Possible that 60% of Americans now own a gun...and this is a good thing....

Two people I know, a man and his wife, recently had the handguns they had stored in their cars stolen. Two teenagers were arrested, One handgun was recovered, one is still missing. We all live in a rural county in Florida that is relatively crime free.

Both people left their car doors unlocked.

I always lock my doors. What difference it makes is questionable since they can break my windows. I do have security cameras though. Cameras are the reason hoodies are so popular among our young street hoods.

I worked in a factory that made high tech electronics for the military and most of my co-workers (both male and female) had firearms. Of course in Florida that is not unusual at all. Florida is known as “The Gunshine State”

I remember being surprised that one of my co-workers had a concealed weapons permit. He was using a magnetic detector along with another co-worker in downtown Tampa on a chilly winter Sunday at a vacant lot where a building had just recently been torn down.

A man armed with a butcher knife strolled up and demand their wallets. My coworker just pulled back his jacket to reveal a .45 pistol in a shoulder holster. The aggressive bad guy turned and walked away muttering to himself. Probably pissed at the fact a concealed carry license is “shall issue” in Florida.

My co-worker had never expressed any interest in firearms and didn’t participate in conversations abut them. He also was a black belt in karate but still packed heat. He might have been able to disarm the bad guy using his martial arts skills but merely showing he was armed worked well.

Even if you can fight it makes no sense to go hands on with anyone. One thing I realized with most people who take martial arts is that they all have some sort of protocol they follow before they actually engage. It's the way they were trained.

The average street thug isn't going to follow any rules. I learned that in my Krav Maga classes. The fastest way to end an altercation is to use all those strikes that are considered illegal or poor sportsmanship in most martial arts and boxing training.

But it's always better not to go hands on if you can avoid it is the number one rule.

It's funny how you said you were surprised you didn't know your coworker had a carry permit. Why would he tell you?

Most of my friends don't know I do and I see no reason to tell them

Even if you can fight it makes no sense to go hands on with anyone. One thing I realized with most people who take martial arts is that they all have some sort of protocol they follow before they actually engage. It's the way they were trained.

The average street thug isn't going to follow any rules. I learned that in my Krav Maga classes. The fastest way to end an altercation is to use all those strikes that are considered illegal or poor sportsmanship in most martial arts and boxing training.

But it's always better not to go hands on if you can avoid it is the number one rule.

It's funny how you said you were surprised you didn't know your coworker had a carry permit. Why would he tell you?

Ever hear of Tim Larkin? He is my go to on self defense now........just found him about a year ago.......hitting a lot is less important than knowing where to hit......and he explains it with video examples from actual real life events.....

Guns were created for a reason.....they make it possible for the physically weak, or the outnumbered to fight against the more powerful or more numerous....

Ever hear of Tim Larkin? He is my go to on self defense now........just found him about a year ago.......hitting a lot is less important than knowing where to hit......and he explains it with video examples from actual real life events.....

Guns were created for a reason.....they make it possible for the physically weak, or the outnumbered to fight against the more powerful or more numerous....
It still makes absolutely no sense to go hands on. You never know if the guy is the one who will beat you.

Personally I'm not going to go hands on with anyone even though I have taken years of Krav Maga training.

I live out n the VA countryside where the crime rate is near zero.

And I still lock my doors.
I can understand locking your doors--I think locking your car doors in a locked garage is a bit of an overkill akin to wearing a mask in a closed car by yourself. Do you lock your bedroom door at night too?

I can understand locking your doors--I think locking your car doors in a locked garage is a bit of an overkill akin to wearing a mask in a closed car by yourself. Do you lock your bedroom door at night too?

the habit to lock my car doors whenever I get out is one I am not going to break for you or anyone else.

And I don't have a lock on my bedroom door but I do lock all my entry doors and all the windows when I go to bed. It's stupid not to.

A look at recent research shows that up to 60% of the American people may now own a gun of some sort....

A surge in “quiet gun owners,” much like the so-called “silent majority” in political circles, is leading firearms analysts to believe that far more Americans own weapons than the accepted 30% cited in polls.

At the highest end, it’s possible that up to 60% of Americans own guns, especially with the pandemic-era rise in gun buying among women and minorities, especially in suburban and urban areas.

SECRET SERVICE: BIDEN DOG WOULD BE ‘PUT DOWN’ IF NOT PRESIDENT’S PET

At the lowest end, it’s likely that at least 40% of Americans own guns, according to a groundbreaking study of those who lie to pollsters about firearms.

And the biggest growth areas in gun ownership are among women and minorities....
This is a lie.

32 percent of Americans own guns.

This is a lie.

Some gun owners don’t want researchers to know they own guns.

Those are the findings of a study published in Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology by the New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center at Rutgers University this month. It found estimates of how many Americans own guns could be off by as much as 45 percent. It also identified several demographics of people who may be most uncomfortable sharing information about their firearms with researchers.

This is a lie.

Tell that to these new gun buyers....with vast numbers of new gun owners among minorities and women...

Gun Nation just passed a significant milestone. July was the 48th consecutive month with one million or more adjusted background checks, the best measure of retail gun sales. That’s a very big deal for a couple of reasons.

First, the NSSF’s adjusted number is really a minimum. It doesn’t account for sales of multiple firearms in on transaction and it doesn’t include sales in states that don’t require background checks for carry permit holders (never mind private sales).

Second, the line between Gun Nation and the country as a whole grows more blurred by the day. Given the fact that recent research shows the number of gun owners may actually be as high as 60%, America is increasingly becoming Gun Nation.

Some will say 48 straight months is notable given the current administration’s never-ending attacks on gun makers and civilian firearm ownership. In fact, Americans’ appetite for guns and the exercise of their Second Amendment rights is as high as it is because of the Biden war on guns, not in spite of it.

Most of my coworkers were open about owning firearms. Keep in mind I live in Florida.

I once took a jujitsu class from a man who held a red and white belt in judo. In the class he taught, there were many moves that would be very illegal in most martial arts and boxing. He also mentioned that street fighters are unpredictable and even if you beat one in a fight walk away carefully. He mention one case where a martial artist defeated a street fight and turned his back to walk away. The street fighter hit him in the back of the head with a brick.

This instructor once told the class that while he might be a 7th degree red and white belt in Judo, the man with a ,45 auto is a 8th degree.

Forum List

Back