Petraeus Scandal Could Bring Obama Down

What leads you to think this has anything to do with Obama. The facts so far seem to point to the FBI knowing about it, deciding there was no criminal behavior, and dropping it. Then an FBI agent with a hardon for Petraeus (fueled by jealousy perhaps) tells Eric Cantor, who several days later calls (or has a staffer call) the FBI to make sure they know.

Of course the fact that the investigation that started in June and was completed in August has nothing to do with the facts at hand. According to you there are no political ramifications that information was held back until this week, or just days after the election. Then the blatant lies of the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack. Nah, its not political just happenstance. Right?
Oh, and let's not forget that like Stalin, or Sadaam, Oblamer got 99% of key votes in important cities like Philadelphia, Cleveland and other cities. Hmm.., strange isn't it. Voter fraud? Disinformation, propaganda coming from the White House? I know, Let's make Obama president for life. He's done such a great job on America so far. Who will Obama blame for the mess he's made and inherited after 4 years .

Is there a name for whats wrong w/ you?

He could keep a team of psychologists active for quite a while...no doubt.

An old general with an old fat wife sleeps with a much younger hottie. It does not get more pedestrian than that.

The hottie is riding on the general's coattails and then begins to suspect a third woman is horning in on the action. So she begins sending threatening emails to the third woman.

How ironic, no? How dare you cheat on your husband with the guy who is cheating on his wife with me. Back off!

The threatening emails are brought to the attention of the FBI...and here's the important part, conspiracy nutters. Are you paying attention?

Good.

The FBI began looking into the Petraeus affair BEFORE the attack on Benghazi.

Let's say that again:

It is also important to note the affair did not come to anyone's attention until AFTER Petraeus took the job as chief spook.

The only question that remains is when did the affair begin. If the affair began before he was sworn in as DCI, that means he was still on active duty in the military and therefore violating Article 134 of the UCMJ.

Regardless, once the FBI was informed of the affair they were OBLIGATED to investigate. You can't have our chief spook caught up in a messy affair which is turning nasty. That's not a good thing, national security-wise.
So let's stop making extra shit up in the absence of information.

He was sworn in a little over a year ago. If it comes out that he was having an affair with this woman before the swearing in; thats the ballgame. It looks like it goes back quite a ways.

You don't find the timing of the bombshell to be just a little suspect? I know there are coincidences all the time. For example, If you were to tell me that the GOP would nominate the architect of Obamacare as their candidate where he would be running against Obama partly to repeal Obamacare, I'd tell you you were nuts too. Maybe I'm nuts but the timing seems really convenient for our President.

I do since they knew beforehand. Why do you?

I don't think it will happen but the timing of all of this seems really convenient for the President does it not? Not even a peep and now we have what is, at least, a four person scandal involving the CIA director and the nominee to become the head of NATO. I almost forgot the FBI agent.

It would seem really remarkable that all of this took place prior to the FBI vetting of General Petraeus for the top slot at the CIA so we have that failure as well.

And there may be the smoking gun; if the FBI reported it to the President and the Senate body that held his confirmation hearings and these men simply ignored it...this should blow up in all of their faces and let the chips fall where they may. If the FBI didn't know it, that is in some light an even greater scandal.

Again, I do not think it happened but it sure sounds like a case of either the FBI dropping the ball or the White House and Senate leadership looking the other way.

It would seem that the FBI agent that took it upon himself to investigate e-mail "threats" for a personal friend and kept it hush hush will probably lose his job. Not Obama.

You're probably right.

Nobody cared about Ben Gotcha last week.
Nobody cares this week.
Nobody will care next week either.

Millions still do.

No, they do not.

Actually, they do. It's unfortunate that a disgusting few seem to think that the murder of fellow-Americans means nothing, but the larger majority of decent people are still outraged that this was not only permitted to happen, but that this administration saw fit to bury it under a thin veil of ridiculous lies.

No, they do not.

So I guess we don't need any hearings either.

Not really. Much like the 9/11 Commission Report; the FBI had done most of the investigating prior to the commission even being impaneled (sp?). Maybe we can get a Ben Gotcha commission going huh? That'll deliver all of the answers except people like you will be asking if they tested for thermite.

Nope. I just want the truth. That's all.

I have it on good authority that the Obama's dog handler let Boo pooh on the white house lawn and didn't pick it up.

If THAT isn't reason enough to can Obummer... I don't know what is..

What leads you to think this has anything to do with Obama. The facts so far seem to point to the FBI knowing about it, deciding there was no criminal behavior, and dropping it. Then an FBI agent with a hardon for Petraeus (fueled by jealousy perhaps) tells Eric Cantor, who several days later calls (or has a staffer call) the FBI to make sure they know.

Of course the fact that the investigation that started in June and was completed in August has nothing to do with the facts at hand. According to you there are no political ramifications that information was held back until this week, or just days after the election. Then the blatant lies of the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack. Nah, its not political just happenstance. Right?
Oh, and let's not forget that like Stalin, or Sadaam, Oblamer got 99% of key votes in important cities like Philadelphia, Cleveland and other cities. Hmm.., strange isn't it. Voter fraud? Disinformation, propaganda coming from the White House? I know, Let's make Obama president for life. He's done such a great job on America so far. Who will Obama blame for the mess he's made and inherited after 4 years .

