Philly fans trying to keep Vick off training field

Petition Calls for Michael Vick to Be Banned from Jets' Training Camp Site | Bleacher Report

Get over it folks! He made a mistake. He paid his due. he has been signed by your team.

GET OVER IT!

Owners of Pitbulls might have a problem with Vick's "paid his due".

People that invest in Michael Vick need to understand what they are getting when they sign contracts with a dog murderer.

You need to talk with the Eagles owners about that.

It's a shame the asshole was allowed back on the field. Says a lot about the NFL, their moralizing is BS. Part of his settlement was to fund a rehab center for his dogs. I saw a show on it, some of them had to be put down they were so deranged with violence, some were marginal and were saved with a lot of effort. One would only crawl around, the bait dog. That isn't just a mistake. A mistake is losing your car keys. I believe you know people best with how they treat animals.

Vick never expressed an iota of empathy or sympathy for the dogs he killed because they were worn out or didn't fight well enough, the dogs he fought, the dog's that had to be put down because they couldn't be fixed - nothing. His only regret was getting caught. His only sympathy was for himself.

He deserves being despised.

Get over it.....:doubt:

Reminder: Michael Vick's Dogs Were Shot, Electrocuted, Hanged and Beaten to Death | Village Voice

...Forgettable baggage, huh? Sounds like now might be a good time to remind Myers, and Jets fans with only a distant memory of the case, of the crimes for which Michael Vick served 21 months in prison.

In addition to plunking down $34,000 to buy the Smithfield, Virginia, property where dozens of dogs were chained to car axles buried in the ground while they fought, sometimes to the death, in front of betting spectators, Vick and his co-defendants admitted to killing at least six (but perhaps as many as eight) dogs who did not display sufficiently aggressive traits during the "testing" process.

Several of those dogs were shot; at least two were were hosed down, then electrocuted. Three dogs were hanged, according to a report by the USDA inspector general, "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 x 4 that was nailed to two trees;" three more dogs were drowned "by putting the dogs' heads in a 5 gallon bucket of water."

Vick, with his partner, Quanis Phillips, killed yet another dog "by slamming it to the ground several times before it died, breaking the dog's back or neck." When another of his dogs was disqualified after jumping out of the ring during a fight, Vick had his associate, Purnell Peace, shoot that dog in the head with a .22 caliber pistol.

When federal officers raided Vick's property in 2007, they rescued 53 pit bulls. They also found nine pit bull carcasses, took samples of two skeletal remains, collected spent shell casings, syringes, and "pieces of plywood flooring and dry wall covered with dark stains believed to be canine blood." (Tests later confirmed, yes, the stains were dog blood.)

No...he didn't just make a mistake.

Petition Calls for Michael Vick to Be Banned from Jets' Training Camp Site | Bleacher Report

Get over it folks! He made a mistake. He paid his due. he has been signed by your team.

GET OVER IT!

What was done cannot be undone.

The only upside to this monster being allowed to play football again is when he gets his ass kicked.

Like this.......
vicked2.gif
....and this...
vick.gif

...and this...
ku-xlarge.gif

Vick never expressed an iota of empathy or sympathy for the dogs he killed because they were worn out or didn't fight well enough, the dogs he fought, the dog's that had to be put down because they couldn't be fixed - nothing. His only regret was getting caught. His only sympathy was for himself.

Nope. You don't have one bit of evidence that is "damn dogs got me in trouble." If I am wrong, post it.

Nope. You don't have one bit of evidence that is "damn dogs got me in trouble." If I am wrong, post it.

I agree.................still it does not mean a thing as far as I am concerned.

Michael Vick: "I Blame Me"

"And the operation, Michael, that you pleaded guilty to bankrolling, to being a part of, engaged in barbarous treatment of the animals - beating them, shooting them, electrocuting them, drowning them. Horrific things, Michael," Brown remarked.

"It's wrong, man," Vick said. "I don't know how many times I gotta tell, I gotta say it. I mean it was wrong.
I feel tremendous hurt behind what happened. And, you know, I should've took the initiative to stop it all. And I didn't. And I feel so bad about that now. And I know that I didn't I didn't step up. I wasn't a leader."

"In any way, for those who may say it showed a lack of moral character because you didn't stop it, you agree or disagree?" Brown asked.

Michael Vick: "I Blame Me" - CBS News

"I agree," Vick said."

Maybe it's that I'm reading the wrong thing into his words or that it is the way he's expressing himself but in those words - I'm not seeing empathy for the animals. I'm seeing I should "I should've took the initiative to stop it all" not "I should have stopped". He "feels tremendous hurt behind what happened" - what is that saying? He feels tremendous hurt at what was directed at him?

I think it's this lack of atonement and regret towards the dogs themselves rather than the situation that makes me think that whatever change there is in his character, he still does not view fighting dogs as living sentient feeling creatures.

Maybe it's that I'm reading the wrong thing into his words or that it is the way he's expressing himself but in those words - I'm not seeing empathy for the animals. I'm seeing I should "I should've took the initiative to stop it all" not "I should have stopped". He "feels tremendous hurt behind what happened" - what is that saying? He feels tremendous hurt at what was directed at him?

I think it's this lack of atonement and regret towards the dogs themselves rather than the situation that makes me think that whatever change there is in his character, he still does not view fighting dogs as living sentient feeling creatures.
Well he does sound a bit like a victim. At what happened means something that happened to you, instead of I'm sorry, I really fucked up, I don't know what I was thinking.

This question was asked and answered: "So for the cynics who will say, 'You know what? I don't know. Michael Vick might be more concerned about the fact that his career was hurt than dogs were hurt,'" Brown asked.

"I mean, football don't even matter," Vick said. "I deserve to lose that because of what I was doing. I deserve to lose the $130 million and, you know, on the flip side, you know, killing dogs or doing the wrong things, why would, you know, he don't deserve it."

Michael Vick: "I Blame Me" - Page 3 - CBS News

I do not believe he should be able to play. I do believe he feels remorse on some level. I do not like him at all. Vick was born into and indoctrinated into a world where dog fighting was the acceptable standard. That is no excuse.

"It's a message Vick says he never heard when he was a kid in Newport News, Va., where he was first exposed to dogfighting when he was eight years old. "I was introduced very young, so I didn't think it was wrong because I'd seen older guys condoning it and then, you know, doing it," Vick said"

I have dealt with professional American football players representing them on various matters. One I became close with and he would come to my house and tell me stories. Many of these guys think they are invincible and can do no wrong. The fact is they are held to a higher standard by society because of their celebrity and they should be IMO.

"It's a message Vick says he never heard when he was a kid in Newport News, Va., where he was first exposed to dogfighting when he was eight years old. "I was introduced very young, so I didn't think it was wrong because I'd seen older guys condoning it and then, you know, doing it," Vick said"
But the fact that it was illegal didn't enter the equation?

Has anyone made that assertion?

GET OVER IT!

What was done cannot be undone.

The only upside to this monster being allowed to play football again is when he gets his ass kicked.

Like this.......
vicked2.gif
....and this...
vick.gif

...and this...
ku-xlarge.gif

My chargers made me very proud with that hit on that murdering asshole.the NFL is such a joke they let murderers play in it.:mad: i would not have felt one bit bad for him if he had been severely hurt after that hit after what he dis to those dogs.see how HE likes severe pain.

Has anyone made that assertion?
No. My comment was directed at him, not you. Sheesh, too much controversy here I guess.

Forum List

Back