Pet Names Cause Divorce?

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
Today is Valentine's Day, when even the most exhausted and battle-worn couples find a flicker of passion.

The guys will buy something nice and soap up twice in the shower before dinner. The ladies might slip into something a little more comfortable.

But then tomorrow will come, and -- just as on the other 364 days of the year -- husband and wife will climb back on the treadmill of marriage. There they will continue with the predictable ins and outs of many marriages, the routine, the predictability, the sameness.
Compare that with those first fiery days after you met, when you focused your attention on nothing but each other -- and back seats, sleeping bags and futons.

Thinking about all that might make a husband or wife look over during a commercial break and ask: "Honey, what did we do wrong?"

What you did wrong -- among other things -- was call each other "honey" in the first place.

Pet names -- "honey," "darling," "super-snuggly-puggly," whatever -- need to be expunged from a couple's vocabulary, say Julienne Davis and Maggie Arana, authors of "Stop Calling Him Honey . . . And Start Having Sex!"

Calling your spouse your "pookie" or "huggums" flips a switch in the subconscious, and suddenly your husband or wife is no longer that hot, sensual creature you once lusted after.

"It turns people into an asexual, cuddly teddy-bear toy that you want to spoon with and watch funny movies with and drink hot chocolate with," says Davis, "but it doesn't make you want to shag them!

Want a happy sex life? Don't use pet names | cleveland.com

What say you? Agree?

I've been wanting to get a few cats for varmint control around the house (our house was built in 1927) but the wife doesn't like pets. So we compromised and just put everything edible into tupperware containers.

Problem solved with no cat hair, no cat shit, no cat piss. And no cat smell. Sexor life, just fine!

Well my sex life is always enhanced by being called, "darling" or "baby." Love those turn-ons. *WOO*

Today is Valentine's Day, when even the most exhausted and battle-worn couples find a flicker of passion.

The guys will buy something nice and soap up twice in the shower before dinner. The ladies might slip into something a little more comfortable.

But then tomorrow will come, and -- just as on the other 364 days of the year -- husband and wife will climb back on the treadmill of marriage. There they will continue with the predictable ins and outs of many marriages, the routine, the predictability, the sameness.
Compare that with those first fiery days after you met, when you focused your attention on nothing but each other -- and back seats, sleeping bags and futons.

Thinking about all that might make a husband or wife look over during a commercial break and ask: "Honey, what did we do wrong?"

What you did wrong -- among other things -- was call each other "honey" in the first place.

Pet names -- "honey," "darling," "super-snuggly-puggly," whatever -- need to be expunged from a couple's vocabulary, say Julienne Davis and Maggie Arana, authors of "Stop Calling Him Honey . . . And Start Having Sex!"

Calling your spouse your "pookie" or "huggums" flips a switch in the subconscious, and suddenly your husband or wife is no longer that hot, sensual creature you once lusted after.

"It turns people into an asexual, cuddly teddy-bear toy that you want to spoon with and watch funny movies with and drink hot chocolate with," says Davis, "but it doesn't make you want to shag them!

What say you? Agree?

This looks like one of those women's magazine articles that attempts to analyze a common problem with couples in a typical glib fashion. Sex sells. The lack of sex sells. Only idiots believe these articles. Stress and the build up of baggage just doing the business of being married kills sexual desire not pet names. If a partner in a marriage wants hot sex then have an affair.

Last edited:

What say you? Agree?

This looks like one of those women's magazine articles that attempts to analyze a common problem with couples in a typical glib fashion. Sex sells. The lack of sex sells. Only idiots believe these articles. Stress and the build up of baggage just doing the business of being married kills sexual desire not pet names. If a partner in a marriage wants hot sex then have an affair.

There are ways to keep the home fires burning Huggy *baby* and I know them all. It works until the divorce....:lol:

There are ways to keep the home fires burning Huggy *baby* and I know them all. It works until the divorce....:lol:

PUUULLLEEEEZZZ!!!!! You are a for real stone cold goddess. I would want sex with you in the middle of a heart attack. Almost any healthy man would. What percentage of married women look like you? 1%??? WAY LESS???

I don't even know how or why ugly people even have sex. Sex is all in the mind. It is about satisfying a fantasy you have been taught since a child. NOBODY fantasizes about having sex with a fat ugly person. Not even fat ugly people.

I was probably never in your level of attractiveness...close maybe when I was in my twenties. I got recruited as a model for Cover Girl in Miami .. been laid at least by a thousand women. Most of it was great sex. Why? because there was attraction!!! Face it...you are not going to have GREAT SEX unless you WANT GREAT SEX. That does not mean you want to satisfy the other person. That can only amount to GOOD SEX. Great sex requires mutual LUST!!! GREAT SEX is a function of satisfying YOUR OWN DESIRE!! Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying their own desires at the same time.

Last edited:

PUUULLLEEEEZZZ!!!!! You are a for real stone cold goddess. I would want sex with you in the middle of a heart attack. What percentage of married women look like you? 1%??? WAY LESS???

