Philly Sports- the Dynasty for the next ten Years

Was hoping more from Altherr myself this year. Hopefully him and Franco can bounce back.
1 Short term vet OF & 1 SP& 1 reliever and no more Martinez type bench types please.
I agree. The Phillies in fact are a team loaded with utility infielders which at the end of the day are Galvis, Hernandez and Blanco. Franco didn't have the breakout year some of us expected at the end of spring training. Altherr's time was too short as was Quinn's. They'll get another shot.

Rupp and Ellis will start as catchers and give Alfaro some time to work on his plate discipline.

Joseph was the only newcomer position player who delivered and the team desperately needs power, even if it is a right-handed bat at first base.

Asche, Parades, Ruf, Bourjos, Burris and half of the BP are done as Phillies.

Was hoping more from Altherr myself this year. Hopefully him and Franco can bounce back.
1 Short term vet OF & 1 SP& 1 reliever and no more Martinez type bench types please.

Basically agree, although I don't see why we need a vet OF. We've got enough talent as it is, let's not overpopulate.

I'm hoping Altherr can put it together with the fresh start he didn't get this year. That shouldn't have been a factor but maybe winter time off will clear his head sufficiently. Franco has shown signs of maturing into some discipline. I love that he got four singles in the last game. I hope that stays ringing in his head as having value. We put way too much emphasis on the home run as if it's some sort of holy grail, to the detriment of a lot of other and more creative ways to score.

I agree. The Phillies in fact are a team loaded with utility infielders which at the end of the day are Galvis, Hernandez and Blanco. Franco didn't have the breakout year some of us expected at the end of spring training. Altherr's time was too short as was Quinn's. They'll get another shot.

Rupp and Ellis will start as catchers and give Alfaro some time to work on his plate discipline.

Joseph was the only newcomer position player who delivered and the team desperately needs power, even if it is a right-handed bat at first base.

I didn't think Ellis was coming back. Isn't he a free agent?

I didn't think Ellis was coming back. Isn't he a free agent?
I think he is a free agent, but he's cheap and a veteran presence, Alfaro probably isn't ready and he would be perfect on a young team with a young pitching staff

Forum List

Back