Personal finance

i laugh and laugh and laugh.....

I am probably the least ' formerly educated' poster you'll talk to here

It's not the teachers fault, i was simply a hard kid

Yet i grew up hard, the great unwashed

Living better, eating better, than most of you do

Because i am the master of my existence , juxtaposed to whom y'all would teach me to bow down to

~S~

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm an insider who is also an outsider. Look how Winco mocks my profession. HE teaches the important subjects but apparently cannot read for comprehension nor inference.

I believe--and hope--that it has always made me a little more sympathetic to kids who just don't "do school" well. People like Winco also feel I am not really "school". Well, screw that anyway. In many ways, school sucks.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm an insider who is also an outsider. Look how Winco mocks my profession. HE teaches the important subjects but apparently cannot read for comprehension nor inference.

I believe--and hope--that it has always made me a little more sympathetic to kids who just don't "do school" well. People like Winco also feel I am not really "school". Well, screw that anyway. In many ways, school sucks.
Schools sucks Sue?

well one of my retirement delusions is making a few $$'s playing out, something i've done for quite some time, and am making more time for

Now if one wishes to be good at it, one needs to play w/folks that are good, if not better than one's self.

That means sorts that know their theory vs, 'ear players' who are no more than mimics

Regrettably, if i had'nt been such a d*ckhead in school , i'd know a relative minor isn't a kissin' cousin..... :cool: ~S~

Schools sucks Sue?

well one of my retirement delusions is making a few $$'s playing out, something i've done for quite some time, and am making more time for

Now if one wishes to be good at it, one needs to play w/folks that are good, if not better than one's self.

That means sorts that know their theory vs, 'ear players' who are no more than mimics

Regrettably, if i had'nt been such a d*ckhead in school , i'd know a relative minor isn't a kissin' cousin..... :cool: ~S~

Yes, school is a huge system, fraught with bureaucracy. And that often sucks, mostly for kids, but also for adults.

The best way to make music is if you can read music and ALSO play by ear....

If you want to quit, just quit already.

Kids are not taught the dangers of interest rates and debt for the same reason they aren't taught of the dangers of all of the crap that is in food. Colleges and loan companies need them to be financially ignorant, otherwise it hurts their business. Just like a healthy generation would hurt the medical industry. Keep that pipeline filled!

Ok, what class do you cut ?
CRT or equivalent.
Basic personal finance should be part of a basic economics class. Personal finance basics wouldn't even take a full quarter as a one hour required in place of an elective.
FWIW, when I was single father of my two boys back thru the 1990s I often had to redo basic material their teachers botched or failed to correctly teach. Especially the embedded propaganda and left-wing indoctrination crap. Still see same issues with the grandkids.

Kids are not taught the dangers of interest rates and debt for the same reason they aren't taught of the dangers of all of the crap that is in food. Colleges and loan companies need them to be financially ignorant, otherwise it hurts their business. Just like a healthy generation would hurt the medical industry. Keep that pipeline filled!
Reminds me of this advert I hear often on the radio about help with student loans. One of the "actors" says something to the effect, "I thought they wouldn't loan me more (money for college) than I could pay back." So many layers of dufus and stupid in that statement, but main one is how did he even qualify for collage when it sounds like he shouldn't have passed high school? At least back in the 1960s when I went through such we were taught between than now five decades later.

Reminds me of this advert I hear often on the radio about help with student loans. One of the "actors" says something to the effect, "I thought they wouldn't loan me more (money for college) than I could pay back." So many layers of dufus and stupid in that statement, but main one is how did he even qualify for collage when it sounds like he shouldn't have passed high school? At least back in the 1960s when I went through such we were taught between than now five decades later.
My wife and I have always been very debt wary. Her parents were frugal to a fault as they had to be raising 9 kids. My parents had no clue about money and struggled with debt until they died. That's how we "learned".

i laugh and laugh and laugh.....

I am probably the least ' formerly educated' poster you'll talk to here

It's not the teachers fault, i was simply a hard kid

Yet i grew up hard, the great unwashed

Living better, eating better, than most of you do

Because i am the master of my existence , juxtaposed to whom y'all would teach me to bow down to

~S~
You're a legend in your own mind.

Forum List

Back