Philadelphia’s Islamist Boy Scouts

Sorry Kalam. That's not my call. Looks like these guys started as Muslim converts in jail, but now are being supported by CAIR. Yes, it can go both ways.
No, it cannot. Louis Farrakhan and the ideology of the NOI are not Islamic. An Islamist is a person who supports the implementation of Shari'ah. The NOI does not uphold Shari'ah and flagrantly violates the tenets of Islam according to all interpretations, so yes, they are mutually exclusive.

Read the article in the OP.
I did. Like nearly everything from Frontpage Magazine, it's scaremongering garbage.

That's my point avatar. I don't know if they are training kids to be jihadists killing infidels or New Black Panthers killing "whitey" But you don't list fire arms and military drilling as a selling point on the homepage just to prepare young men for service and leadership. It's very disconcerting.

Sorry Kalam. That's not my call. Looks like these guys started as Muslim converts in jail, but now are being supported by CAIR. Yes, it can go both ways.
No, it cannot. Louis Farrakhan and the ideology of the NOI are not Islamic. An Islamist is a person who supports the implementation of Shari'ah. The NOI does not uphold Shari'ah and flagrantly violates the tenets of Islam according to all interpretations, so yes, they are mutually exclusive.

I did. Like nearly everything from Frontpage Magazine, it's scaremongering garbage.

So maybe this is a NOI group. Still think it's no biggie?

So maybe this is a NOI group. Still think it's no biggie?

Yes. Why do you seem to enjoy being scared all the time?

Oh don't you worry bout lil ole me Kalam. I don't live in fear. However I do worry about school children playing with guns. It has something to do with being a teacher. And a mother. And a rational human being.

Oh don't you worry bout lil ole me Kalam. I don't live in fear.
Your posting record here strongly indicates otherwise.

However I do worry about school children playing with guns. It has something to do with being a teacher. And a mother. And a rational human being.
Children being taught marksmanship and firearm safety is not a strange thing in the United States. It's pretty clear why you're "worried" about this group and not about the BSA or half of the kids growing up in the South.

Agree to disagree. Maybe this is just like the BSA, but common sense and their own webpage leads me to think otherwise.

If 50 kids showed up at school "in uniform" I imagine there would be some concern. Just a hunch.

coming from the philadelphia area i know this is crap. i've heard of the jawala scouts before and no they didn't start in 2005. i first heard of the jawala scouts in the early 90's. maybe they officially became a program in 2005 but they have been around for at least 20 years. and they do give the kids certain types of military training but it is nothing you won't find a military school. they are not training these boys to fight jihad or anything.

Meh, this is a bunch of ado over nothing IMO. Maybe a little odd in the city, but out here in the country I can assure you that the BSA teach children how to properly handle a weapon. My own son was fully aware of all aspects of handling both a rifle and a handgun by age 7. In this area you see children as young as that out hunting by themselves, it's illegal as hell, but it happens.

Sorry, but I see nothing wrong here, even if they are preaching hate, which they probably are, they are within their rights. It's disgusting, but legal. I no more want their right to hate us taken away then I want our right to hate them taken away.

Kalam, you're a disgusting worm for trying to pretend this is something it is not, when all you have to do is say "they have the right" and that's the end of that.

Meh, this is a bunch of ado over nothing IMO. Maybe a little odd in the city, but out here in the country I can assure you that the BSA teach children how to properly handle a weapon. My own son was fully aware of all aspects of handling both a rifle and a handgun by age 7. In this area you see children as young as that out hunting by themselves, it's illegal as hell, but it happens.

Sorry, but I see nothing wrong here, even if they are preaching hate, which they probably are, they are within their rights. It's disgusting, but legal. I no more want their right to hate us taken away then I want our right to hate them taken away.

Kalam, you're a disgusting worm for trying to pretend this is something it is not, when all you have to do is say "they have the right" and that's the end of that.

