ever lose again

I see you one of those stupid mutherfuckers

Ironic choice of words for a guy who lives in Phluffya and yet prances around in a Cowgirls logo. :gay:

3rd Franco

Moniak? He just got signed, what's the rush?
Goeddel really didn't impress overall. Not sure he's ready for the Show. Randolph, haven't seen him at all, I think he's a ways away too.

I love the energy Quinn showed in his brief cuppa coffee, but wtf is up with all the incessant injuries. Figure out that and get Altherr to hit with consistency, and the OF is set. Although I do want to see both Cozens and Hoskins.

Might be a good idea to resign Hellickson if possible, not as trade bait (what's the point?) but as a veteran stabilizer. If not Hellickson somebody similar, because everybody else is fairly green. Eickoff rocks. How far off is Lively?

Biggest need in the offseason is bullpen. Outside of Neris it was lucky to run on fumes much of the year. And say, what ever happened to Hinojosa? Takes a line drive off a finger and he's never seen or heard from again? :wtf:

3rd Franco

That's kinda the point. The Phillies don't yet know what they have and don't have. They can wait a year to see what develops as they have prospects everywhere and are not going to be in contention next year anyway.
I was wrong anyway. It's next year that's gonna be deep. Maybe the biggest free agent class we've seen in a long time.

Goeddel gets a pass, because he was only a double A player who's only reason for being up was as a rule 5 draft free snag of talent.
He did show flashes for a stretch, but still we need power hitters in the OF.
He'll probably go to tripple A next year till he shows something at that level.
Anyone have a list of winter league players?

Never mind, I did my own research and so far:
Knapp and Cozens are set to play in the Dominican for Aguilas Cibaenas.
Alec Asher (who started the season with an injury thus had a short season) &
Rhys Hoskins are playing for Gigantes. Tommy Joseph(to work on some stuff) with Leones and Logan Moore with Licey.
Josh Tobias is headed to Colombia.
Jorge Alfaro is listed on the
La Guaira roster.
Cornelius Randolph is not listed yet, but you'd expect him to play winter ball since he missed playing this year and needs the reps it provides.

3rd Franco

Moniak? He just got signed, what's the rush?
Goeddel really didn't impress overall. Not sure he's ready for the Show. Randolph, haven't seen him at all, I think he's a ways away too.

I love the energy Quinn showed in his brief cuppa coffee, but wtf is up with all the incessant injuries. Figure out that and get Altherr to hit with consistency, and the OF is set. Although I do want to see both Cozens and Hoskins.

Might be a good idea to resign Hellickson if possible, not as trade bait (what's the point?) but as a veteran stabilizer. If not Hellickson somebody similar, because everybody else is fairly green. Eickoff rocks. How far off is Lively?

Biggest need in the offseason is bullpen. Outside of Neris it was lucky to run on fumes much of the year. And say, what ever happened to Hinojosa? Takes a line drive off a finger and he's never seen or heard from again? :wtf:
I'm not rushing Moniak, I just mentioned him as a prominent future challenger.

Hellickson had a pretty good year and will be expensive and looking for a long-term contract now that he's 30. I was very impressed with Eickhoff. He has the make up of a solid innings eater, the demeanor of a seasonrd veteran and could easily anchor the starting staff, in my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Goeddel gets a pass, because he was only a double A player who's only reason for being up was as a rule 5 draft free snag of talent.
He did show flashes for a stretch, but still we need power hitters in the OF.
He'll probably go to tripple A next year till he shows something at that level.
Anyone have a list of winter league players?

I agree on Goeddel -- he didn't get a lot of playing time although there was a stretch where he did. He showed some tools, especially the arm, but didn't hit at (for comparison) the Odubel level. That's understandable and may just require seasoning to bring out, but in the event he didn't show what Odubel did. I'm not sure if they have to offer him back if they don't keep him in the upper level, but he needs further development with his hitting. And I heard no more about the concussion -- that thing was absolutely nasty.

Seriously though, if Santa gives me two things I'd take consistent hitting for Altherr (giving him all five tools) and consistent durability for Quinn, and I've got a field that can play with anybody. If Santa gives me only one of those things, I'm already bringing Cozens up (with Hoskins) so I've got a shot to make up for the shortfall. If I get both I might even have an extra outfielder as a bench player initially and as trade bait down the road.

Bench: just found out that Andres Blanco's a free agent. Hope they take care of that. Good solid versatile bench players are not easy to come by. Unreliable ones are too easy --- see Emmanuel Burris, the contemporary version of Mini Mart. He should be the first guy to go, he did nothing but take up space. Didn't see enough out of Jimmy Paredes to justify keeping him around either. Jury's out on Darin Ruf. He's on, he's off --- but he's not given a consistent window either. If he needs that consistent play time to perform then he might not work out as a reserve. He could be worth holding in case none of the outfield scenaria work out. But between Herrera, Quinn, Altherr, Cozens, possibly Ruf, possibly Williams, I think there's a field to be had that can produce at the plate, with the weak link being Freddy and the only remaining question mark being whether Alfaro is ready to step in as a backup and maybe even future number one.

-- which means all the remaining focus should be on pitching.

Was hoping more from Altherr myself this year. Hopefully him and Franco can bounce back.
1 Short term vet OF & 1 SP& 1 reliever and no more Martinez type bench types please.

Forum List

Back