What mess?

See how simple that was?

Well, for starters obamalamadingdong stuck his nose in this morning and said Petraues didn't have to testify, the stand in could do it. That's pretty damn telling in and of its self. He's got some serious skin in this game. Serious.

This could be why the timing is suspect:

Petraeus Personally Investigated Benghazi Attack in Libya - ABC News

They knew about the sex scandal beforehand, allowed it to stay hidden until after the election knowing full well that the hearings were looming. This was their get out of jail card. O then releases Petraeus from testimony and places that responsibility on his successor. Ta da.

Last edited:

The timing is the only thing that really gets me. Seems a little too convenient that there isn't a peep then BOOM, the CIA director and presumptive NATO commander get caught up in a scandal literally before the votes are counted?

Either the FBI didn't uncover this or it did and it's superiors didn't care.

Petraeus isn't taking the fall for anyone. If that were the playbook, he'd be doing the Poindexter thing.

By running to Cantor (why him is I think a very important question....why not someone on the intelligence committee?) and then Cantor contacting the FBI made it beyond likely that now the cat was out of the bag and the FBI had to do something formally. So the timing has more to do with the FBI "whistleblower" and his vendetta than any other factor.

The timing is the only thing that really gets me. Seems a little too convenient that there isn't a peep then BOOM, the CIA director and presumptive NATO commander get caught up in a scandal literally before the votes are counted?

Petraeus isn't taking the fall for anyone. If that were the playbook, he'd be doing the Poindexter thing.

By running to Cantor (why him is I think a very important question....why not someone on the intelligence committee?) and then Cantor contacting the FBI made it beyond likely that now the cat was out of the bag and the FBI had to do something formally. So the timing has more to do with the FBI "whistleblower" and his vendetta than any other factor.

Well, the FBI investigations I'm speaking of are the ones that are (or at least should be done) to all Presidential Nominations. At least I think that is still the SOP for these things.

Isn't there an FBI background check for people who are going to be part of the NSA not to mention the head of the CIA?

Well, the FBI investigations I'm speaking of are the ones that are (or at least should be done) to all Presidential Nominations. At least I think that is still the SOP for these things.

Isn't there an FBI background check for people who are going to be part of the NSA not to mention the head of the CIA?
Yeah, but I don't think they read your emails as a matter of course. They interview neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. and check your background. The FBI only started reading P's emails when the other other woman started complaining of being harassed.

So I guess we don't need any hearings either.

Not really. Much like the 9/11 Commission Report; the FBI had done most of the investigating prior to the commission even being impaneled (sp?). Maybe we can get a Ben Gotcha commission going huh? That'll deliver all of the answers except people like you will be asking if they tested for thermite.

Nope. I just want the truth. That's all.

So do they. Just ask them.

Mark my words--bookmark this post--when the hearings into Ben Gotcha doesn't produce a body or head you can parade around with on a pike, you or someone like you will be on this message board and the words "whitewash" won't be far behind.

Well, for starters obamalamadingdong stuck his nose in this morning and said Petraues didn't have to testify, the stand in could do it. That's pretty damn telling in and of its self. He's got some serious skin in this game. Serious.

Link?

Obama can't excuse someone from testifying before Congress....especially a civilian.

An old general with an old fat wife sleeps with a much younger hottie. It does not get more pedestrian than that.

The hottie is riding on the general's coattails and then begins to suspect a third woman is horning in on the action. So she begins sending threatening emails to the third woman.

How ironic, no? How dare you cheat on your husband with the guy who is cheating on his wife with me. Back off!

The threatening emails are brought to the attention of the FBI...and here's the important part, conspiracy nutters. Are you paying attention?

Good.

Let's say that again:

It is also important to note the affair did not come to anyone's attention until AFTER Petraeus took the job as chief spook.

The only question that remains is when did the affair begin. If the affair began before he was sworn in as DCI, that means he was still on active duty in the military and therefore violating Article 134 of the UCMJ.

Regardless, once the FBI was informed of the affair they were OBLIGATED to investigate. You can't have our chief spook caught up in a messy affair which is turning nasty. That's not a good thing, national security-wise.
So let's stop making extra shit up in the absence of information.

He was sworn in a little over a year ago. If it comes out that he was having an affair with this woman before the swearing in; thats the ballgame. It looks like it goes back quite a ways.

You don't find the timing of the bombshell to be just a little suspect? I know there are coincidences all the time. For example, If you were to tell me that the GOP would nominate the architect of Obamacare as their candidate where he would be running against Obama partly to repeal Obamacare, I'd tell you you were nuts too. Maybe I'm nuts but the timing seems really convenient for our President.

Why do I what?

"IF" the POTUS didn't know, well that in and of itself is unacceptable.

Why do I what?

Why do YOU think it's suspect?

Yeah....they must have ordered the el cheapo version of the background check.

Which Republican has the bigger binder full of women: Romney or Petraeus?

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back