Personal finance

Please stop being a grammar Nazi and just answer a fucking question.

Because Winco does not understand the use of the colon, he got from my sentence the exact opposite of what I meant. That is not being a "grammar Nazi". That is asking an adult to read for comprehension.

That's first.

Second, I am never, ever beholden to respond to anything. Never.

Because Winco does not understand the use of the colon, he got from my sentence the exact opposite of what I meant. That is not being a "grammar Nazi". That is asking an adult to read for comprehension.

That's first.

Yeh OK you didn't reply to his question because he used a colon incorrectly.

Grammar Nazi

Grammar Nazi

So let's say you type: Let's eat, children.

And I say "OMG you want to eat children, you're a cannibal!"

Are you beholden to respond to my accusation?

So let's say you type: Let's eat, children.

And I say "OMG you want to eat children, you're a cannibal!"

Are you beholden to respond to my accusation?

Then you obviously can't communicate with people other than on a purely literal level.

If a person is speaking to you you must need them to verbally include punctuation.

so the conversation would sound like this.

I am hungry period Let's eat comma grandpa.

Cut the shit already.

Please learn what a colon means in writing. Please.
I know perfectly well elementary music teacher.

So when you say get back to the basics, what are you saying?

I interpret it as meaning they don’t teach those basic subjects anymore

BTW, it’s Arithmetic.

That's first.

Grammar Nazi
It was the grammar nazi SweetSue92 who used the colon and falsely accused me of lack of reading comprehension.

Whereas, she won’t answer a basic question.

I know perfectly well elementary music teacher.

So when you say get back to the basics, what are you saying?

I interpret it as meaning they don’t teach those basic subjects anymore

BTW, it’s Arithmetic.

You really can't comprehend what that means and I'm in no mood to explain it to you. I teach a subject, by the way, more advanced than most. I had to be proficient in that subject to even GET INTO music school in the first place; I had to audition to prove I was capable. Do math/English/science ed majors have to test INTO the program? I don't think so.

You really can't comprehend what that means and I'm in no mood to explain it to you. I teach a subject, by the way, more advanced than most. I had to be proficient in that subject to even GET INTO music school in the first place; I had to audition to prove I was capable. Do math/English/science ed majors have to test INTO the program? I don't think so.

You mentioned that we need to get back to the basis.
The basics are taught.
Every school teaches reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Why is it so DIFFICULT for you to just respond and say why you think schools aren't doing the basics?
ie, your comment. Get back to basics: reading, writing, arithmetic.
'rithematic isn't even a word.

Is it that difficult SweetSue?

Everyone: Leave the kids alone! You're not their parents! Get back to basics: reading, writing, 'rithematic!

Also everyone: But teach them how to balance a checkbook, make a budget and stick to it and all about household finances too!

Do not wonder why we have a teacher shortage.

You mentioned that we need to get back to the basis.
The basics are taught.
Every school teaches reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Why is it so DIFFICULT for you to just respond and say why you think schools aren't doing the basics?
ie, your comment. Get back to basics: reading, writing, arithmetic.
'rithematic isn't even a word.

Is it that difficult SweetSue?
Declining scores on college admissions test, such as SAT, would suggest the public schools aren't doing a good or thorough job of teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic. Reading the graffiti on bathroom stall walls at college campuses would tend to underscore this.

Financial literacy is an elective in many high schools. We do a unit on teens and money in my advanced ESL class, and the kids love it. They pay closer attention during that unit than almost any other.

Financial literacy is an elective in many high schools. We do a unit on teens and money in my advanced ESL class, and the kids love it. They pay closer attention during that unit than almost any other.
Should be mandatory, not elective. Your class/school may be the exception.
What is "ESL"?

Declining scores on college admissions test, such as SAT, would suggest the public schools aren't doing a good or thorough job of teaching reading, writing, and arithmetic. Reading the graffiti on bathroom stall walls at college campuses would tend to underscore this.
How are the Lynden Lions doing?

Summer break. With grandkids in Blaine schools I'm more partial to them.
You still say you live in Lynden.
You should have an idea how the schools are doing.

The Blaine Borderites, how is their public school system?

Oh, and ESL.......English as a Second Language.

i laugh and laugh and laugh.....

I am probably the least ' formerly educated' poster you'll talk to here

It's not the teachers fault, i was simply a hard kid

Yet i grew up hard, the great unwashed

Living better, eating better, than most of you do

Because i am the master of my existence , juxtaposed to whom y'all would teach me to bow down to

~S~

Most of those graduating from high school and college have little or no financial education. Banks, credit card companies and other institutions prey upon young people, with dazzling ad's, which saddle these folks with debts they cannot repay. In addition, most young people have no clue how to set up a budget, a savings program, or other tools on how to run a household. Maybe in addition to cake baking and nutritional requirements, it's high time to put some economics into home economics classes.
For sure nobody should graduate high school without a good grounding in Constitution and how it was based on the Declaration of Independence and other founding documents, an understanding of basic government structures.

And just as important, every student should have a good grounding in basic banking, how to read a bank statement, a basic understanding of what different kinds of insurance do and what kinds are needed for home, auto, workplace, etc. They should understand how credit cards work and why they should be used sparingly and paid off as quickly as possible. They should be taught the consequences of bad credit and bankruptcy and the benefits of a good credit rating, how compound interest works, at least something about different kinds of financing and different kinds of investment.

Maybe most will just blow it off as the young too often do with such information, but it could help many to avoid some bad decisions or recognize bad advice when they get it.

Everyone: Leave the kids alone! You're not their parents! Get back to basics: reading, writing, 'rithematic!

Also everyone: But teach them how to balance a checkbook, make a budget and stick to it and all about household finances too!

Do not wonder why we have a teacher shortage.

For Winco

See how I attributed this to "everyone", with bold? What do you think this means?

I mean, according to you, I am ONLY an elem music teacher but can read for comprehension. Now it's your turn.

Forum List

Back