Philadelphia 76'ers stop Anthem singer from disrespecting our Anthem and country

Would you feel the same way if a guest singer wore an NRA T-shirt?

Probably. Or I wouldn't care.

again, weak analogy.

So let's talk about what upsets you about these anthem protests. Athletes and Singers are black folks we invite into our homes, albeit it through the media. We like to pretend they exist outside of the racial structure of inequality because, hey, they are famous and make a lot of money- more money than a lot of us make- and they should be grateful for it.

and when they put it in our face that, hey, they can be shot by a bully with a badge because of their skin color, and they don't really like that all that much, we get offended, instead of actually confronting what they are kind of upset about.

again, weak analogy.

So let's talk about what upsets you about these anthem protests. Athletes and Singers are black folks we invite into our homes, albeit it through the media. We like to pretend they exist outside of the racial structure of inequality because, hey, they are famous and make a lot of money- more money than a lot of us make- and they should be grateful for it.

and when they put it in our face that, hey, they can be shot by a bully with a badge because of their skin color, and they don't really like that all that much, we get offended, instead of actually confronting what they are kind of upset about.

10% of the population commits 52% of the murders in this country.
Sounds like they've earned the treatment they get..

Boy, you are ridiculous. And depressing.

By the way, I bet there have been a lot of "white folks" who have lost their sons in war defending our nation and the freedoms it allows. But you don't give a damn about that do you? There are also a lot of white folks who serve the black community in their health needs, poverty and abandonment. But that is of no matter to you. You demand every injustice in this world be rectified before you will stop being an angry, hateful, ungrateful soul. You are selfish.

Much like your sky pixie, who sends people to Hell for one sin and ignores all their good works, I don't pretend a sin is mitigated by other good deeds.

Yes, a lot of people do good things. But this is a bad thing that people should be upset about. this is something we need to fix. Not whitewash these incidents when they happen, not blame the victim like the 12 year old who was shot while playing with a toy by a guy who was fired from another police department due to his lack of composure and discipline.

"
quote-stories-are-meant-to-comfort-the-afflicted-and-afflict-the-comfortable-finley-peter-dunne-38-90-76.jpg
!"

again, weak analogy.

Wouldn't care??
I call bullshit.
How many people do you know who care to mix politics with their sports?
The NFL has suffered in TV ratings.
The players are a commodity and are being well compensated to perform.

I can't wear a politically charged garment or behave in a disrespectful manner at my place of employment, why should they??

I can't wear a politically charged garment or behave in a disrespectful manner at my place of employment, why should they??

Mostly because you can be replaced and they can't be.

Nobody is coming to your job to see you. People are coming to these events to see these entertaining black people.

Who are upset that cops shoot black people... for some reason.

In the world according to Joe....

A privately owned company's right to refuse to allow a PAID performer to express a politically charged opinion during an opening ceremony is superseded by the performers "right" (there isn't any "right" here) to express those opinions.

Companies aren't people. And I am willing to bet, when they 76er's drew up a contract with her, they probably didn't cover this issue. Which means they are going to end up having to pay her, anyway.

So she gets free publicity (I never heard of her before today), and the 76ers look like a bunch of jerks.

Funny how that works out.

Nobody is coming to your job to see you. People are coming to these events to see these entertaining black people.

Statistically speaking, more white people are killed by cops than blacks.
A college professor, who is black, did a study on this and he was shocked by the data he had compiled.
It was not the narrative you keep spouting.
You must have missed this.
No racial bias in police shootings, study by Harvard professor shows

EVERYONE is replaceable

A college professor, who is black, did a study on this and he was shocked by the data he had compiled.

No, it was just some horseshit I ignore and put into the "how to lie with statistics" file.

The reality is we've had a whole lot of cases of cops using excessive and sometimes lethal force with blacks. - Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Freddie Gray, Sandra Bland, LaQuan McDonald...

You really couldn't not name five white people shot by cops with as much ease. I guess if you spent the morning googling, you could.

Companies aren't people. And I am willing to bet, when they 76er's drew up a contract with her, they probably didn't cover this issue. Which means they are going to end up having to pay her, anyway.

So she gets free publicity (I never heard of her before today), and the 76ers look like a bunch of jerks.

Funny how that works out.

yet if a white performer wanted to wear a "Blue Lives Matter" shirt....your opinion would be different...

EVERYONE is replaceable

True enough. they can totally fire that athlete... and another team will pick him up in a heartbeat.

That wasn't good business.

Now, I do kind of feel bad for some of these sports teams. They didn't cause this problem, but they've found themselves a platform for complaining about it.

But that's what it is.

Maybe instead of complaining about how uncomfortable we are, we can actually try to fix the problem.

No, it was just some horseshit I ignore and put into the "how to lie with statistics" file.

The reality is we've had a whole lot of cases of cops using excessive and sometimes lethal force with blacks. - Tamir Rice, Mike Brown, Freddie Gray, Sandra Bland, LaQuan McDonald...

You really couldn't not name five white people shot by cops with as much ease. I guess if you spent the morning googling, you could.

That would be because white people dont burn down their neighborhoods and call attention to themselves when some dumbass gets ventilated by the cops.

EVERYONE is replaceable

True enough. they can totally fire that athlete... and another team will pick him up in a heartbeat.

That wasn't good business.

Now, I do kind of feel bad for some of these sports teams. They didn't cause this problem, but they've found themselves a platform for complaining about it.

But that's what it is.

Maybe instead of complaining about how uncomfortable we are, we can actually try to fix the problem.

Stop robbing liquor stores and killing people. Problem solved.

yet if a white performer wanted to wear a "Blue Lives Matter" shirt....your opinion would be different...

And you base that on what? come on, you've got 78K posts to work with, I'm sure you can find one where I said something like that.

When you perceive facts to be "racism"... Its time for some deep soul searching...

well, he got the numbers wrong, so they aren't "facts". That just leaves the racism.

I mean, if you are going to try to use statistics to make a point, please get them right. Blacks are more than 10% of the population.

5 Facts That Shatter the Myth of 'Black-on-Black' Crime

She can express herself all she wants...on her own time.

Fair enough. Then they shouldn't have invited her to do the anthem to start with.

She didnt tell them she was going wear the shirt.
At least try to be a little objective.
LOL...JoeyB Dolezal objective? You haven't been paying attention. This is the guy that just makes stuff up - lies - because he thinks it'll give credence to his agenda.

Forum List

Back