I don't even know how or why ugly people even have sex. Sex is all in the mind. It is about satisfying a fantasy you have been taught since a child. NOBODY fantasizes about having sex with a fat ugly person. Not even fat ugly people.

I was probably never in your level of attractiveness...close maybe when I was in my twenties. I got recruited as a model for Cover Girl in Miami .. been laid at least by a thousand women. Most of it was great sex. Why? because there was attraction!!! Face it...you are not going to have GREAT SEX unless you WANT GREAT SEX. That does not mean you want to satisfy the other person. That can only amount to GOOD SEX. Great sex requires mutual LUST!!! GREAT SEX is a function of satisfying YOUR OWN DESIRE!! Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying their own desires at the same time.

"Great sex requires mutual LUST!!! GREAT SEX is a function of satisfying YOUR OWN DESIRE!! Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying their own desires at the same time."

Wonderfully stated, you hunk! :D Truly great sex is also when the chemistry is burning every time you look at a person. That is why it is important to stay looking physically fit, because if you love the way you look, you will be hot in the arms of the object of your affection and he or she will want to be there every chance they get. *WOO*

PUUULLLEEEEZZZ!!!!! You are a for real stone cold goddess. I would want sex with you in the middle of a heart attack. What percentage of married women look like you? 1%??? WAY LESS???

"Great sex requires mutual LUST!!! GREAT SEX is a function of satisfying YOUR OWN DESIRE!! Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying their own desires at the same time."

Wonderfully stated, you hunk! :D Truly great sex is also when the chemistry is burning every time you look at a person. That is why it is important to stay looking physically fit, because if you love the way you look, you will be hot in the arms of the object of your affection and he or she will want to be there every chance they get. *WOO*

Thank you for that. I would be happy to discuss great sex with you anytime. :lol:

PUUULLLEEEEZZZ!!!!! You are a for real stone cold goddess. I would want sex with you in the middle of a heart attack. Almost any healthy man would. What percentage of married women look like you? 1%??? WAY LESS???

You do know the difference between fantasy and reality, right Huggy? :lol:

I'm with you up until your last comment. If partners within a marriage keep the lines of communication open and voice their needs and desires, then hot sex will happen!

Go on and tell my reproductive organs that sex is all in the mind. Ha!

You're wrong if you believe that all women only want to satisfy themselves and that the want to satisfy their man can only lead to GOOD SEX. That is bullshit HUGGY. Sure, we all want to have someone make us feel good, but sometimes a woman, speaking for myself only, can get just as much pleasure getting her man off. The power that a woman posseses ... bringing her man right to the edge of Mt. I'm Going To Blow can be so very satisfying!

Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying the needs of each other at the same time.

You do know the difference between fantasy and reality, right Huggy? :lol:

The 70's were a little unreal. :lol: What? :eek: You don't believe me? The HUGGY you all know and love certainly wouldn't have received that much attention. :lol: I guess that's why models are all young. Believe THIS... there was a hell of a lot more sex then than now. No Aides.... No internet to waste time on... :lol:

The leading cause to a sexless/light marriage is children.

Once you have a few, you really start to wonder; "Are we sure these will keep us from having another?"

Allthough.. Making out in front of your kids is year upon year of entertainment.

Laughter is the best way to keep a marriage happy.

If there is no laughter then you are in trouble.

I'm with you up until your last comment. If partners within a marriage keep the lines of communication open and voice their needs and desires, then hot sex will happen!

I was half joking.. Affairs break up good marriages. I do believe though, that "forbidden" sex has a certain appeal that cannot be duplicated within the confines of familiarity.

Marriage is a contract to form a partnership usually for the purpose of creating a home for a family and with it children. If you think after 5 years you are going to burn up the back seat of a Buick with your partner then you should stay single.

I was half joking.. Affairs break up good marriages. I do believe though, that "forbidden" sex has a certain appeal that cannot be duplicated within the confines of familiarity.

Marriage is a contract to form a partnership usually for the purpose of creating a home for a family and with it children. If you think after 5 years you are going to burn up the back seat of a Buick with your partner then you should stay single.

Huggy you are correct, some of the hottest sex I ever had was with a married woman when I was single, I knew her and I knew she was married and we knew what we were doing was wrong but it was so fuckin hot, I didn't even wear a condom when I nailed her, it was explosive!

Go on and tell my reproductive organs that sex is all in the mind. Ha!

It certainly starts in your mind.

You're wrong if you believe that all women only want to satisfy themselves and that the want to satisfy their man can only lead to GOOD SEX.

That's not what I said.

That is bullshit HUGGY. Sure, we all want to have someone make us feel good, but sometimes a woman, speaking for myself only, can get just as much pleasure getting her man off.

That is just not true. There is plenty of "good" sex happening. I'm not criticizing good sex and a dedicated "taking care of your man's needs". Mindblowing great sex requires lust from both partners.

The power that a woman posseses ... bringing her man right to the edge of Mt. I'm Going To Blow can be so very satisfying!

Truly great sex is when both partners are satisfying the needs of each other at the same time.

Isn't that what I have been saying?

Forum List

Back