Pennsylvania drug testing welfare recipients

I understand why you libs like welfare since you have low self esteem and believe you too will be on welfare someday.

Isn't that the master plan of the messiah? Everyone on welfare like the USSR.

How does your brain keep you alive?

One would figure the batteries would've run out by age 3 or 4.

If people have the money for illegal drugs they have the money to pay more taxes.
Wall Street cokeheads for instance.

Political partisanship is clear proof that brains are optional.

I say if a person has to submit a drug test to work they should also submit to a drug test to get our tax dollars.

Soldier in Afghanistan gets drug tested to keep his/her job.

Lazy ass piece of shit in Philly that demands welfare check....can't get drug tested.

Enough said.

If people have the money for illegal drugs they have the money to pay more taxes.

Wall Street and all the big banks should be drug tested too. They got more fucking taxpayer money than some poor stiff trying to get by on $400 a month from TANF.

A congressman making $170K a year in taxpayer money should have to submit to a urine test before every check of taxpayer money.

Fuck it, let's just test everyone.

Idiot....taxpayers helped build the road with their taxes.

Most welfare takers aren't taxpayers more like taxtakers.

The Joe Schmoe driving on a public road isn't asking for special favors like someone that rolls into a welfare office demanding a handout along with no questions about where the money goes.

I say if a person has to submit a drug test to work they should also submit to a drug test to get our tax dollars.

Then we should all be drug tested before we're allowed to use publicly funded roads and highways.

you weren't supposed to drink the sea water in the coast guard.....

Wall Street and all the big banks should be drug tested too. They got more fucking taxpayer money than some poor stiff trying to get by on $400 a month from TANF.

A congressman making $170K a year in taxpayer money should have to submit to a urine test before every check of taxpayer money.

The Joe Schmoe driving on a public road isn't asking for special favors like someone that rolls into a welfare office demanding a handout along with no questions about where the money goes.

Then we should all be drug tested before we're allowed to use publicly funded roads and highways.

Provide your statistics that show "most "welfare recipients" aren't taxpayers". Prove it.

That is a lovely deflection, but doesn't address what I said at all. Did the banks and Wall Street get a whole bunch of taxpayer money or not? Why wasn't the RW demanding that THEY all pee in a cup before they got it?

To get a security clearance, one has to pass a drug test......so I would believe this is where politicians get tested unless they don't want a security clearance.

Good luck being a politician in DC without a security clearance.

Uh, they're not working.:lol:

Provide your statistics that show "most "welfare recipients" aren't taxpayers". Prove it.

You dont care. I got that, typical repub. I know of two families where the father passed on. But you dont care, fuck them right.

The problems with Liberals is you want to give the same assistance to a single mother whose husband passed on and a single mother on welfare who is to lazy to look for a job.
More Food Stamps Recipients Now Have Jobs

"About forty percent of food stamp recipients are ... in households in which at least one member of the family earns wages. ... In 1989, a higher percentage were on benefits than working, but as of 2009 a higher percentage had earned income."

Yes, in both situation the kids should be taken care of. But what the mother has to do get the assistance should vary.

There's nothing wrong with assisting single Moms. It just can't become a way of life for them for years and years.

It can't become a "way of life".

Debunking the Myth of the “Welfare Queen”: Who Actually Receives TANF Benefits?

Government-subsidized cash assistance isn’t going to make someone rich – in Pennsylvania, the maximum amount a mother with two children can receive in most counties is $403 per month. Recipients have trouble pulling their families out of poverty at all, and end up in the same spot once their benefits expire. Plus, welfare reform laws limit the amount of time a family is eligible to receive benefits, five years being the max. Exceptions to the rule are possible, but they are few and far between.

Pennsylvania families may be eligible for extended cash assistance, meaning they may receive benefits after their five-year window has expired. The Department of Public Welfare will consider extensions for recipients who face obstacles to attaining financial independence, such as domestic violence, physical or mental disabilities, family crises and newborns.

Read more: Pennsylvania Welfare and a 5-Year Limit | eHow.com Pennsylvania Welfare and a 5-Year Limit | eHow.com

Domestic violence? They can't go to work because they are too busy getting beaten up? Family crises? Does not having a job constitute a crisis? Newborns? Nuff said. :evil:

In NJ, extensions are routinely granted to the "chronically unemployable". Don't you just love that term?

If you reach your five-year time limit on cash assistance, here are some important things you should know:

· You may be able to get an exemption from the time limit if you are permanently disabled, the only caretaker of a disabled person, a victim of family/domestic violence, chronically unemployable or over the age of 60.

· If you do not qualify for an exemption from the time limit, you may qualify for SAIF, a new program where you will still receive your cash grant plus support services you need. You will still be required to work or participate in a work activity. A case manager will keep in close contact with you to help you get a job and leave welfare.

You may be eligible for SAIF if:

1. You have cooperated with Work First NJ requirements and you have tried to get a job but are still unemployed.

2. You have experienced family/domestic violence, were sick or deferred from participating in Work First NJ work-related activities for 12 months or longer, are currently deferred due to illness or are six or more months pregnant.

