Zone1 Perhaps the most compelling prophesy in human history.

That’s because you don’t believe in God and Jesus is the son of God. I recognize this because I believe and know Jesus is the son of God. Sorry you are clueless.

Isaiah 53 states that the servant is a metaphor for the entire nation of Israel.

The sufferings of the servant are seen as sufferings of the nation as a whole while in exile. This interpretation first appears with unnamed Jews familiar to Origen in the third century CE (see below), and it subsequently became the majority position within Judaism from the medieval period until today.

Isaiah 53 states that the servant is a metaphor for the entire nation of Israel.

The sufferings of the servant are seen as sufferings of the nation as a whole while in exile. This interpretation first appears with unnamed Jews familiar to Origen in the third century CE (see below), and it subsequently became the majority position within Judaism from the medieval period until today.
No it’s not. That’s the Jewish spin.

Antiochus IV was Greek. Daniel is all about Antiochus. He had defiled the temple and forbid circumcision..among other things in his efforts to hellenize the Jews. His was the first Abomination of Desolation.
There is no evidence Antiochus was even anointed. Why would religious Jews anoint a heretical and foreign and blasphemous king?

The verse also says the anointed one dies, or is cut off prematurely in life.

This never happened with Antiochus.

You also have the nightmare of trying to explain why the first Christian and Jewish theologians never made reference to that possibility.

Literally, there is no writing by anyone agreeing with you.

Where did you get this?

Antiochus IV was Greek. Daniel is all about Antiochus. He had defiled the temple and forbid circumcision..among other things in his efforts to hellenize the Jews. His was the first Abomination of Desolation.

Just more claptrap from a non Christian point of view.

What is wrong with you people .?
Surely you see how fast Cult Christians are dying off and you understand the hatred that is building against you because of 2000 years of lies and deceit .
What do you think is to be gained by raising Topics like these , showing that you remain clinically unwell and inviting those who are sick of you to find even more drastic ways to clean up the planet .
If you are not careful , you will all be congregated into holding camps and left to die .
Just carry on with your quaint beliefs but do it silently and avoid your last days being ultra unpleasant and your deaths possibly more violent than necessary .

You lead that charge.

Just more claptrap from a non Christian point of view.
The first chanukah was to celebrate the the rededication of the temple after it was defiled by Antiochus IV Epiphanes. He had turned it into the abomination of desolation. You are really ignorant.

There is no evidence Antiochus was even anointed. Why would religious Jews anoint a heretical and foreign and blasphemous king?

The verse also says the anointed one dies, or is cut off prematurely in life.

This never happened with Antiochus.

You also have the nightmare of trying to explain why the first Christian and Jewish theologians never made reference to that possibility.

Literally, there is no writing by anyone agreeing with you.

Where did you get this?
Antiochus Epiphanes was a son of Alexander the Great and king of Syria. He also ruled Palestine and the Jews hated him.

Some crazy stuff in this thread. Think I'll join in. NIV= Nearly Inspired Version. Stick with the KJV. Book of Morman is good for a doorstop, little else. Here is Son of Man defining verse: Ezek. 3
17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. Moses is Son of Man, Daniel is Son of Man, Jesus is Son of Man. It is a continuing position not unique to any individual. You have no clue as to the true nature of the abomination of desolation. It came into the world in the fall of 1983 and is growing. Jesus was anointed in the temple at 12 yrs. old when he was about His Father business.

Me neither. She's clearly wrong about Isaiah.
She doesn't get prophecy and not able to recognize time periods nor analogies in prophecies either. It's pretty sad. When I catch her on it, she never answers. Like in Isaiah chapter 29. The book referenced is obviously something in the last days, well into the future. She can't show what the book is and who and where it refers to.

Yes it is. The OT is 100% about Jesus because it also includes Jehovah who is Jesus. It’s about Jesus dealings with Israel and Judah yesterday, today and forever. It’s about his latter day (today) Church, doctrine and signs like the Book of Mormon (chapter 29). You have no eyes to see and ears to hear.

One must read the entire book of Isaiah in context and from an accurate Jewish translation (such as an Artscroll/ Mesorah Publication Bible).

It was written by Isaiah who was a prophet from 619-533 B.C.E. In the original text there were no chapters and breaks.

The book was written in fluid format and therefore, must be read as a whole. When doing so, you will note that this chapter, which is known as the "Fourth Servant Song" actually begins in chapter 52 verse 13.

But you, O Israel, My servant, Jacob, you whom I have chosen, offspring of Abraham who loved Me...and to whom I shall say: 'You are my servant' - I have chosen you and not rejected you." (Isaiah 41:8-9)

"But hear now Jacob, My servant, and Israel whom I have chosen!" (Isaiah 44:1)

"Remember these things, Jacob and Israel, for you are My servant: I fashioned you to be My servant: Israel do not forget Me!" (Isaiah 44:21)

"..for the sake of My servant Jacob and Israel, My chosen one: I have proclaimed you by name..." (Isaiah 45:4)

"...say, 'Hashem (God) has redeemed His servant Jacob." (Isaiah 48:20)

"...You are my servant, Israel, in whom I take glory." (Isaiah 49:3)

That’s because you don’t believe in God and Jesus is the son of God. I recognize this because I believe and know Jesus is the son of God. Sorry you are clueless.
You were chatting to Surada but I was chatting with Jesus last night , as I sometimes do , and he apologised but said he had never heard of you when I enquired .
I got the impression you were not in his good books and I noticed he face turned quite mean looking as though this was not the first time you two have had differences .
Careful . Not someone to cross when he gets stressed

Isaiah is writing about Israel the whole book and you think he changed to Jesus for one sentence? 🤣😂🤣
So, are you rejecting the many references to Jesus in Isaiah as revealed in the NT? Do a word study on "Esaias" ("Isaiah" as spelled in the KJV, NT).

I'm trying to be helpful here. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back