Pharmacist Denies Anti-Bleeding Medication Because Woman Might Have Had an Abortion

Be glad you don't live in Idaho. :lol:
I don't agree with these laws at all. If you go into health care, it is because you want to help people, not judge them. I do a lot of stuff I don't want to do.

Does that include physician assisted suicide? Should you not go into medicine in a state that provides for that?

Stretch much?
I also think providing anti bleeding medication, is a little different then helping someone kill themself. Which I also agree with.

So you think a doctor should be compelled to offer that service, if state law permitted it, and the patient asked for it?

Frankly, the fact that this "Conscience clause" is being applied to any lawful purpose makes my skin crawl.

I don't agree with the law, at all. But I don't live in Idaho, I don't have a say in it and it's the law. This pharmacist clearly didn't follow it.

The second article indicates she is no longer working for Walgreen's. Hopefully she didn't get hired as a pharmacist anywhere else.
I don't agree with these laws at all. If you go into health care, it is because you want to help people, not judge them. I do a lot of stuff I don't want to do.

Don't we all? :lol:

But the law is very specific, if you go to the link in the OP and read it. It lists only certain treatments that can be denied, and they cannot be denied if the patient's life is endangered until and unless another provider is located who is able and willing to take over.

Under any possible argument, it's an uber fail for the pharmacist. May she find a great job....outside the helping professions.

I don't agree with the law, at all. But I don't live in Idaho, I don't have a say in it and it's the law. This pharmacist clearly didn't follow it.

The second article indicates she is no longer working for Walgreen's. Hopefully she didn't get hired as a pharmacist anywhere else.

But the law is very specific, if you go to the link in the OP and read it. It lists only certain treatments that can be denied, and they cannot be denied if the patient's life is endangered until and unless another provider is located who is able and willing to take over.

Under any possible argument, it's an uber fail for the pharmacist. May she find a great job....outside the helping professions.

"The helping professions?" Which ones are those?

Fuck off, troll.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, and say you've been banned from every other board you've ever been on for trolling.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, and say you've been banned from every other board you've ever been on for trolling.

I can't ask what "the helping professions" the poster is referring to?

i'd venture a guess you didnt get too far from the bullseye

(forgive the violent imagery)

I am glad I got out, even if it is only 30 miles away. :lol:

And what if it wasn't for an abortion? There is other things that cause bleeding. If the lady doesn't have health insurance, she could have been going to Planned Parenthood for any number of reasons.
I, for one have gotten my birth control through them, and have had my paps down there.

Is it off topic to ask what "the helping professions" are, or to ask me whether I've been banned?

I didn't ask whether you've been banned.

But really.. You DO need another hobby. How long do you suppose trolling is really going to work out for you here, if it didn't work out elsewhere?

And what if it wasn't for an abortion? There is other things that cause bleeding. If the lady doesn't have health insurance, she could have been going to Planned Parenthood for any number of reasons.
I, for one have gotten my birth control through them, and have had my paps down there.

They perform a lot of services, there could be any number of reasons why one of their patients would have had uterine bleeding. In a small number of instances it can be caused by placing or removing an IUD, for instance. Which PP handles. Or by other procedures. It's hard to say.

But under the law, it doesn't even matter. She could have been wearing a billboard that said "I just had an abortion" and the pharmacist would still have been wrong. Treatment for bleeding after an abortion, even if that's what happened, is not providing an abortifacient. Drugs that induce abortion are covered by the law, not drugs for any treatment of medical conditions related to having had an abortion after the fact.

They perform a lot of services, there could be any number of reasons why one of their patients would have had uterine bleeding. In a small number of instances it can be caused by placing or removing an IUD, for instance. Which PP handles. Or by other procedures. It's hard to say.

But under the law, it doesn't even matter. She could have been wearing a billboard that said "I just had an abortion" and the pharmacist would still have been wrong. Treatment for bleeding after an abortion, even if that's what happened, is not providing an abortifacient. Drugs that induce abortion are covered by the law, not drugs for any treatment of medical conditions related to having had an abortion after the fact.

I will never get an IUD again.
Long story short, they don't always stay where they are suppose to.
The lady had no idea, and I am guessing if you are taking something to help with bleeding, it might be important you have it.

I will never get an IUD again.
Long story short, they don't always stay where they are suppose to.
The lady had no idea, and I am guessing if you are taking something to help with bleeding, it might be important you have it.

I'd say you're probably right.

I wonder how much bleeding there needs to be before they prescribe this specific drug?

it's your body, babe. If you think you need to bleed to be free, knock yourself out.

$1233697777253.jpg

Forum List

Back