Perfume is going to make me gag

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
WHAT possesses women who work in an office environment to wear LOADS of crap perfume?

I'd rather smell BO and I'm not kidding.

Perhaps the same compulsion that has them wearing tons of makeup?

I dunno - rarely wear either one. Simply being clean is the best bet.

It is a tracking device. Like, you are in an empty hallway, and can't see a woman, but you can follow the smell.

I think a man invented it.

Last edited:
When I get a noseful of it I usually say, loudly, 'ewww, what's that smell? Did someone break a perfume bottle?' I always hope the person hears me and gets the hint. Probably not though.

• Banned
I don't know why anyone would want to track that smell. Besides which, you don't have to follow it...it comes to you! It's pervasive!

• Banned
I keep thinking it's me because it is that in my face...but I'm not wearing perfume.

There are Some People who apparently marinate themselves in cheap cologne.

It's not very appealing.

For health reasons perfumes and colognes should be banned in the work place and some companies actually do not allow the wearing of either at all. I'm very allergic to both. :evil:

I remember being younger and wearing gallons of perfume. Of course, as a young woman I wore GOOD perfume, not cheap CRAP but I look back and wonder how I stood it! How did anyone stand it??? Poor people!

Of course, it also wore off me very quickly, so I didn't smell up the whole room. I hope.

Does WD-40 do anything?

It makes squeaky hinges work smoothly, takes paint off one's hands and will probably unstick fingers that are superglued together ...

But for me - nope. Gotta be Hoppe's No. 9 (I think that's the right number). My man be cleaning his gun (literal gun), he better brace himself. :badgrin:

A good perfume should be applied extremely sparingly and should not be discernable to another person sitting next to you. And it should be a good perfume. There's a lot of cheap stuff out there that would make anybody allergic.

I don't know about banning the stuff in public though I sympathize greatly with those who are allergic. But I don't see a problem with announcing in the office that it is bothering some people and ask people to voluntarily cease and desist. I have seen that done in business offices with good effect.

It doesn't happen enough for me to do that..and I'm not sure who it is.

I swear, I've tried smelling all my clothes and I can't smell it but it really smells like it's on me. Weird.

WHAT possesses women who work in an office environment to wear LOADS of crap perfume?

I'd rather smell BO and I'm not kidding.

Hobo showers.

I agree, they STINK! Some just give me the impression of what a cheap whore would smell like.

The smells gives me a headaches and makes me puke.

A good perfume should be subtle, but present, enticing, but not suffocating, alluring and complementary, but not obnoxious....

Gun Oil

I figured it out!

It has to be me...my skirt was in the bathroom and I'll bet it brushed against the bottle of Bergamin Tea scent I have in there.

Blech. That stuff is going into the garbage when I get home.

Forum List

Back