Philadelphia 76'ers stop Anthem singer from disrespecting our Anthem and country

Those are the dumbest analogies in the history of USMB. You use them because there really is no rebuttal. The truth is if America really was as bad as they say it is they would leave, but it's not, everybody has it good here.

I thought it was a pretty good point.

America is a great place to live, except we have police officers who are too quick to use lethal force, espcially against people of color.

Over 1000 police shootings a year, compared to 54 in the United Kingdom in the last QUARTER CENTURY!

Now, if we want to talk about the underlying problems- guns, drugs, poverty - I'm good with that. But pretending we don't have a problem is like the overweight friend who wolfs down a big mac and sounds like he's going to have a coronary claiming he doesn't have a problem.

You don't enable problems by denying them.

We have a problem with violence in general. But I do not believe that the police officers are too quick to use lethal force. All of these incidents with police that we hear about are where the people killled were resisting arrest and making themselves a threat to the officer before getting shot. Perhaps the problem is the behavior of the people who are being shot that you should take into consideration more than you do.

I'll do one better. If this country is repressive then why live here?

You mean other than to fix it.

Hey, if someone you care about is overweight, do you leave them or do you help them lose weight and improve their diet. What about if they smoke? Or spend too much time on the internet...

Everyone has that one thing about this country they would love to change. It doesn't mean they love their country any less.

Those analogies have nothing to do with my comment.

We have a problem with violence in general. But I do not believe that the police officers are too quick to use lethal force. All of these incidents with police that we hear about are where the people killled were resisting arrest and making themselves a threat to the officer before getting shot. Perhaps the problem is the behavior of the people who are being shot that you should take into consideration more than you do.

again, i see that as more the problem. Police are trained to protect themselves before they protect the public.

So you get incidents like Timonty Loehmann shooting 12 year old Tamir Rice because he preceived him as a threat.

Or that case in NYC, where a shootout not only left the suspect dead, but wounded 9 bystanders.

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire

Forum List

Back