No one has said it is not within their right. But once again when something uncomfortable is made known, people are called racists and told to STFU. It's a shady group and worthy of keeping an eye on.

No one has said it is not within their right. But once again when something uncomfortable is made known, people are called racists and told to STFU. It's a shady group and worthy of keeping an eye on.

IF we receive some credible evidence that suggests this group may be involved in something shady, agreed. Until then, how about we just let them be kids rather than FBI targets?

Credible evidence from whom? Do you think the MSM would touch this? This is from Atlas Shrugs.

Everything about Gamble's stealth plan for a government subsidized Muslim ghetto - "one of the best kept secrets of Muslim America" - suggests a need for concern; indeed one wonders if Pennsylvania taxpayers are even aware that their tax dollars are going to help Gamble's plans to build "jihad central" while calling it "a neighborhood transformation initiative," a so-far effective strategy, having garnered $1.6 billion in government and private grants and funding. It's hard to imagine how such a proposal has gone this far without intense public scrutiny. Aside from considering the wisdom of creating what might amount to a little Somalia in a major urban center, there are the obvious questions regarding government funding - under the transparent guise of urban renewal - of what is clearly a hard-core Muslim da'wa [faith spreading] program. Now that the secret is out, it's time that Pennsylvanians move to stop Gamble's participation in this project. His motives are self-serving, thoroughly inconsistent with the concept of the American melting pot and obliterate the separation between church and state."

ISLAMIC ENCLAVES IN PHILLY YOUR TAXPAYER $$$ AT WORK! - Atlas Shrugs

*Sigh*
Are we still arguing about a group of 7 year old Muslims learning the exact same thing 7 year old christians learn?
If this is a huge deal, obviously you've never set foot in the country. I know people who were hunting by themselves by 7. Lmao. This thread is one big fail.

Last edited:
Don't you just love the "nothing here; move along" mantra. Its worthy of discussion and concern. And it suprises me (NOT) that the vitriol spewed by the left toward the BSA is absent here.
Oh and if anyone is interested in the BSA policy on guns google it. I doubt very highly the same rules are in effect here. In fact our troop cannot even take the boys paintballing without a waiver claiming it is NOT a BSA event.

The organization has been active for five years. I'd love to see a followup on these kids in five more.
:rolleyes:

NRA provide Sequoia Council Boy Scout Leaders with intensive shotgun training - San Francisco hunting | Examiner.com

Maybe the ACLU can initiate a law suit. I have a feeling they discriminate against gays. And Jews. :evil:

I wonder what the gun laws are in PA. I imagine ex-cons are forbidden. And 7 year olds.

Take these kids out of their paramilitary uniforms and put a white sheet on their heads and see whether people would think this is no biggie. It's the same fucking thing and it is wrong.
But chanel...you are perfectly okay with the BSA discriminating against gays. How mystifying that you only want one group to be treated as a private organization.

:confused:

Maybe the ACLU can initiate a law suit. I have a feeling they discriminate against gays. And Jews. :evil:

I wonder what the gun laws are in PA. I imagine ex-cons are forbidden. And 7 year olds.

Take these kids out of their paramilitary uniforms and put a white sheet on their heads and see whether people would think this is no biggie. It's the same fucking thing and it is wrong.
But chanel...you are perfectly okay with the BSA discriminating against gays. How mystifying that you only want one group to be treated as a private organization.

:confused:

Sounds to me like she was merely asking why one group is allowed to discriminate without complaint while another is not.

Exactly. The ACLU has had many suit againt the Scouts. My question was why not this group? And ravi and I have been round and round about this. Children are not supposed to be having sex with girls or boys. Sexual orientation of children is a non issue. Skin color is and I'm curious how many whites have been invited to join this group.

No fear or hysteria here. Just disgust.

Philadelphia is a disgrace.

I wonder if this is one of the youth leadership projects that the New Black Panthers claim to support. :evil:

No sense getting paranoid.

Forum List

Back