Pfizer to walk away from Allergan deal

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
The White House denies new rules target specific companies.

Sounds like BS to me...

fizer Inc. has decided to kill its planned $150 billion takeover of Allergan PLC, after the Obama administration took aim at a deal that would have moved the biggest drug company in the U.S. to Ireland to lower its taxes, according to people familiar with the matter.

Pfizer to Walk Away From Allergan Deal

GSK is already based in Europe, I would guess other businesses thinking about this will move quickly before the White House takes aim at them.

It's about time the White House aimed at some of this shit. One good thing the "outsiders" have done this year.

The big bad White House? The one who wrote waivers for many big corporations on Obamacare? :lol:

Sounds like BS to me...

fizer Inc. has decided to kill its planned $150 billion takeover of Allergan PLC, after the Obama administration took aim at a deal that would have moved the biggest drug company in the U.S. to Ireland to lower its taxes, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Drug companies and their corrupt asses can move to fucking mars as far as I am concerned. When these drug companies buy out other drug companies the prices of the drugs go sky high because they have no competition.

So they move to other countries and send the drugs here , making it illegal for us to buy oversea's that is what I am pissed at Obama for. We need open markets to bring the prices down, plus the fucking FDA holds back some very helpful and curing drugs from oversea's and will not even look at alternative therapy because there is no money in it.

They are finding that the CBD's in pot without THC is killing cancer without the side effects... The drug companies are fighting to get their hands on it to fuck it up and jack up the prices.

Sounds a little like conspiracy theory Eaglewings, yet I heard about this a few years ago. Thing that has me wondering is why do pot smokers still get cancer if it is true? :dunno:

Sounds like BS to me...

The Drug companies and their corrupt asses can move to fucking mars as far as I am concerned. When these drug companies buy out other drug companies the prices of the drugs go sky high because they have no competition.

So they move to other countries and send the drugs here , making it illegal for us to buy oversea's that is what I am pissed at Obama for. We need open markets to bring the prices down, plus the fucking FDA holds back some very helpful and curing drugs from oversea's and will not even look at alternative therapy because there is no money in it.

They are finding that the CBD's in pot without THC is killing cancer without the side effects... The drug companies are fighting to get their hands on it to fuck it up and jack up the prices.

And I forgot to add...The US Doctors are bound by law to only study and prescribe what is approved by the FDA... Guess who is making millions in the FDA and the drug companies?

My oncologist told me that..

It's not true. Pfizer dumped Allergan and guess what ...percription drugs are still going up anyway.

A lot of the new drugs have a more limited use. Hard to recoup the costs of development. This is why drug companies buyout other companies. Smaller ones agree, cause they don't have many other drugs in the pipeline.

Sounds like BS to me...

Feds' Crackdown on Tax Dodges Kills $160B Pfizer Merger

Sounds like BS to me...

And I forgot to add...The US Doctors are bound by law to only study and prescribe what is approved by the FDA... Guess who is making millions in the FDA and the drug companies?

My oncologist told me that..

I truthfully can not answer that, because I am just learning about it.

Perhaps their cancer was too advanced or they used the wrong combination...You have to be a scientist to know how to grow the right kind of CBD's,it is a huge market right now.

The Government is already stealing the CBD component

CW Botanicals - The Official Home Page of Charlotte's Web™ Hemp Oil

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells

. Here, we report that cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid with a low-toxicity profile, could down-regulate Id-1 expression in aggressive human breast cancer cells. The CBD concentrations effective at inhibiting Id-1 expression correlated with those used to inhibit the proliferative and invasive phenotype of breast cancer cells. CBD was able to inhibit Id-1 expression at the mRNA and protein level in a concentration-dependent fashion.

Last edited:
It's not true. Pfizer dumped Allergan and guess what ...percription drugs are still going up anyway.

I feel the prices go up because "They can" there is no cap on prices.

Do you remember this guy? He slammed up the price overnight because he owed people millions of dollars that he scammed previously. I think he is in jail now.

Price of drug Daraprim increases 5,000 percent overnight

The rights to Daraprim were purchased in August by a new company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, which promptly increased the price from $13.50 per tablet to $750 per tablet -- a 5,000 percent jump -- the New York Times reported.

Daraprim, the common name for the drug pyrimethamine, is the only medication for treating toxoplasmosis, an infection contracted from cat parasites that can cause birth defects. It is also used as a co-treatment for HIV infections, some cancers and malaria.

Sounds like BS to me...

If tax incentives were what drove the project, I don't see why it is bad it didn't happen.

However, the White House is a waste of time when it comes to small business friendly stuff.

Do they really think they'll get more taxes out of the deal ?

Our government is beyond stupid.

Sounds like BS to me...

If tax incentives were what drove the project, I don't see why it is bad it didn't happen.

However, the White House is a waste of time when it comes to small business friendly stuff.

Do they really think they'll get more taxes out of the deal ?

Our government is beyond stupid.

Maybe you can show us how the government will not benefit from stopping the Pfizer deal. No? Didn't think so.

Do you remember this guy? He slammed up the price overnight because he owed people millions of dollars that he scammed previously. I think he is in jail now.

The rights to Daraprim were purchased in August by a new company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, which promptly increased the price from $13.50 per tablet to $750 per tablet -- a 5,000 percent jump -- the New York Times reported.

Daraprim, the common name for the drug pyrimethamine, is the only medication for treating toxoplasmosis, an infection contracted from cat parasites that can cause birth defects. It is also used as a co-treatment for HIV infections, some cancers and malaria.

Yes, this is an example of total abuse of the system and why you'll never have an unfettered market. That is different than a free market.

Right now, our stupid government sets the 'standard' of what has to be in health insurance.....to the benefit of insurance companies.

They also make it very hard for new start ups in the industry.

Yes, this is an example of total abuse of the system and why you'll never have an unfettered market. That is different than a free market.

Right now, our stupid government sets the 'standard' of what has to be in health insurance.....to the benefit of insurance companies.

They also make it very hard for new start ups in the industry.

And not for the first time, Sun Devil can't tell the difference between an insurance company and a pharma company.

Forum List

Back