Perhaps the best Line in the 2008 Presidental Race so far:

“If you think those lobbyists are working day and night for John McCain just to put themselves out of business, well I’ve got a bridge to sell you up in Alaska.” - Barack Obama

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Obama: Believe McCain? I’ve got a bridge to sell you in Alaska - Blogs from CNN.com
I heard this today and I couldn't stop laughing. The best part is Sarah Palin keeps saying she stopped the project never mentioning she kept the money. They should of used part of the money to fix the ferry between the two islands.

Its okay, but its kind of cheesy.

I think its appalling that the political discourse in the country has sunken to giggles and whispers about Obama being a secret muslim, lipstick on a pig, or Old Man doesn't know how to get on a computer.

Lehman Bros., and Merril Lynch just crashed and burned. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had to be taken over by the government. 8 years of republican economic stewarship and oversight has been an unmitigated disaster. Alan Greenspan - not exactly a liberal - says this is the worst financial crisis he's seen in his lifetime....maybe the worst in the last half century.

And its because of the Bush republicans. But, we're stuck talking about Obama's birth certificate.

I think its appalling that the political discourse in the country has sunken to giggles and whispers about Obama being a secret muslim, lipstick on a pig, or Old Man doesn't know how to get on a computer.

Lehman Bros., and Merril Lynch just crashed and burned. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had to be taken over by the government. 8 years of republican economic stewarship and oversight has been an unmitigated disaster. Alan Greenspan - not exactly a liberal - says this is the worst financial crisis he's seen in his lifetime....maybe the worst in the last half century.

And its because of the Bush republicans. But, we're stuck talking about Obama's birth certificate.
Exactly, it is because repugs don't want to admit their guy failed on the job!

Because the GOP doesn't want this to be about the issues.

McCain's campaign manager said this was a campaign of personality, not issues.

If they debate the issues in the long run, they lose. So therefore they will smear, throw mud, and smear some more until Election Day.

Meanwhile hoping that the American people are stupid enough to fall for the same old politics.

Blah. blah, blah.

Keep your sense of humor. That's something even politicians can't take from you unless you let them.

How about this quote by the Chosen One..... "We live in the greatest nation on this Earth, I hope you will come with me and help me change it."

WOW!

No way, did he really say those things? :lol:

Of course "The fundamentals of the economy are still strong" on the day the Dow lost 500 points was pretty funny too. :)

Wow, that's up there with "Terrorists never stop thinking about how to destroy this country and neither do we."

Good one! I can see the Gaffe a day calendars won't stop anytime soon! Yay!

No way, did he really say those things? :lol:

Of course "The fundamentals of the economy are still strong" on the day the Dow lost 500 points was pretty funny too. :)

Another example of the media screwing up.

Obviously I'm no McCain supporter but he really said something quite different than that, and the media keeps taking what he said out of context.

I truly hate our national media more than I hate libertarians, folks.

They SET OUT to distort the record so that the American people stay misinformed and set at each other throats, too.

McCain acknowledged in that same SENTENCE the financial problems facing us.

It WAS an unfortunate choice of words to have concluded suing the phase words but the economy is funamentally sound, I'll admit.

But that the media reports only that PART of his statement, and not what proceeded it is what?

A FORKING LIE, brought to you by the MEDIA....not by the liberals, but the MEDIA.

Every liberal talking head I have listened to has POINTED OUT HOW UNFAIR IT WAS TO MCAIN to parce out part of what he said like the MEDIA did over and over again.

As an American I am as offended by this as any of you conservatives must be.

Just as I was offended when the Lip stiock on a pig bullshit issue was foisted on the public by the media which ALSO parced out Obama's statement from its context.

We really need to stop falling for this crappy reporting, folks.

It doesn't help our nation to fall for this kind of lie.

the meida LOVES to give us partial truth because it makes for spectacular headlines, but it does not inform us as it should.

Neither of these guys are damned fools, but the media just LOVES to portray BOTH them as such.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Gem
Yes he really did say both quotes

No... He really DIDN'T. It was a SPOOF posted ABOUT JOHN McCAIN

There are SO MANY REAL ISSUES, heaven forbid that the extremists should stop dealing in the scurrilous and untrue...

unbelievable.

THIS IS THE REAL QUOTE:

Three weeks ago, after New Hampshire, when Hill and McCain and the gang were all bragging about being "agents of change," a (non-U.S.) correspondent of mine emailed me his all-purpose stump speech for this primary season:
My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.

Quoth Obama?

and a link to the original posting BY MARK STEYN (notice... NOT by Barack Obama)

The Corner on National Review Online

You need to take more responsibility for your vote than posting urban legends.

*Second best sounbyte thus far?

*" If I walked down the street today and asked one hundred peole if the economy was basically sound, not one person would say yes.... unless I met John McCain. "

* (paraphrased from memory ALERT)

Well here is a quote I can actually back up with facts, I apologize for last one, I was mislead by "friends" to believe the quote was legit. This one I assure is:

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

And here is one more:
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Well here is a quote I can actually back up with facts, I apologize for last one, I was mislead by "friends" to believe the quote was legit. This one I assure is:

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

you really wanna go with him misspeaking and saying "states" instead of "counties"...

ok...

mccain doesn't know the difference between sunni and shi'a...

gee... which matters more?

and if you really want to get silly, mccain doesn't know how many houses he has.... it's 11, btw, at least according to Paul Begala, who said that HE checked the property records.

just sayin'

now, how about talking about things that actually matter.... if you're capable.

And here is one more:
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

you're not very bright, are you? either that, or you're very very young.

how about talking about the fact that "mccain doesn't know much about the economy"

and sarah palin is now not cooperating with investigators and thinks that the earth is supposed to go up in flames while she is raptured up to heaven?

perhaps those are more relevant issues.

Forum List

Back