Pentagon Fails Its First-Ever Official Audit

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
They spent all this money on an audit that they knew ahead of time would be a failure, leaving aside the all important question of how and why did they know that ahead of time?

From the audit, they've apperently been buying inventory that doesn't show up. Got national security? lol. 406 million dollars on inventory that isn't there.

Anyway...

The Pentagon failed its audit, but officials aren’t surprised

Here’s what the Pentagon’s first-ever audit found

Snippets...

One figure that is available: the audit itself cost $413 million, which the department notes is roughly 1/30 of one percent of the Pentagon’s overall budget. In addition, $406 million was spend on addressing issues found by the department, with another $153 million on “financial system fixes,” per a DoD factsheet — a total in FY18 of $972 million.

But wait, there's more...

“We never thought we were going to pass an audit, right? Everyone was betting against us that we wouldn’t even do the audit,” Shanahan told reporters Thursday at the Pentagon.

“Some of the compliance issues are irritating to me because the point of the audit is to drive better discipline in our compliance with our management systems and our procedures,” he added. “Some of those things frustrated me because we have a job to do and just have to follow our procedures.”

Among those issues are what Shanahan called “inventory accuracy,” or issues where the central database at the Pentagon identified inventory that simply wasn’t there in the real world. He also hit on the need to be “better” at cybersecurity compliance and discipline. (Emphasis added)

Last edited:
Maybe the inventory isn't missing at all. Maybe it's just 'mislabeled'.

You can only launder so many $15,000 wrenches, after all.

No fiscal accountability for decades...........what did anyone expect.........LOL

Gov't contracts rape the tax payer...........they just throw more money at it instead of fixing it............costs us out the ass........Was the same 40 years ago......same today............nothing new here.

Question is.............will they fix it or will it stay the same.........

They spent all this money on an audit that they knew ahead of time would be a failure, leaving aside the all important question of how and why did they know that ahead of time?

From the audit, they've apperently been buying inventory that doesn't show up. Got national security? lol. 406 million dollars on inventory that isn't there.

Anyway...

Snippets...

One figure that is available: the audit itself cost $413 million, which the department notes is roughly 1/30 of one percent of the Pentagon’s overall budget. In addition, $406 million was spend on addressing issues found by the department, with another $153 million on “financial system fixes,” per a DoD factsheet — a total in FY18 of $972 million.

“We never thought we were going to pass an audit, right? Everyone was betting against us that we wouldn’t even do the audit,” Shanahan told reporters Thursday at the Pentagon.

“Some of the compliance issues are irritating to me because the point of the audit is to drive better discipline in our compliance with our management systems and our procedures,” he added. “Some of those things frustrated me because we have a job to do and just have to follow our procedures.”

Among those issues are what Shanahan called “inventory accuracy,” or issues where the central database at the Pentagon identified inventory that simply wasn’t there in the real world. He also hit on the need to be “better” at cybersecurity compliance and discipline. (Emphasis added)

The Pentagon, the DOD, it's all a black hole that sucks tax payer dollar$ into BLACKNESS.

On September 10, 2001, yep, the very day before 9/11, then SOD Rumsfeld appeared before Congress to say the DOD could NOT ACCOUNT for $2.3 TRILLION :26:

We never heard about that one again; did we?

WHY in Hell didn't G. W. 9/11 boi find out where the MISSING $2.3 TRILLION WENT?????????

Last edited:
Once again it is President Trump who shines the spotlight on the problem while other Presidents OF BOTH PARTIES looked the other way. This is a disgrace. Maybe the audit results will lead to downsizing and greater oversight of "The Puzzle Palace".

Just because you know you will fail, doesn't mean an audit isn't needed. You have to find out WHY and where the problems are in order to be able to fix them.

Once again it is President Trump who shines the spotlight on the problem while other Presidents OF BOTH PARTIES looked the other way. This is a disgrace. Maybe the audit results will lead to downsizing and greater oversight of "The Puzzle Palace".

IKE, a Republican, warned THE PLANET about this shit DECADES ago so, that makes you a fvcking liar.

Yeah, Eisenhower did nail it in his Farewell Address. Except now we have the bankers and the media in the mix. So, add military-industrial-media-banking complex.

Anyway...

Snippets...

shockedkirk.jpg

No fiscal accountability for decades...........what did anyone expect.........LOL

Gov't contracts rape the tax payer...........they just throw more money at it instead of fixing it............costs us out the ass........Was the same 40 years ago......same today............nothing new here.

Question is.............will they fix it or will it stay the same.........
They'll fix it the same day they wring all the fraud, payola, and graft out of HUD, SNAP, WIC, Medicare/Medicaid, gubmint schools, farm subsidies........

IKE, a Republican, warned THE PLANET about this shit DECADES ago so, that makes you a fvcking liar.

That is your dumbest response yet. Making a speech and actually DOING SOMETHING about military waste are not the same things. I realize such subtlety is lost on shallow thinking Liberals.

That is your dumbest response yet. Making a speech and actually DOING SOMETHING about military waste are not the same things. I realize such subtlety is lost on shallow thinking Liberals.

And what did Fuhrer Drumpt do when he shined his TINY wittle spotlight on the issue?

Did he actually 'do' anything? LOL :21:

And what did Fuhrer Drumpt do when he shined his TINY wittle spotlight on the issue?

The real Question is why haven't they been audited before................Did Obama do it............Nope.......Bush...........Nope...etc......etc..............

They should be audited to find waste and abuse and they should be able to account for what they spend.

The real Question is why haven't they been audited before................Did Obama do it............Nope.......Bush...........Nope...etc......etc..............

They should be audited to find waste and abuse and they should be able to account for what they spend.

and what is the result of said audit?

not a goddamn fvcking thing; right?

right

Trump will KEEP ON PUMPING ten$ of billion$ into hi$ pet; the DOD.

after all; Trump gotta blow up some shit, right?

right

Obama, Bush, Clijnton,Bush Sr, Reagan blew shit up too now didn't they..........

How many of them are auditing the Federal Gov't like Trump. Got news for you........he has already had most of the Federal Gov't audited..............and IG investigations on the same subject.............

Why didn't your HERO do this..........derp.

right

Obama, Bush, Clijnton,Bush Sr, Reagan blew shit up too now didn't they..........

How many of them are auditing the Federal Gov't like Trump. Got news for you........he has already had most of the Federal Gov't audited..............and IG investigations on the same subject.............

who is my "hero?"

right

who is my "hero?"
I'd say Obama..............you are a poster child for the leftist BS daily here.

right

who is my "hero?"
I'd say Obama..............you are a poster child for the leftist BS daily here.

I never voted for Obama; had two opportunities tho'

now; who is my hero?

right

who is my "hero?"

I never voted for Obama; had two opportunities tho'

now; who is my hero?
So you are an illegal!

Forum List

Back