Philly Sports- the Dynasty for the next ten Years

HaShev

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2009
All the teams are set up nice for at least a decade or so.
Flyers prospect pool depth at defense and Goalie are already shutting teams down,
Eagles seem to have found the franchise Quarterback, drafted well, and replenished their draft picks. Sixers will be an unusually tall big muscle rebounding machine even in the usual small positions. They will literally run over small ball teams.
They have exciting gifted talent and depth, and perfect set up to draft their one need next year. Phillies starter and rookies pool looks promising & have no payroll and can spend on free agency right as superstars come available the next 2 years and enough money to fill any gaps with vets.
Don't let the Phills record fool you, most of the season was wasted to picking up free talent in the rule 5 draft that were not ready for the pros, which means they were forced being used or they'd had to surrender them back.

Flyers prospect pool depth at defense and Goalie are already shutting teams down,
Eagles seem to have found the franchise Quarterback, drafted well, and replenished their draft picks. Sixers will be an unusually tall big muscle rebounding machine even in the usual small positions. They will literally run over small ball teams.
They have exciting gifted talent and depth, and perfect set up to draft their one need next year. Phillies starter and rookies pool looks promising & have no payroll and can spend on free agency right as superstars come available the next 2 years and enough money to fill any gaps with vets.
Don't let the Phills record fool you, most of the season was wasted to picking up free talent in the rule 5 draft that were not ready for the pros, which means they were forced being used or they'd had to surrender them back.
But sadly for them, they have to live in Philadelphia :badgrin:

Tyler Goeddel and Daniel Stumpf, that's all I know of this year. Not exactly impact players.
There's talent coming up though. Biggest dilemma will be where to put them all.

Too bad Altherr seems to be a four-tool player.

Biggest issue is power hitting OF (rbi machines) which might be solved in free agency or trade and moving Joseph to the OF.
Double A is stacked, so might be a year from seeing those guys move up or come up during extended rosters.
I told everyone watch for Ascher, he takes 1 year to adjust to each new level, but then he's amazing thereafter, that's expected when rushing these kids through the system.
Last year he struggled tripple A and the majors and this year when he came back from injury he got adjusted well.

Biggest issue is power hitting OF (rbi machines) which might be solved in free agency or trade and moving Joseph to the OF.
Double A is stacked, so might be a year from seeing those guys move up or come up during extended rosters.
I told everyone watch for Ascher, he takes 1 year to adjust to each new level, but then he's amazing thereafter, that's expected when rushing these kids through the system.
Last year he struggled tripple A and the majors and this year when he came back from injury he got adjusted well.

Why do you wanna move Joseph again? To make room for Hoskins? Seems to me the OF is crowded with candidates. So much so that it keeps occurring to me that Odubel used to be a second baseman, if a space needs to be made there.

I think Cozens needs a look, and Quinn's been impressive if he can only stay healthy, and that's not even counting Williams. And to be fair Altherr still deserves to stretch out more to see if he can hit consistently. If he figures that out he's got it all.

More concerned about the pitching, frankly. Again there's a lot of budding talent but there's also been a lot of turnover. And injuries. I like what Asher's been doing, and I liked what Eickoff was doing from as soon as he came up last year.

Williams is probably at least a year away, Joseph would be playing both OF and 1st.
They have a lot of future power options at first, but not enough in the OF.
With all the talent on the farm someone is bound to be ready but picking up a vet free agent will help keep them in the running.
You can't attract free agents unless you are competitive and the best free agents will be available in 2018.

Williams is probably at least a year away, Joseph would be playing both OF and 1st.
They have a lot of future power options at first, but not enough in the OF.
With all the talent on the farm someone is bound to be ready but picking up a vet free agent will help keep them in the running.
You can't attract free agents unless you are competitive and the best free agents will be available in 2018.

Don't you think Cozens is worth at least a look?
Actually I'd like to see Cozens and Hoskins brought up together in tandem, so they continue to play the role of Dynamic Duo.
It's an idea.

I don't really see Asche holding on. He's been put through a lot of upheaval but he oughta be traded to somebody who needs a third baseman and let him go back to that. He could be somebody's Pedro Féliz.

Ben Simmons fractured his foot and will be out at least 2 months

That's where the depth comes in handy,
Saric is similarly creative facilitator-passer from the PF position.
I'm guessing he'll be ready in 4-6 weeks which brings him to miss 2-8 games.
I thought it was just his pinky toe?

COZENS and Hoskens hopefully can continue their domination at the next level.
Phills are cautious with them not to rush them up because they have strikeout ratio issues and don't want to repeat what happened with Ruff who also was a homerun machine at that level.

That's where the depth comes in handy,
Saric is similarly creative facilitator-passer from the PF position.
I'm guessing he'll be ready in 4-6 weeks which brings him to miss 2-8 games.
I thought it was just his pinky toe?
Jones fracture. It's pretty routine. Just a shame he'll be behind now. I was excited to see him play.

And with his new weight and tone it will take a while to adjust his muscle memory on his release. He might shoot over the boards with his new found strength. *L*

Ben simmons is hurt

and the eagles haven't played anyone

U a stupid mutherfucker

*L* Leave it to a jealous Dallas fan to chime in with tolerance and love.
Kiss Romos boo-boo for me!

You do realize that Simmons missing a few games does not affect a decade, and his expected rookie 10 pts is easilly replaced by the Sixers Depth.
Think before you call someone stupid, least you make yourself look bad.

You do realize that Simmons missing a few games does not affect a decade, and his expected rookie 10 pts is easilly replaced by the Sixers Depth.
Think before you call someone stupid, least you make yourself look bad.

Talk to me about Wentz after October

Why,
because your players plan on purposely trying to injure him thus admitting they have no faith in themselves or because your pleseant fans plan on food poisoning him with bad armadillo meat?

Why,
because your players plan on purposely trying to injure him thus admitting they have no faith in themselves or because your pleseant fans plan on food poisoning him with bad armadillo meat?

Because he hasn't played a good team on the road yet

New Topics

Forum List

Back