Person of the Year

And as for the “capitalism” angle, well Time managed to resist the urge to put, say, Elvis or Marylin Monroe or Madonna as the person of the year over the decades.

Pretty sure they would’ve sold more copies as cover photos then such heartthrobs like Kurschev or De Gaulle.

You do realize that Time explicitly says it chooses its person of the year based on them doing the most to influence the events of that year “for better or worse

They obviously weren’t endorsing Hitler etc. and their actions.

But, yes, naming Taylor Swift is indeed bullshit. Pure pandering.
Obviously? Surely you jest.

Since there is a reason for everything in life.....

"If you don't think the Left has plans to weaponize her just in time for 2024....

You clearly have not been paying attention." ;)

1701912272219.png

Obviously? Surely you jest.
Are you trying to say Time magazine named Adolf Hitler person of the year out of adoration?

Again, they explicitly state their decision process chooses people who’ve changed the world FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE

You just can’t admit you once again posted wild accusations as fact without doing even the slightest research

If post #97 will happen LOL

Imagine getting your political ideas from Taylor Swift.....it's enough for wanting the meteor to hit the

Earth!:laugh:

If post #97 will happen LOL

Imagine getting your political ideas from Taylor Swift.....it's enough for wanting the meteor to hit the

Earth!:laugh:
Yeah, the democrats are hanging their future on TS. The MSM push to keep her in the news regardless of how irrelevant she is proves that. Come 2024, TS will stand for tough shit for the democrats.

My girlfriend is thrilled that Taylor Swift is Person of the Year. Is there anyone more popular?

Time Magazine is a has been. Hardly credible anymore. The marketing people know that putting Ta-Ta on the cover will sell tens of thousands more issues.

When my wife and I got married in 1971 we subscribed to Time. We did it for over 25 years. By the 1990s we realized Time was nothing more a Leftest mouth piece. Like when the Time female reported said she would give Slick Willy a blowjob because of his support of abortion. They always endorse the filthy ass Democrats. We dropped our subscription.

Hope they are happy with their 13 year old girl customers.

My girlfriend is thrilled that Taylor Swift is Person of the Year. Is there anyone more popular?

All I ask for that distinction is that the POY be a specific person or persons. I really hated it when TIME made it the generic "You" in 2006 or "The Whistleblowers" in 2002. And don't forget the selection in 1982... Ms. Swift fits my minimum standard for how I think the award should go, so I'm not going to complain.

Forum List

Back