Pfizer to walk away from Allergan deal

i am referring to the closed minds of many doctors when it comes to thinking outside the box....i was lucky...my urologist just got pissed and put me on the other drug....he likes protocol...and living patients

I am glad for you.

That is what we need...the ability to do that kind of thing.

Nobody lives forever and there is no perfect answer.

i am referring to the closed minds of many doctors when it comes to thinking outside the box....i was lucky...my urologist just got pissed and put me on the other drug....he likes protocol...and living patients

One of the most important things is being able to have access to doctors who are willing to think "outside the box." I've been fortunate in that respect. The problem - particularly in rural or suburban areas - is that this isn't often the case.

This is something else that Americans don't realize. Universal access to medical care in every other industrialized nation presumes that it is a nation with a universal system, not 50 states determined to be their own little independent nations...except when they've got their hands out looking for federal dollars.

States' rights trump individual rights almost every goddamn time, and the majority of the "individuals" in them thar Red States are too ignorant to see that.

now in 2014 aca was good to me....first i am diabetic so they would never have taken me..with pre existing conditions....bcbs paid for 2 in hospitals...2 in office procedures for me....and get this..my husband had bilateral total knee replacements..fancy talk for both knees at once....now that alone was from 60 k to 80 k...o hell get this ..he is allergic to aspirins that class of drugs...the shots he had to take once a day....45 dollars each...that pharm was about 900 bucks....and he had to spend the night in intensive care...due to receiving the limit legal of drugs...i did not know there was a limit....the gas passers were freaking and would not allow him in the ward unit...plus he was a small clebe...the first bilateral in over 5 years....its like they put this in the hospital news letter or something....
but the bill had to be up there...the surgery ran over 8 hours....and yes it left us in debt....even with aca..that is the problem...its a catastrophic policy with huge ass deducts...2015 fuck em.....never meet the deduct....like 20 bucks under...i kid you not.....this year will be the same...

i was lucky....he was new to the practice and area...i was one of his first patients......he looked so damn young....i was scared...with first surgery..never having done anything like that....he came in before and settled my nerves....2nd time ..he came in before hand....i wasnt scared that much and was in this weird ass corner of the bay and he jokes around with me....but it is just nice he takes the time to do this....and i ask for a three year commitment from him...not to leave the area...so far so good

now in 2014 aca was good to me....first i am diabetic so they would never have taken me..with pre existing conditions....bcbs paid for 2 in hospitals...2 in office procedures for me....and get this..my husband had bilateral total knee replacements..fancy talk for both knees at once....now that alone was from 60 k to 80 k...o hell get this ..he is allergic to aspirins that class of drugs...the shots he had to take once a day....45 dollars each...that pharm was about 900 bucks....and he had to spend the night in intensive care...due to receiving the limit legal of drugs...i did not know there was a limit....the gas passers were freaking and would not allow him in the ward unit...plus he was a small clebe...the first bilateral in over 5 years....its like they put this in the hospital news letter or something....
but the bill had to be up there...the surgery ran over 8 hours....and yes it left us in debt....even with aca..that is the problem...its a catastrophic policy with huge ass deducts...2015 fuck em.....never meet the deduct....like 20 bucks under...i kid you not.....this year will be the same...

Thank you for your honesty.

The Stupids think the PPACA is some sort of endgame. They don't realize it's only the beginning and that many, many tweaks and alterations need to take place. But they're all ":lalala: Obamacare is teh suk!" so there's no reasoning with them.

Tragically, some folks get caught in the transition, but at least it's a start on rational, equitable, access to healthcare for all Americans - i.e., welcome to the 21st century. Sorry you and yours got caught in between, but it will get better despite the "Me, ME, MEEEEEEE!" idiots and their pet Congresscritters, who may find themselves out of a job in November.

Not all voters are as ignorant as the Stupids in USMB.

surviving cancer can in a way be more deadly than dying from it.....a young friend has had two bouts of serious shit.....over a million dollars in debt even with bcbs/nc. the horrors stories are all over....people dying because they cant afford meds...
I am in recovery from my last breast cancer treatment of chemo and radiation..
The bag of chemo was $10,000 x 6 every three weeks...and a shot the day after 20,000 x 6 every three weeks.
Plus surgery
Radiation for 6 weeks everyday.
Doctors visits

This is my second time when the cancer came back.

These doctors are bound to the corrupt FDA

i hope you are doing well now.....and that is why i hate to bitch....i consider my shit ..chemo light...i dont have a portal ...my hair is still here for what its worth.....and i am in there 15 minutes top and then come home....my friend with lung cancer (she is in remission) told me all chemo sucks....simple as that....

and i just discovered i am on the leaderboard....i am highly embarrassed as i claim to have a life....i need to go back to lurking more than posting....yall have a good evening....

I'm guessing these little doses of reality will mean we won't be hearing from BlueGin and Sun Devil and saveliberty in this thread again...

surviving cancer can in a way be more deadly than dying from it.....a young friend has had two bouts of serious shit.....over a million dollars in debt even with bcbs/nc. the horrors stories are all over....people dying because they cant afford meds...
I am in recovery from my last breast cancer treatment of chemo and radiation..
The bag of chemo was $10,000 x 6 every three weeks...and a shot the day after 20,000 x 6 every three weeks.
Plus surgery
Radiation for 6 weeks everyday.
Doctors visits

This is my second time when the cancer came back.

These doctors are bound to the corrupt FDA

All the best.

I can't imagine going through that.

back.....finally....i dont have to look.....i just realized the euro shit comes in at $4.05 a treatment....the cost of the chemo chemical...now get this the bcg is apparently $104.05....my urologist told me the euro would be a $100.00 less or there abouts..and the only difference in the procedure is the chemo chemical....my chemo is in sets of 3...i think of it...as buy 2..get one free now....smh

back.....finally....i dont have to look.....i just realized the euro shit comes in at $4.05 a treatment....the cost of the chemo chemical...now get this the bcg is apparently $104.05....my urologist told me the euro would be a $100.00 less or there abouts..and the only difference in the procedure is the chemo chemical....my chemo is in sets of 3...i think of it...as buy 2..get one free now....smh

Hope things are going well.

Somehow there is this assumption that the Obama administration just brought down the cost of Pfizer's chemicals.

Which would be totally stupid.

strollingbones....you'll need to have your doctor explain how Pfizer will stay in business with that kind of cost differential.

You'll never get that from that moron Air-in-head. She's all about lying about providing "primary sources" or was when I put her ass on ignore. But if you can get her to explain it, then please copy the post. I have no desire to wade through her horses**t.

Forum List

Back