Persecution of the Church

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Mrs. M., Nov 4, 2015.

1. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Point out all these 'Anti-God' posts I've made, Jake, then we can discuss what 'side' I'm on.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,252
    We are discussing what you are posting, and those are the ones that show what side you are on.

You do not get to run from your words or deflect from them.

3. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    So? Did I say anything different?

Those aren't Gospels, they just pretend to be. The orthodoxy adopted by the Nicean councils was the earliest and most accepted. Some writings were left out because they were redundant, not necessarily because they were 'wrong'; many were left out because they were considered 'passion' literature, personal interpretations or discussions by others, and not directly related to the early orthodoxy. Others, like the gnostic writings, were not accepted because they were gibberish philosophizing and in many cases outright lies and not at all consistent with Christianity, and any reading of them makes that easy to establish.

Only for those whose real objective is to distort and rewrite the theology in their own images, usually unrelated to real theology and more in the vein of bashing the orthodoxy and discrediting it than any honest reasons.

Anecdotal stories about some crank or other doesn't validate crank theories.

History proves to me that the orthodoxy won out because it was the most accurate, widely accepted, and widespread. Finding a handful of scrolls somewhere in isolated places doesn't make them the dominant 'truth', or that they were deliberately oppressed by evul meanies or something.

Ironic, given it's you who doesn't like the orthodoxy and is trying to revise it, not me.

4. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Yes,we know you're embarrassed by your typical knee-jerk reactionary stereo-typing. I didn't think you knew what you were talking about, and were just trolling for attention. Go ahead and point out that 'anti-God' stuff I posted here, Jake. Quote all those 'anti-God' posts I've supposedly made, and link to them, so we can all see what I'm allegedly 'running from' in your mind.

5. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42,252
    Says the troll who cannot handle honest criticism.

Yes, you are a knee-jerk reactionary who simply disagrees with others. So what.

Jesus and the apostles disagree with you, kiddo, so yeah you are anti-Godist.

6. DarkFury

DarkFury Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,822
    Outstanding opening. Might do well.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. DarkFury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,822
    Atheist IS a religion using the general terms that define one. They write books the can attend meetings and hold a certain core thoughts as the same. So atheist IS a religion but NOT a "faith" in the Christian sense. But as it is held by the many with no more proof then the other it as well is based on faith.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    lol ... so now you have to make up stuff I wasn't talking about, so you can 'refute' it? I said nothing at all about Jesus or the Apostles, Jake, but apparently you think Jesus and the Apostles were gnostics? That makes no sense at all, but then that's what you do. So you think Thomas was a real 'Gospel', do you? Neither you or Kosh are even talking about the same subject I am, but apparently you're both too confused to grasp that and are going on about something different. But I will read what you think refutes the orthodoxy in favor of this imaginary secret Jesus both of you seem to think some conspiracy theory suppressed and distorted. So far there is no evidence of any such thing in the historical record to support the view that the gnostic beliefs were anything but isolated little cults and not even remotely mainstream.

Or you can just continue your usual dumbassery. Go ahead and produce all that evidence gnosticism was the real Christianity, or go annoy somebody in the fever swamps with your silly Emily Letella Moments

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  9. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,951
    Don't confuse all atheists with the Dawkins Dufuses; we're not all supportive of that neurotic sociopath, for one, and for two, atheism has nothing to do with what I'm talking about re the early history of Christianity and its progress. Apparently you have some weird perception that I'm attacking it or something. You got that from Jake's retarded posts, not mine.

Don't be a Jake; it will only bring you insanity and sadness.

10. DarkFury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,822
    Jake and I seldom agree but when WE DO. Its like hitting a brick wall.