3. You have just lost your job through no fault of your own or because you couldn’t find child care or transportation.

New Page 2

You can't urine test a company, now some lazy ass bum I can test by forcing them to pee in a cup after they are able to stand up from being drunk all week.

That is a lovely deflection, but doesn't address what I said at all. Did the banks and Wall Street get a whole bunch of taxpayer money or not? Why wasn't the RW demanding that THEY all pee in a cup before they got it?

The problems with Liberals is you want to give the same assistance to a single mother whose husband passed on and a single mother on welfare who is to lazy to look for a job.

"About forty percent of food stamp recipients are ... in households in which at least one member of the family earns wages. ... In 1989, a higher percentage were on benefits than working, but as of 2009 a higher percentage had earned income."

Government-subsidized cash assistance isn’t going to make someone rich – in Pennsylvania, the maximum amount a mother with two children can receive in most counties is $403 per month. Recipients have trouble pulling their families out of poverty at all, and end up in the same spot once their benefits expire. Plus, welfare reform laws limit the amount of time a family is eligible to receive benefits, five years being the max. Exceptions to the rule are possible, but they are few and far between.

Pennsylvania families may be eligible for extended cash assistance, meaning they may receive benefits after their five-year window has expired. The Department of Public Welfare will consider extensions for recipients who face obstacles to attaining financial independence, such as domestic violence, physical or mental disabilities, family crises and newborns.

Read more: Pennsylvania Welfare and a 5-Year Limit | eHow.com Pennsylvania Welfare and a 5-Year Limit | eHow.com

Domestic violence? They can't go to work because they are too busy getting beaten up? Family crises? Does not having a job constitute a crisis? Newborns? Nuff said. :evil:

In NJ, extensions are routinely granted to the "chronically unemployable". Don't you just love that term?

If you reach your five-year time limit on cash assistance, here are some important things you should know:

· You may be able to get an exemption from the time limit if you are permanently disabled, the only caretaker of a disabled person, a victim of family/domestic violence, chronically unemployable or over the age of 60.

· If you do not qualify for an exemption from the time limit, you may qualify for SAIF, a new program where you will still receive your cash grant plus support services you need. You will still be required to work or participate in a work activity. A case manager will keep in close contact with you to help you get a job and leave welfare.

1. You have cooperated with Work First NJ requirements and you have tried to get a job but are still unemployed.

2. You have experienced family/domestic violence, were sick or deferred from participating in Work First NJ work-related activities for 12 months or longer, are currently deferred due to illness or are six or more months pregnant.

3. You have just lost your job through no fault of your own or because you couldn’t find child care or transportation.

New Page 2

which is usually caused by some type of mental illness. But thats Taboo:eusa_shhh:

You can't urine test a company, now some lazy ass bum I can test by forcing them to pee in a cup after they are able to stand up from being drunk all week.

Nope but you can test the traders.
I think they really need it after some of the stuff they have recently pulled which put our country in a mess. Seems drug induced to me.

Uh, the leaders of companies that got bailed out should be held accountable for paying back their "loans." If there was any criminal activity that caused their company to collapse then throw them in jail.

Drug testing private citizens for loans is not the same as drug testing someone living off the Govt's handouts, especially when a high % of those welfare people are in their situation because of alcohol and drug abuse.

Nope but you can test the traders.
I think they really need it after some of the stuff they have recently pulled which put our country in a mess. Seems drug induced to me.

New Page 2

which is usually caused by some type of mental illness. But thats Taboo:eusa_shhh:

Mental illnesses? Like depression or anxiety? I would imagine most people who have kids they can't afford to feed might become a little depressed or anxious. Then again, maybe not. :(

Chronically unemployable can also mean "total fucking jerkoff". :lol:

If I have to take a drug test to get a job programming computers, then I fail to see the reason welfare recipients can't be asked to take a drug test.

I didn't say they can't be. I was pushing back against the notion that this is some nefarious plot to control the population when it's obviously just a thinly-veiled attempt to cull the rolls, PRWORA-style.

It's not a nefarious plot. It's just the way it works out. Democrats push for the caretaker state, Republicans push for the police state. And once the dependency is in place, the dictating behavior part becomes compelling argument. Why should they be able to get high on taxpayer money?

We're going to start seeing the same dynamic once health care is socialized. The one thing Democrats and Republicans seem to agree on is that there's really no limit to what the government can force you to do, and once the public is picking up the tab for your health care, pretty much all your personal habits become fair game. Smoking? Poor diet? Couch potato? Look out, we're coming for you!

I'm not quite as convinced as you are that the government wants us physically fit and off the couch. I believe it's the opposite. They want our fat lazy asses right there on that couch shoving cheesy poofs down our throats while we digest their corporate news and distract ourselves with American Idol.

New Page 2

Mental illnesses? Like depression or anxiety? I would imagine most people who have kids they can't afford to feed might become a little depressed or anxious. Then again, maybe not. :(

Chronically unemployable can also mean "total fucking jerkoff". :lol:

You could be leading what you view as a perfect life and suffer from depression. Its not a state of mind but the processes of the mind.

Forum List

Back