Pew: More Americans own guns, it isn't just a few,guys in Idaho....

2TinyGuy is fantasizing again... Reality is, gun ownership is in decline

U.S. Gun Ownership Declines

Gun ownership is now back at the low point it reached in 2010: Only 32 percent of Americans own a firearm or live with someone who does, compared with about half the population in the late 1970s and early 1980s, according to the 2014 General Social Survey (GSS). The survey is a project of independent research organization NORC at the University of Chicago, with principal funding from the National Science Foundation.

The poll also found that 22 percent of Americans personally own a firearm, down from a high of 31 percent in 1985. The percentage of men who own a firearm is down from 50 percent in 1980 to 35 percent in 2014, while the number of women who own a gun has remained relatively steady since 1980, coming in at 12 percent in 2014.

Gun ownership is now back at the low point it reached in 2010: Only 32 percent of Americans own a firearm or live with someone who does, compared with about half the population in the late 1970s and early 1980s, according to the 2014 General Social Survey (GSS). The survey is a project of independent research organization NORC at the University of Chicago, with principal funding from the National Science Foundation.

The poll also found that 22 percent of Americans personally own a firearm, down from a high of 31 percent in 1985. The percentage of men who own a firearm is down from 50 percent in 1980 to 35 percent in 2014, while the number of women who own a gun has remained relatively steady since 1980, coming in at 12 percent in 2014.

Moron...the Pew study just came out......And again, the General Social Survey is run by a rabid anti gunner who wants his research to encourage politicians to pass more gun control........

44%......as of this week...and that is a low number since gun owners who follow the gun issues are not telling anyone they own guns...especially an anonymous pollster.....especially since the asshole newspapers after Sandy Hook decided to print the names and addresses of gun owners in the paper......

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s........357 million guns in private hands in 2016....and the gun murder rate dropped 49%.......

1.5 million concealed carry permit gun owners....in the 1980s....

14.5 million concealed carry permit gun owners in 2016,,,,
and the gun murder rate dropped 49%

Nothing you say is accurate, the truth or based in facts joe....

200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s........357 million guns in private hands in 2016....and the gun murder rate dropped 49%.......

2TinyGuy, the fact is, we have more guns in the hands of the an increasingly smaller group of lunatics.

As normal people figure out that a gun in the home is a danger to thepeople in the home, you guys will just keep getting scarier to the rest of us.

15 years ago, I'd have fought for your right to own a gun. Today I look at you guys as just fucking scary as shit.

2TinyGuy, the fact is, we have more guns in the hands of the an increasingly smaller group of lunatics.

As normal people figure out that a gun in the home is a danger to thepeople in the home, you guys will just keep getting scarier to the rest of us.

15 years ago, I'd have fought for your right to own a gun. Today I look at you guys as just fucking scary as shit.

Moron......Pew just released this research.....44%.....and that is low.....gun owners who know the issue don't tell anyone they own guns .....

200 million guns in the 1990s in private hands.....357,000,000 guns in 2016.....more Americans now own guns...they realize that they are the single best method for self defense........and our gun murder rate went down 49%...

You are wrong....

As normal people figure out that a gun in the home is a danger to thepeople in the home

I have never lived in a gun-free home - since birth - with nary a problem. The kids knew where they were, too.

Perhaps there was something wrong with those other people. Perhaps previous generations were not raised to the level of bovine stupidity enjoyed by the more recent ones.

In research just released the Pew research group confirms what is obvious because of the millions of guns being sold......more Americans now own guns...and because of a reluctance to talk to pollsters...you can bet it is actually higher than what they show....

ohttp://www.washingtonexaminer.com/surprise-gun-ownership-rises-to-44-of-all-homes/article/2600319n

I suspect the actual number is vast.

When asked by anyone, I say no.
I find those medical questionaires amusing. I respond the same way General Patton responded when the enemy demanded he surrender.

"Nuts!"

In research just released the Pew research group confirms what is obvious because of the millions of guns being sold......more Americans now own guns...and because of a reluctance to talk to pollsters...you can bet it is actually higher than what they show....

ohttp://www.washingtonexaminer.com/surprise-gun-ownership-rises-to-44-of-all-homes/article/2600319n

I find those medical questionaires amusing. I respond the same way General Patton responded when the enemy demanded he surrender.

"Nuts!"

Wrong General....

"Nuts!"

Wrong General....
General McAuliffe, I know. I keep misfiring this morning.

You must be one of those pussies that's scared of a gun.

and women........and he has a strange fascination with guns and sex....and male sex organs.........one odd bird....

and women........and he has a strange fascination with guns and sex....and male sex organs.........one odd bird....

He has a strange fascination with saying things should be done a certain way then hiding like a little bitch when expected to do what he says.

Forum List

Back