PGA Prepares to Move Tournament out of Georgia

Civil Rights Group Calls to Relocate Masters after GA Voting Bill

The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) is calling for the PGA Tour and The Masters to move next month's major championship out of Georgia in response to the recent passing of a controversial voting law.

NBJC executive director David J. Johns told Golfweek that the bill, SB 202 will "return Black and poor and already disenfranchised voters in Georgia to second class citizens" and said that he hopes action can be taken to relocate The Masters, which begins April 8 in Augusta.

“The PGA Tour and Masters Tournament have both made commitments to help diversify golf and address racial inequities in this country—and we expect them to not only speak out against Georgia’s new racist voter suppression law—but to also take action," Johns said in a statement.

"Professional golf should not reward Georgia’s attacks on democracy and voting rights with the millions of dollars in revenue that the tournament generates and the prestige it brings to the State. We all must act to protect our democracy and the right to vote.”

Georgia needs to tread carefully it would seem...uh oh
I have yet to see how the voting bill is in any way racist or controversial.

The National Black Justice Coalition (NBJC) is calling for the PGA Tour and The Masters to move next month's major championship out of Georgia in response to the recent passing of a controversial voting law.

NBJC executive director David J. Johns told Golfweek that the bill, SB 202 will "return Black and poor and already disenfranchised voters in Georgia to second class citizens" and said that he hopes action can be taken to relocate The Masters, which begins April 8 in Augusta.

“The PGA Tour and Masters Tournament have both made commitments to help diversify golf and address racial inequities in this country—and we expect them to not only speak out against Georgia’s new racist voter suppression law—but to also take action," Johns said in a statement.

"Professional golf should not reward Georgia’s attacks on democracy and voting rights with the millions of dollars in revenue that the tournament generates and the prestige it brings to the State. We all must act to protect our democracy and the right to vote.”

I have yet to see why the voting bill is in any way needed. GOP officials said the last election was secure and 62 judges kicked our traitors out of their courtrooms.

The PGA can do whatever they want with the Masters.

No, they can't. The Masters is an invitational only Tournament owned by the Augusta Golf Course. They only thing they can do is not go.
...They can move to another course like Myrtle Beach and call it "The Masters by PGA" and nobody would care at all about Augusta because all the golfers would show up there and play.

You're being purposefully obtuse by acting like Golf cannot be played anywhere but Augusta - and acting like "The Masters" is a name that cannot be worked-around.

The PGA does not own the rights to The Masters. They could drop the tournament altogether, but they couldn't use the name somewhere else.

" Idiot Left Are Clowns "

* Silent Mockery Taking A Break To Play Can Cabal *

Too late to cancel the Masters but as far as economic sanctions against Georgia, I`m for it because I`m pro-voting. Kemp said it`s about making it hard to cheat but he didn`t show us that any cheating took place. It`s just an old traitor slave state bringing us some Jim Crow.
The major league buffoons moved the all star game from georgia that is 52% blacks , to colorado with 5% blacks , and colorado has stricter voting rights than were set in place by the georgia legislature .

Let us know when the over paid actors of sports organizations are willingly to redistribute the wealth of their multimillion dollar salaries and billion dollar industry .

Last edited:
" Mail In Ballots Do Not Secure Independence Of The Vote "

* Equal Protection Against Intimidation Requires Anonymous Voting *

It`s about punishing the rotten state of Georgia, not the tournament.
Georgia is not a rotten state , the stupid fucks promoting left wing idiocy are rotten , those who justify cancel culture with the fashion fervor fascism of i slam getting rid of homosexuals .

Facts are that anonymous , in person , voting are the only way to " Ensure Independence of the Vote " , while mail in voting is not a zero tolerance policy , rather a compromise policy to more greatly assure possibility for voter uncertaitnty , both to exploit claims against election results and to exploit the obvious insufficiencies of other than in person anonymous voting .

Last edited:

Instead of giving my post a thumbs down, why not explain why you disagree?

Forum List

Back