Pennsylvania drug testing welfare recipients

Let them collect but they should feel embarrassed about letting other people pay their way.

1) "Letting" and having no other alternative are not the same thing.

There are always alternatives to going on the dole. You have just convinced yourself that there aren't so as to remove all guilt about letting someone else pay your bills.

2) On what basis do you conclude that recipients don't already feel some kind of displeasure about their need to rely on assistance?

The fact that more people are on the dole than ever before.

3) A mother should NEVER feel shame over the fact that, when push came to shove, she did whatever it took to make sure that her children were fed, regardless of her personal feelings about the situation. My girlfriend is a mother, and you wouldn't even begin to understand the sacrifices she's had to make for her daughter at time, to include a few things that she's not exactly been proud of. I'd like to see you tell her and I both to our faces that she ought to be embarrassed, or try to make her feel ashamed. If there was anything left of you by the time she finished with you, I'd personally put the bullet in your head, after first force feeding your pureed entrails to your own mother right in front of your eyes.

If you can't afford your kids then you shouldn't have had them in the first place. If you do have kids and you don't have adequate life insurance then it's your own fault for not being responsible.

And my mother is a crazy bipolar psycho that I haven't seen in years so all that your mama shit doesn't mean squat to me.

It is wrong to let other people pay your way and if you do let other people pay your way then you should be ashamed and you should have to pay them back.

Shame comes from a conscience from doing something wrong. Suddenly finding yourself needing help should not be accompanied by shame unless there was previous wrong doing.

it is wrong to let other people pay your way.

Everything is just black and white with you isnt it? No shades of grey as in real life.

Point taken......

So letting other people pay your way is the right thing to do?

If everyone felt that being on the dole is wrong, we'd have less people on it but you want to tell everyone that it's just fine to let everyone else pay your way.

And you wonder why we're becoming a nanny society.

The Fox News story linked to in the original post noted the claim made by one group that has studied the issue that

For all I know it could be substantially less. However, the suggestion that the cost per drug user detected could be near 50 cents is absurd. One source claims that Florida's drug testing policy (which differs in important ways from Pennsylvania's pilot program) costs the taxpayers about as much as it "saves", even ignoring the costs of defending the program in the courts and certain administrative costs (Welfare drug-testing yields 2% positive results | TBO.com).

I linked the actual cost of a drug test.
I see a whole lot of "may" and "claim" in your links.

Is that the test they are using or is that just one you found?

Does your price include the costs to administer the tests?
It is one that I found.

Good point about administering the tests, I'm sure that as soon as a government bureaucracy gets involved that probably increases each test by another $500 or more.

If you can't afford your kids then you shouldn't have had them in the first place.

Procreation is a fundamental right. See: Skinner v. Oklahoma ex rel. Williamson

The right’s ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution and its case law is indeed comprehensive.

Why is it that you only see case law as what defines constitutionality?

You do realize that there's no specific mention of judicial review, or anything of the sort, pertaining to the judicial branch, outlined in the constitution.

For all intents and purposes, the judicial branch conjured this power up and declared it the law of the land.

If you can't afford your kids then you shouldn't have had them in the first place.

The right’s ignorance of, or contempt for, the Constitution and its case law is indeed comprehensive.

One's right to procreate does not equal my responsibility to pay for their offspring. At that point, my rights are being violated.

Oh, but that's not what CASE LAW says :rolleyes:

I would quite frankly be embarrassed if I got head lice.

And it's not ignorance. Shame is a useful emotion and it used to be a great motivator. We've gone all touchy feely and tell people that there is no reason on earth for people to feel ashamed so they don't and now they believe they are entitled to live on the dole.

Personally, I would pick up dog shit for a penny a pile before I took charity from anyone.

First of all there's nothing to be "embarrassed" about with head lice. Why would you feel embarrassed? Please explain.

Ya...shame is a useful emotion. Maybe we should start using "scarlet letters" to mark everyone who was unfortunate enough to lose their job and needs temporary assistance. Especially those deadbeat single mothers....

Yeah nothing at all to be embarrassed about having filthy little parasites infesting your body.

Hey let's all get together and get infested after all it's no big deal right?

BTW if I ever did get infested with parasites I would sure as shit do something about it. I wouldn't say, "I have head lice and I'm proud."

And those single mothers didn't have to have brats out of wedlock did they? And those brats have fathers that can be chased down and made to pay.

I am one those women who had a brat out of wedlock, forcing the father to pay is great in theory.
Of course, like most of the single moms I know I just work hard and support my child myself with little help from his father. I have received assistance, but it only helped me get the job I have now.

What's that got to do with not being able to afford kids?

I have a right to take a shit but I don't have the right to expect you to clean it up do I?

First of all there's nothing to be "embarrassed" about with head lice. Why would you feel embarrassed? Please explain.

Ya...shame is a useful emotion. Maybe we should start using "scarlet letters" to mark everyone who was unfortunate enough to lose their job and needs temporary assistance. Especially those deadbeat single mothers....

Yeah nothing at all to be embarrassed about having filthy little parasites infesting your body.

BTW if I ever did get infested with parasites I would sure as shit do something about it. I wouldn't say, "I have head lice and I'm proud."

And those single mothers didn't have to have brats out of wedlock did they? And those brats have fathers that can be chased down and made to pay.

I am one those women who had a brat out of wedlock, forcing the father to pay is great in theory.
Of course, like most of the single moms I know I just work hard and support my child myself with little help from his father. I have received assistance, but it only helped me get the job I have now.

And were yo embarrassed or ashamed that you had to let other people pay your way?

If so was that shame not a motivator to get off the dole and do something you could be proud of?

What's that got to do with not being able to afford kids?

I have a right to take a shit but I don't have the right to expect you to clean it up do I?

Umm just let the govt quit providing sewer services and see what you say ;)

Skull, I admire you but you seem intent on heading to the cliff. Your child can come home with head lice from just attending school. It takes a lot of effort to be rid of that.

We have a 40% single parent birth rate. So chasing down deadbeats as we have for two decades hasnt had any effect.

Shit happens, I am sure few actually plan on being welfare moms as their lifes work.

I don't care how easy it is to get head lice. I would still be embarrassed if some filthy person gave them to me.

And with the availability of free birth control in this country, anyone who doesn't want to get pregnant doesn't have to.

So if you don't want to be a single mother on the dole then don't have kids you can't afford.

Yep.

You can get birth control for free in many areas.

Wonder why these freeloaders keep having kids they can't afford??

Perhaps they like the free ride provided by the taxpayers?? The taxpayers who haven't been asked if they want to provide charity.

You bet.

And were yo embarrassed or ashamed that you had to let other people pay your way?

If so was that shame not a motivator to get off the dole and do something you could be proud of?

Of course she wasn't ashamed. She and loads like her have no problem taking money. Its all in the name of their children doncha know?

Wonder if they would all be so eager to take that money if they all had to PAY IT BACK. Every dime??

Of course she wasn't ashamed. She and loads like her have no problem taking money. Its all in the name of their children doncha know?

Wonder if they would all be so eager to take that money if they all had to PAY IT BACK. Every dime??

What a scummy post.

Negged.

who are you to speak for someone else?

Forum List

Back