Pete Rose probably would have broke Joe Dimaggio's record

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA RAM FAN, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Fiero425

Fiero425 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +908
    Unfortunately one of the most flawed human beings in the history of sports! He not only wasn't contrite when busted, like Trump today he flaunted it; actually exposing the worst of himself in a bad Bio pic I saw! :aargh: :blahblah: :cranky: :eusa_whistle:

2. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816

I of course never wanted the pitchers back then to slow pitch him like some nutcase here theorized. The pitchers should have been trying to get him out of course like ANY other batter but Garber sure as hell didnt have to freaking pitch to him in that game like it was the fucking 9th inning and the 7th game of the world series as Rose said he did.

That is why i can pretty much guarantee nobody will ever come close as Rose did to break Dimaggios hitting streak again because the closer Rose got to breaking Dimagios record,the pitchers started pitching him tougher and tougher because they did NOT want to be the pitcher that gave him the hit to him that would break Dimaggios record. as i said earlier,when Rose got closer to breaking the record getting up into the upper 30's and low 40's,the pitchers when they gave up a hit to him,they acted like they gave up the winning run in the 9th game of the world series kcining over water coolers and throwing baseball bats in the dugout and everything,they acted like it was the end of the world when they gave up a hit to him and he got closer.

it was a little extreme for garber to pitch to Rose to him like it was the 9th inning of the world series and it was for sure VERY extreme for pitchers to get so angry after giving up the hit that made him get higher into the upper 30[s and low 40's acting liek it was the end of the world.

that is WHY Dimmagios record will NEVER be broken or anyone will ever come as close as rose did because Rose was a hitting machine that could hit the best of them as i just proved in the OP. If they pitched to Rose,probably the best hitter to ever play the game as tough as they did when he got closer to tyng Joes record,you dont think they would do the same thing with the NEXT hitter that came that close who WONT be as great a hiiter as Rose was? Not happening Joes record is here to stay.

3. Marion Morrison

Marion Morrison BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,329
    What kind of asshole would bet on his team to lose? I'm betting on my team to win! :113:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    and I just got done proving that YOU were clueless in your ramblings and warped theory that I wanted them to make it easy for him,i just laid out the FACTS what Rose said,and you came up with this wild ass assumption and theory that I wanted them to make it easy for him after i was just posting what Rose said himself.:rolleyes:

I thought i made it perfectly clear in my OP,that it was my opinion that had Rose not faced a pitcher he had never faced before during that streak,Rose would have broken Dimaggios record. I would expect an idiot like Pooper or Unkotore or Grampa to say something retarded like that.:rolleyes:

whatever that has to do with a 56 game hitting streak is beyond me MM...

and however you ever pulled out of your ass that I wanted the pitchers to slow pitch to Rose from that OP of mine is beyond ME.:cuckoo::lmao::laughing0301:

Pete Rose had talent, moreso than Johnny Bench, true story.

True.But what does that have to do with the OP and what does that flyout in the world series have to do with it?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  5. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Adamantium Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,176
    i must have really hit a soft spot with you....are you going to start crying next about what i said?...oh wait you already have....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    glad to see you admit you have reading comprehension problems.:abgg2q.jpg:

since you do have that problem,i see where you missed WHY i said NOBODY will ever come close as Rose did to breaking Joes record because since you DID mention that wildass theory,Rose mentioned that Garber pitched to him like it was the 9th inning of the 7th game of the world series.

I DO think like anybody else would that while I wanted Garber to try and get Rose out it WAS a little extreme to pitch to him like it was the 9th inning of the 7th game of the world series though pretty silly to act like he did like it was the end of the world if he gave up one hit.to him:rolleyes:Life goes on,Garber acted like if he gave up a hit to Rose,he was going to commit suicide or something.jesus christ,like i said,life goes on.its not the end of the word as Garber believed it was if he allowed a hit to Rose.yes try and get him out,but to act like its the end of the world if you dont,thats being way too extreme.:rolleyes:

that is WHY i GUARANTEE Dimaggios record will never be broken.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    this is WHY nobody will ever some even as close to breaking Joes record as Rose did and WHY Dimaggios record is safe. It was not just Garber. I remember seeing on the highlights of news reports when that was going on.I was on vacation with my parents then and it was such big news,it would be broadcast on the tv at resteraunts we stopped by. It was the talk of the town everywhere we traveled.

It wasnt just Garber that took it personal if Rose got a hit. as soon as Rose got into the upper 30's and lover 40's,anytime he got a hit,pitchers would act like it was the end of the world,they would thrown bats and knock over the cooler when they got into the dugout.I guarantee they never acted like that when Dimaggio had HIS hitting streak.

Rose who was pretty much the best hitter to ever play the game it can be argued,played the game with a passion you will NEVER see from another ballplayer again and IF they did start getting as close to Rose did,you dont think they would take it personal and act like it was the end of the world if they gave up a hit to THEM as well? you KNOW they would. same as back then with Rose,they also would want to be the pitcher that stopped the streak which is WHY those pitchers acted like that when they got into the dugout when facing Rose back thent.:abgg2q.jpg: THEY wanted to be the pitcher that stopped the streak.they would do that in the future with the next hitter as well and he wont be as great a hitter as rose was.

that is ALSO why nobody will EVER break Roses all time hits record either. People dont realise that while its not hard to hit a baseball,how difficult it REALLY is trying to hit it where nobody can get it,that is WHY noboboy will ever break Dimaggios record or Roses record because of just how difficult it really is to hit the ball where the players cant get it.

8. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    yep,that was WHY he was the best of the best,that and ALSO because he could HIT the best of the best as i talked about in my OP.

9. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,816
    Oh yeah indeed,the phils would NEVER have won their first world series title in 1980 without him. they would never have won the division and they for sure would not have beat the astros in the playoff game without him.

as i said before,he was the ONLY hitter that was able to hit Nolan Ryan in his FIRST at bat against him,none of the others could,he could hit the best of the best for sure.

true that astro turf helped him in a lot of his hits but like i said,he could hit the best of the best including hall of famers like Nolan Ryan who as i have said many times on this thread,was the ONLY hitter who got a hit off of him in his FIRST at bat in the first meeting when they faced him. He was always a tough out as he proved in that playoff game,where none of the others could hit him in their first at bat,HE found a way cause he could hit the best of the best.:)

the fact it is so difficult to get at least 200 hits a year for at least 20 years of playing the game,it is safe to say nobody will ever break his all time hitting streak same as nobody will ever break joe dimmagios 56 game hitting streak.

10. Fiero425

Fiero425 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +908
    I know the least about baseball, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know why this is the case; clutching up on the bat gave him supreme control to be a deadly contact hitter! Even if it meant dropping the ball down and beating it out to 1st, no-hitters weren't safe if he was coming to the plate! This coming from someone that has never been able to stand his guts! He's always been an a-hole and it never changed! :icon_sjung: :102: :321: :2cents:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019