Possible that 60% of Americans now own a gun...and this is a good thing....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A look at recent research shows that up to 60% of the American people may now own a gun of some sort....

A surge in “quiet gun owners,” much like the so-called “silent majority” in political circles, is leading firearms analysts to believe that far more Americans own weapons than the accepted 30% cited in polls.

At the highest end, it’s possible that up to 60% of Americans own guns, especially with the pandemic-era rise in gun buying among women and minorities, especially in suburban and urban areas.

SECRET SERVICE: BIDEN DOG WOULD BE ‘PUT DOWN’ IF NOT PRESIDENT’S PET

At the lowest end, it’s likely that at least 40% of Americans own guns, according to a groundbreaking study of those who lie to pollsters about firearms.

And the biggest growth areas in gun ownership are among women and minorities....

A look at recent research shows that up to 60% of the American people may now own a gun of some sort....

A surge in “quiet gun owners,” much like the so-called “silent majority” in political circles, is leading firearms analysts to believe that far more Americans own weapons than the accepted 30% cited in polls.

At the highest end, it’s possible that up to 60% of Americans own guns, especially with the pandemic-era rise in gun buying among women and minorities, especially in suburban and urban areas.

SECRET SERVICE: BIDEN DOG WOULD BE ‘PUT DOWN’ IF NOT PRESIDENT’S PET

At the lowest end, it’s likely that at least 40% of Americans own guns, according to a groundbreaking study of those who lie to pollsters about firearms.

And the biggest growth areas in gun ownership are among women and minorities....
I am encouraged by this and think it would be great--however, I don't put any stock in woulda coulda shoulda. It reminds be of the envirowhackos saying "the earth could end (fill in the blank).

Good or bad it's a fact. The dirty little secret is that the left's agenda is about confiscation. Turning honest Americans into felons if they refuse to give up their 2nd Amendment rights.

Call me Two Guns Tony. I have a pistol in the car and one in the house. Bought 'em back during the Rodney King riots of 1992 when black people were randomly attacking white people in their cars nationwide.

Yep, so far so good. I have the serial numbers to give to police if any of my guns get stolen,
Two people I know, a man and his wife, recently had the handguns they had stored in their cars stolen. Two teenagers were arrested, One handgun was recovered, one is still missing. We all live in a rural county in Florida that is relatively crime free.

Both people left their car doors unlocked.

I am encouraged by this and think it would be great--however, I don't put any stock in woulda coulda shoulda. It reminds be of the envirowhackos saying "the earth could end (fill in the blank).
I never tell a survey taker that I own firearms. It doesn’t matter if the survey taker is at my door or on the phone. I once asked the people I worked with if that I knew owned firearms if they would tell a survey taker they owned guns. Almost all said they wouldn’t.

The more guns a person owns the less the chances he would tell some stranger he owned firearms.

I never tell a survey taker that I own firearms. It doesn’t matter if the survey taker is at my door or on the phone. I once asked the people I worked with if that I knew owned firearms if they would tell a survey taker they owned guns. Almost all said they wouldn’t.

The more guns a person owns the less the chances he would tell some stranger he owned firearms.
I don't know anybody that doesn't own a firearm.

Also, as far as I know none of them have used a firearm in a crime.

The people that own firearms and use them in crimes are people I don't know, like the inner city ghetto Negro thugs in Chicago.

I don't know anybody that doesn't own a firearm.

Also, as far as I know none of them have used a firearm in a crime.

The people that own firearms and use them in crimes are people I don't know, like the inner city ghetto Negro thugs in Chicago.
I worked in a factory that made high tech electronics for the military and most of my co-workers (both male and female) had firearms. Of course in Florida that is not unusual at all. Florida is known as “The Gunshine State”

I remember being surprised that one of my co-workers had a concealed weapons permit. He was using a magnetic detector along with another co-worker in downtown Tampa on a chilly winter Sunday at a vacant lot where a building had just recently been torn down.

A man armed with a butcher knife strolled up and demand their wallets. My coworker just pulled back his jacket to reveal a .45 pistol in a shoulder holster. The aggressive bad guy turned and walked away muttering to himself. Probably pissed at the fact a concealed carry license is “shall issue” in Florida.

My co-worker had never expressed any interest in firearms and didn’t participate in conversations abut them. He also was a black belt in karate but still packed heat. He might have been able to disarm the bad guy using his martial arts skills but merely showing he was armed worked well.

I worked in a factory that made high tech electronics for the military and most of my co-workers (both male and female) had firearms. Of course in Florida that is not unusual at all. Florida is known as “The Gunshine State”

I remember being surprised that one of my co-workers had a concealed weapons permit. He was using a magnetic detector along with another co-worker in downtown Tampa on a chilly winter Sunday at a vacant lot where a building had just recently been torn down.

A man armed with a butcher knife strolled up and demand their wallets. My coworker just pulled back his jacket to reveal a .45 pistol in a shoulder holster. The aggressive bad guy turned and walked away muttering to himself. Probably pissed at the fact a concealed carry license is “shall issue” in Florida.

My co-worker had never expressed any interest in firearms and didn’t participate in conversations abut them. He also was a black belt in karate but still packed heat. He might have been able to disarm the bad guy using his martial arts skills but merely showing he was armed worked well.
Living in Florida nearly my entire life I have never experienced, seen or heard of any of my family or friends being the subject of a crime. The one exception being friends whose home was burglarized while they were on vacation back in the 1980s.

I live in a safe area in Polk County and don't usually carry. For instance, I am going to Publix later on this morning and will not bother to take a firearm with me. Later we are taking our granddaughter out to lunch and I won't carry then.

However, if I need to go to Tampa or Orlando nowadays I would definitely carry my Sig 365XL.

Two people I know, a man and his wife, recently had the handguns they had stored in their cars stolen. Two teenagers were arrested, One handgun was recovered, one is still missing. We all live in a rural county in Florida that is relatively crime free.

Both people left their car doors unlocked.
CHL / CCW / CWP Training May have trained that outta em
( ImProper care & feeding of your EDC )

Living in Florida nearly my entire life I have never experienced, seen or heard of any of my family or friends being the subject of a crime. The one exception being friends whose home was burglarized while they were on vacation back in the 1980s.

I live in a safe area in Polk County and don't usually carry. For instance, I am going to Publix later on this morning and will not bother to take a firearm with me. Later we are taking our granddaughter out to lunch and I won't carry then.

However, if I need to go to Tampa or Orlando nowadays I would definitely carry my Sig 365XL.
My experience is similar, I've lived throughout the country and visited many of the less desirable areas of major cities and the ONLY violent crime I have been exposed to was in an inner city high school in Phoenix, AZ, of all places, when two of my friends were stabbed by a black student who wasn't given their money. The worst thing about it was they didn't have any money.

CHL / CCW / CWP Training May have trained that outta em
( ImProper care & feeding of your EDC )
I gave the woman an in the car gun safe as she drives to work for the graveyard shift and can’t carry while working.

Both need to learn to lock their car doors.

Forum List

Back